It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another plane in trouble NOW.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
A Thai Airways flight from Bangkok to London is currently dumping fuel and is going to return to bangkok airport. Passangers are now starting to tweet photos from the plane.

Trying to get more info as it becomes available.

This is the second emergency today.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Flightradar24 ‏@flightradar24 25m25 minutes ago
#TG916 fuel dump seen from inside RT @ThisIsMattBabai: My plane dumping fuel and returning to Bangkok
Embedded image permalink

Just hearing now it has a hydrolic leak and will attempt to land shortly once fuel dumped.
edit on 30-12-2014 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

I get alerts on in flight emergencies on my phone. On an average day, I get four. On a busy day I've seen 8-9. Those are just the planes that declare an emergency. Many times they'll just notify air traffic control they need to return and won't declare one, and it's all quiet.

Hydraulic leaks are something to take seriously, but happen often. Unless it's something like United 232, where the entire system is taken out, its usually not that big a deal.
edit on 12/30/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: bellagirl

I get alerts on in flight emergencies on my phone. On an average day, I get four. On a busy day I've seen 8-9.

Hydraulic leaks are something to take seriously, but happen often. Unless it's something like United 232, where the entire system is taken out, its usually not that big a deal.

Thanks mate. Just got confirmation that it has landed safely. I only saw because i was following a flight a have someone on..phew....probably a bit jumpy at the moment.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What app does this? Yes, I am a notorious curious desaster-spectacler...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Flightradar24. You can set it to receive various alerts. Mine pings on communications failures and emergencies.

new topics

top topics

join