It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Universe created itself all on its own

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
then does that mean that everyone and everything in it would be considered God, as in the universe was at one point, as science tells us, all One before the big bang, are we still One through space and time? I believe this because Albert Einstein said the seperation between past , present, and future is an illusion so that means the moment of the big bang still exists , as does the present, as does the future.

This kind of thinking makes me want to believe that the law of one is real, but then again i dont know how the universe created itself all on its own via the big bang without something that created it .

Maybe the law of complexity applies and matter itself evolved from the beginning.

i have other theorys that were shot down pretty quick, like god being from the future, but also from another universe.

If the big bang is real does that mean everyone and everything was God?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

The words give us limitations. What happened the moment before the big bang. We can never know. It is an undefinable infinte act. God is also undefinable and infinite. We use different words to try and explain things we dont understand.

Call is God call it the universe what difference does it make..

purp..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

"If the Universe created itself all on its own"

Even if the our universe was responsible for its own creation the question still begs what did it create its self from and what existed before?

It's a chicken and egg scenario and the fact that our perspective regarding the subject is limited by our perception of only 3 dimensions somewhat retards any possible answer we may surmise.

edit on 30-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't really believe in the big bang THEORY, But not in creationism as well. But if everything must be created. What created God? Mankind.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
at the rate we going, with wars and such , we'll probably never know the answer. we should be focused on the answers, but aren't.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think a more heavenly universe known to the ancients as the casual world of ideas may have created itself. Then those universal omnipotent beings that live there created the heavenly astral worlds of living light. Then the heavenly astral light beings created the mundane physical universe which we live and suffer in because this universe was made to suck pretty badly for all life here.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

You guys are all thinking very linearly, assuming that time constrains God.

Think about this;

• In our distant future, technology and society will be more advanced than we now see. In fact, the mind to mind communication, technical control over environment, advances in AI and biology will make us, from a current understanding, appear God like.

• Because we exist (here and now) we know that there is a high likelihood that we will gain control over the universe in a truly fundamental manner.

• One of the things we will be able to control is the outcome of quantum fluctuation (We will be able to make something arise from nothing).

• Another thing we will control is the passage of time (we can already mess with time dilation).

• If we have fulfilled the previous points, then it is necessary that we would ensure the existence of our universe, in the way it now appears, by creating it back in the beginning of time. This is evidenced by the highly anthropocentric nature of the existing universe.

• posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
    link   
    If God was the catalyst in forming the heavens and life here on Earth, I would disagree with his assessment of his work and say that 'it is not that good', what with the violent nature of all matter within this creation and we lifeforms having to eat each other to survive.

The secrets of creation may always be just beyond our reach, but it certainly is interesting theorizing about it.

wfirst.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:03 PM
    link   

You seem like you might be a Christian so I'll help you...

Think of it like you have a big ball of pliable play-doh that has infinite "potential" to be any form.

Only instead of calling it "potential" forms, think of the forms as truly being within the play-doh, and they simply have yet to have been translated into the visible form of the play-doh.

If you take some of the play-doh and form it into another shape, what you've done is translated one of its infinite forms, which existed within it all along, into its bodily form...

And it works like that.

So within the play-doh(Spirit) is a desire/spiritual form for children of God, and that is what we are. We are Church/Bride - we are to take in the spirit of Jesus and Jesus is to be our head and we become heirs/children of God.

However, Father has the final say in what you can translate because it is his Spirit(play-doh) and the forms are his body(Son) which HE is the head of translating -- we are just some of the "potential" forms [of children] which existed within the Spirit that he has translated into the light/form that is his Body/Son, and we barely have any control of our spirits.

So think of it like we were/are apart of his will/Spirit and we are apart of his Son/body, but we are not him -- we are more like "potentialities" that he loves and lets govern themselves [sort of kind of.]

Edit: Google a trap door spider... then realize that doors were not created by men, they were just translated by them and spiders. And it is the same for all other "potentialities" that have been translated into the light so far. We're just translating our desires/spirits into forms; and like the things we translate, we too were translated. Look up convergent evolution too. You'll see what I mean.
    edit on 12/30/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
    link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"If the Universe created itself all on its own"

Even if the our universe was responsible for its own creation the question still begs what did it create its self from and what existed before?

