It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Websites not loading properly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
So, this problem just started yesterday and I'm at my wit's end as to what to do about it. So far, it seems to only be restricted to Firefox web browser. My facebook messages and a lot of the other features on the website will not load, the comments on youtube will not load, and other websites will come up as nothing but white pages with text on them no graphics or anything to be spoken of.

I have tried so far: Restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling firefox, deleting cache and cookies, checking plugins, checking extensions, flipping over onto my head (kidding, but still) , checking history settings, updating java, updating flash (both claim they do not need any updates) , and running a malwarebytes scan which yielded nothing. The pages were working for a brief while after a restart but are now back to their old selves again and malfunctioning.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Myomistress

"The pages were working for a brief while after a restart"

Not sure if you mean computer restart or what I suggest below.

But if you haven't tried this, maybe it will help.

Turn off your router and modem for a few minutes.

Then start up the router. A minute or two later, the modem.
edit on 12-30-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: Myomistress

Maybe this will help.

Turn off your router and modem for a few minutes.

Then start up the router. A minute or two later, the modem.

Already tried turning off the router for a minute and then turning it back on, forgot to mention that one. Also, would that really be a problem if everything loads in another browser but just not in firefox? Nonetheless, tried the router but not the modem via that technique.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Myomistress
Also, would that really be a problem if everything loads in another browser but just not in firefox?

Unlikely but you never know with computers sometimes.

Sorry nothing is working. Have you searched the net for solutions?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Most places just tell me to delete my history and that hasn't helped me at all. It changed nothing. I noticed the last time it happened though, I had just been accessing firefox in a sandboxed browser and when I closed that out, the real browser was malfunctioning again. I don't know if that would have changed anything or not. That was not what caused the problems the first time around though as I had not used a sandboxed web browser before these problems began originally.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Myomistress First off run CCleaner, Hitman Pro. Then run Malwarebytes. These three things will keep your computer clean. DDOS (Denial of Service) usually indicates a virus.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Myomistress First off run CCleaner, Hitman Pro. Then run Malwarebytes. These three things will keep your computer clean. DDOS (Denial of Service) usually indicates a virus.

I followed all of your directions and ran the scans on my system and it still did not change anything.
Thanks anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ok,

is this happening on all Browsers?

I.E. Chrome and firefox?

have you cleared the Cache and all history?

can you run: explorer %temp%

and let me know how many files are here?
edit on 30/12/14 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Also,

can you give me some details of your device?

Laptop, PC, XP, Vista, W7, W8?

age of device, memory and HD size?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
a reply to: Phatdamage

Also,

can you give me some details of your device?

Laptop, PC, XP, Vista, W7, W8?

age of device, memory and HD size?

It was only happening in firefox and I cleaned the cache for that browser (was not happening in ie which I never use anyway) . I have a Dell Inspiron laptop ultrabook. It's about two and a half to three years old. Windows 8.1. Something that seems to be working temporarily was deleting my firefox profile and making another one. Everything is normal again for now, but I don't know if this will only be a temporary fix or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I had a similar problem a few weekends ago, and I blame it on some overnight "update" of Firefox.
At least when I took the option of "restoring" the whole machine to an earlier setting, thus undoing the most recent updates and changes, the problem disappeared.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Myomistress
So, this problem just started yesterday and I'm at my wit's end as to what to do about it. So far, it seems to only be restricted to Firefox web browser. My facebook messages and a lot of the other features on the website will not load, the comments on youtube will not load, and other websites will come up as nothing but white pages with text on them no graphics or anything to be spoken of.

If you have a script-blocking* activated on FireFox that will block most of parts of FaceBook and YouTube.
If you're using a script blocking addon on FireFox you'll need to white-list FaceBook and YouTube for them to function normally.

[ * something which deactivates _javascript ].
edit on 31-12-2014 by Takifugu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
is it still playing up?

maybe your correct and just had a bad profile, but i agree with what Takifugu is saying, check your ad-dons, i use Ad-blocker on Chrome and sometimes it blocks parts of sites i need!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to: Phatdamage

It is seemingly still okay today, but I haven't closed out the browser or anything so I don't know if it will revert back to that or not. Also, I DO have noscript and adblock, but I've had the necessary scripts for those sites already allowed for months now so I don't think that's the issue as I didn't change any of my settings in noscript. I just hope that forming a new profile (and re-adding noscript and adblock) will amend this problem as it's very confusing and annoying to not know what to do to fix something when it seems as if it should be so simple.

Also when changes like this happen for seemingly no reason and at random. Computers. -.-

new topics

top topics

join