It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Claims the U2 Was Responsible for All or Most of 1950's and 1960's UFO Sightings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ran across this just now. CIA report released today stating that the U2 program was responsible for almost all 50's, 60's, and 70's UFO sightings. Thoughts?

www.cia.gov...

edit on 30-12-2014 by jaffo because: Spelling error.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo Thoughts?

i'd say possibly some but surely not all. not even most. to the best of my knowledge the U2 didn't hover. and was not silent. and most crucially, it was a plane, that looked like a plane. even then.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: jaffo Thoughts?

i'd say possibly some but surely not all. not even most. to the best of my knowledge the U2 didn't hover. and was not silent. and most crucially, it was a plane, that looked like a plane. even then.

Yeah, I can hear that. Although A LOT of the pics from the 50's really, really look like a head-on shot of a U2 or a Blackbird. Both of which could easily appear to be floating if they were in the right position, I would think. Not disagreeing with you per se, just thinking it through.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Yes, but up near where it cruises, it's not going to look like a plane. Especially the early ones with silver paint on them.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

fair points, duly noted.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I would have thought rather a substantial amount of reported incidents regarding the 50s/60s would have involved UFOs of the saucer shaped variety?

If so i have to say the plane in question a Lockheed U-2 does not look very saucer shaped to me.

Does that mean that all the triangular shaped reported craft from the 80s and beyond are of the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk variety? LoL

edit on 30-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
yea them u2s could hook a 90 in a flash, and stop on a dime and go the other way better than any thing else.

ETA: i forgot to add hovering, that was the best kept secret.
edit on 30-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I would have thought rather a substantial amount reported incidents regarding the 50s/60s would have involved UFOs of the saucer shaped variety?

If so i have to say the plane in question (Lockheed U-2) does not look very saucer shaped to me.

From the side, no. But head on or from the rear? Absolutely possible anyway. What I would like is something concrete from them. I mean, show us flight plans that prove the planes claimed to be responsible were actually in the area, you know?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
How many U2s did we have?
Did they ALL buzz the whitehouse?
Are our pilots SO BLIND they can't tell a big glider shape from a circular one?

Nope ,sorry ,Spooks lied again.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
And you gotta wonder...what's in all of the blacked out parts?!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Thats probably just to get your attention and provide the illusion of authenticity.
edit on 30-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

That probably just to get your attention and provide the illusion of authenticity.

Come on now, this is a mighty fine document providing a wealth of information, potentially. Let's not dismiss it with hand waving because we can't be bothered to read it. That's not denying ignorance, my friend.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I did say "probably", it was just a thought. Its not like TPTB have ever been known to disseminate misinformation in such a fashion, extensive document or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Fair enough, lol. Can't wait to read this thing in full tonight.
edit on 30-12-2014 by jaffo because: Grammar, spelling.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sure thats the ticket. It doesn't explain thought what landed in the Berwyn Mountains. That was a house sized glowing sphere that descended with a earth shaking boom. Witnesses saw men with flashlights walking around the base of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Sure thats the ticket. It doesn't explain thought what landed in the Berwyn Mountains. That was a house sized glowing sphere that descended with a earth shaking boom. Witnesses saw men with flashlights walking around the base of it.

Absolutely does not explain everything. Does not explain the Cash-Landrum incident either, although that is a bit out of the frame. But it would explain a lot. I mean, if all or even most of the UFO reports from that era were legit, there would have been aliens at the local McD's, lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sooo... everytime they scrambled to intercept and or opened fire such as in LA, Ca it was because of their own aircraft?! Rotfl!! Plus the U2 is very loud when ascending to its nearly invisible cruising/spying altitude. This has to be a joke or the most pathetic thing I've heard from an agency that claims to be intelligent lol

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Russian boosters and U2s have been used to explain a lot of reports. Stealth aircraft like to avoid all the flashing light shows and rocket boosters tend to travel in one direction i.e. up ^

Is the report by Gerald K. Haines by any chance? If it is, it came out in the 1990s.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You would have to be up pretty high to see one of those things at a head on view , or it would have to be coming directly at you so I don't think many people would have seen the plane from head on.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't give a # about the % that's there's. !
I wanna know what isn't there's

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join