It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal rights. Does it mean anything to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah
I could care less as long as it tastes good...

That is the way cannibals think also I feel very sure what comes around goes around.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Chickens that lay eggs are often held in very small cages while they are alive. Is this right? If you think this is, you are not a very good person.

This is Corporate Capitalism's answer to farming, the factory farm. I don't eat eggs from these bastards. Mine are local, free range and organic. Pay attention to where your food comes from, go talk to your local farmers, ask questions, get involved. If you can, raise your own laying hens, its not that hard and they are wonderful, intelligent and highly entertaining. Each one has her own personality and will probably give you 200 or more eggs per year.

edit on 31-12-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: FREE RANGE THE CHICKENS!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Yes clearly no one anywhere has any rights and torture and pain are the way of our planet...nice.

How you arrived at such a conclusion after reading my reply is a huge mystery.

Care to elaborate?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I had a moral dilemma a couple of years ago. There was a notice outside the local pig farm asking for windfalls for the piglets.

I had no idea in what sort of conditions the pigs were kept and, since I don't eat meat, I felt a bit iffy about supporting the pig farmer.

After giving the matter some thought I decided that some apples would make life happier for the piglets and so, for their sake, I started taking our windfalls. There was a good crop that year and I was able to take a few pounds nearly every day for about three months.

At one stage the message on the notice board changed - the farmer said how much the piglets were enjoying the apples and please keep them coming.

Animals are treated harshly in this world - we all know that. Sometimes all we can do is try and redress the balance a little bit - do something each day to improve their lot. Feed the birds, move bugs out of the road, deal humanely with spiders who are trapped in the bath...

I do believe in the right of every creature to live their lives unmolested. We all got here the same way and we'll all go the same way. Any living creature's life will mean as much to him as my life means to me so I do respect that. Just because it's small and can't speak doesn't mean I have to exploit it or squish it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join