It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah blacks are treated no better than your average white citizen.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

White Georgia Woman Shoots At People From Her Car, Aims Gun At Police And Does NOT Get Shot

Ferguson Police Officer Says Michael Brown’s Memorial Was ‘A Pile Of Trash’

Guess Who Took A BB Gun Off A Walmart Shelf, Loaded It, Ran Around Shooting, And Lived?

You can't dance in the street or you will be roughed up. Black = The slightest hint of a gun..your dead. White = openly aiming guns at cops, take em alive.

So many stories..so many different outcomes...and it all depends on your skin color.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't generalise so much...

But at the same time anyone who denies there is a racism problem...
There is a big question mark over their heads...

I was gonna keep it vague but I'll just say it...

Edit: If you deny there is a problem with racism, you're a racist. Simple.
edit on 29-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Racism has been a consistent thread running through the American flag for all of it's existence.
That and the genocide. Well, and now the torture.

It's not so much the denying. The victim mocking really gets me.
edit on 29-12-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I've posted this before. But it reminds me of the posts on social media lately...
Black kid points gun/shoots someone, he's labeled a "thug"
White kids does the same thing, "he needs emotional help. Blame the music, blame the video games, blame everyone and everything but the kid himself!"

While I don't ignore the fact that *some* of these police brutality cases lately were indeed caused by people committing crimes, it is very true that the outcome of the "punishments" are very different based on the color of ones skin.

Also, regardless if that man did that to antagonize the cops or not, has anyone seen those white young adults that prank police all the time?! One kid in a video was pretending to jack up an officers car to steal his tires. The officer freaked out, then laughed. I'm forced to watch these videos by my children. They are hilarious. But also validates my point that you can be white and outwardly prank a police officer and not even get a warning.
edit on 29-12-2014 by alishainwonderland because: edit

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I don't deny that there is a racial issue, I (being a white male) would not walk around in a black neighborhood at night.
I also (being a white male) had a rough time in school in an almost 90% black school. I agree with you there is a racial problem and it is two sided.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

So both those statements can be reversed and be just as true.

Which side was institutionalized and encouraged in this country for decades?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't deny that some people are racist, Black and white both. Nor do i deny that they are profiled. But i know aplenty of white people wronged by cops as well. Make it a civil rights issue not a racial issue. Everyone deserves their rights.a reply to: Onslaught2996

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: NotMoose

So both those statements can be reversed and be just as true.

Which side was institutionalized and encouraged in this country for decades?

Okay, and your point is? My point is that it's a two sided issue, also I do not take responsibility for others actions in the past and I owe no one. I treat all humans with respect and expect the same.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2014 by NotMoose because: double post

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We invade Iraq, corporations set up shop and then the contractors are amazed when they go there and people shoot at them. Thats not a "two sided issue".

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

But I'm not blind about blacks being racist also. Hell, I'll go one step further. Every race has it's racists but only one uses it as a crutch.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I agree

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
We invade Iraq, corporations set up shop and then the contractors are amazed when they go there and people shoot at them. Thats not a "two sided issue".

I think you meant to post this in a rant thread.

Who's talking about Iraq?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
doing anything to the cops in New York right now isn't a great idea. But look at it this way he lived and was able to walk away from it.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

Really? Anytime I see articles about kids with guns the general reaction is the kid is a total criminal regardless of race. IMO a kid up to no good with a gun is a thug and it doesn't matter what color they are. As for music, video games, who knows? I'd bet the kid was in a bad environment to begin with if they did that.

Never saw the videos you mention but I remember this case very well. Granted he wasn't shot but he was arrested and at the time of the article was facing charges.

White Man Points Banana At Cop, Claims He Was Kidding

I think it all depends on the circumstances.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

A crutch?

I'd call it righteous outrage...

At the end of the day, if you want to become a spokesperson for White people to shine a light on racism against Whites then you should...

But don't disrespect other races for doing the same by calling it a crutch...
Because it almost makes light of the problem the way you worded it, as if it should just be ignored because all races have racists...

Go & protest about Farrakhan and his White Devil outbursts, I'm sure you'll get plenty of support...

But don't call it a crutch just because you're not complaining...
It's a humans right to call out indignation, not a crutch.
edit on 29-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18815914]CharlieSpeirs[/

When using the crutch when it is not needed it's malingering.
edit on 29-12-2014 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Well, I agree with everything but your last point. Many many people in America are just not well educated on any social issues, history, racism, intergenerational poverty, etc. So someone can not believe there is a race problem simply because they are not educated on it and don't have enough experience to see it. In that case they would not be a racist, but ignorant.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's called setting civil rights back 50 years. It's called inciting violence. I agree with Martin Luther King . People should be judged by the contents of their CHARACTER and not by the color of their skin. Maybe the black people need to produce another man like that instead of Rev. Al.

What is going to happen is more are going to die because they go about EVERYTHING the wrong way. It really isn't my fault.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
georga is a bad example. As far as i know insnt that redneck central? media portrays that region as being cultually racist. But thats just movies right?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join