)

the universe came out of the 'vacuum + nothingness'...
    just as Nature abhors a vacuum
    and just as water seeks it's own level

the 'deep' = void/vacuum of space/nothingness
    coaxed pre Quantum energy into existence... as these energies became weaker (denser) they became Quarks & stuff...as these combined and interacted then even slower/denser 'stuff' came into existence which we call Atomic particles which condensed further into matter... physical material matter... the lower down the energy scale stuff descended, it became dead & dense stuff of creation which requires it to consume or even cannibalize it's related (cousin) material

check out Eastern religions
    edit on th31141997124930272015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:29 PM
    link   
    The Big Bang Theory always reminds me of the Flat Earth Theory. Both sound absurd and make zero sense to me. Everything came from nothing...sounds like a bunch of bull# to me. I think the theory of our universe being part of a larger living organism that we can't fathom makes more sense than the Big Bang Theory.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
    link   

Such an interesting topic and one I have contemplated for a long time. Like others have posted, I don't think we can understand the concept so we create things in terms we can understand and thus lose the bigger picture. We are confined by what we can sense and by our concept of time.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:43 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
    If the big bang is real does that mean everyone and everything was God?

Pretty much. "God" is the act of a consciousness observing the universe, and being aware of its existence. The universe doesn't exist unless there is something (someone) to experience it.

The trick is, time is not what you think it is. It's not a linear dimension, like distance. It's more like a color. It constantly "flows" forward and backward and sideways in a number of very subtle dimensions. And there are consciousnesses, little lives that also zoom backwards and forwards in time, expanding the universe by experiencing it. I personally don't think of the origin point as a "Big Bang." I see it as a transdimensional nexus point that everything recycles through, including yourself. Like this, but imagine it happening in multiple dimensions:

Every time you think a new thought, energy is ordered and consolidated, and the universe expands a little more. You're the God in the equation, adding to the holographic whole of the universe throughout all time.
    edit on 30-12-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:55 PM
    link   
    a reply to: St Udio

I'm aware of the complexities regarding a working understanding of reality and/or universe/multi-verse. Still eastern philosophies pose just as many questions and provide such limited answers as the rest. Which is probably exactly how its meant to be. Quite possibly there are some things and some questions humanity will never posses or have the tools to fathom. never mind forming a working understanding of such. That's probably half the fun and what stops us from all going mad.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:42 PM
    link   

Cause and effect are the norm.
    However when the Universe sprung forth.
    IT did so in a thought .
    And as this thoust travelled faster than the speed of light.
    THE THOUGHT WAS IN THE CREATERS /gOD / univreses head before he had even considered such a concept as LIFE THE uNIVESRSE AND EVERYTHING.

And it was the first instantant of da ja vue.
    Pleased with this visuion its Made it so.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:44 PM
    link   
    So you are saying that there is an edge to space? Where if you go too far you can fall off. Wow the world is really flat. reply to: InTheLight

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:46 PM
    link   
    a reply to: ecossiepossie

Cause and effect are only the norm if time follows a linear path. If that's not the case then anything is possible, its like Murphy law "If something can happen then it will happen" our understanding of the mechanics behind said concept through are ether flawed or incomplete.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
    link   
    a reply to: andy06shake

I agree
    But Murphys Law is the Irish version of Sods Law .

If something can go wrong .It will go wrong.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:23 PM
    link   
    This topic always makes my brain hurt. The more I think about it, the more questions I have.

Is God a singular entity or a collective sum of everything in the universe? I think you need to set more definitive parameters to define the term “What is a God” in order to try and answer your question. Otherwise it will always be open for individual interpretation.

I personally don’t think the Big Bang was the beginning of it all. It may have been the begining of what we know as our 14 billion yr old universe but the start of everything, I don’t think so. I also have a tough time wrapping my brain around the possibility of something that’s alway existed. That’s where it gets somewhat overwhelming and all rationality goes out the door for me.

Here’s a good read that will provoke more thought on the subject.
    What came before the Big Bang?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:46 PM
    link   
    No longer (or ever) chicken and egg...
    All data supports egg, emergent/always existing/in transition to chicken...and back again/in all 'locations'...our little disc, less than an individual grain of sand on an expanse of beach - each grain separated by a vast, unimaginable distance could well only imagine it is in a sandbox that is the only tract of sand, and hence concoct such an event as a big bang, or a creation with associated chicken and egg conundrums based on the imposition of exclusivity that limits distance to the edges of a self-imposed sandbox.

Å99

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join