It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA will power the world economy in 2015......?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'd like to make a point here.

Thanks to oil prices coming down. People will now have more spending money.

instead of spending over 40 dollars a week in gas.
I'm now spending a little under 30 dollars a week.

A 10 dollar savings a week. 520 dollars a year.

Multiply that a few hundred million. And that's a lot of money to pump into the economy.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

The US economy is strong at the moment. The company I work for is an indicator company and the US is the only strong market in the world. China business fell off middle of last year and Europe has been having issues since 2008.

The US economy at this point in time is out pacing the world. You do not need to run faster than the bear just the guy next to you. Will this last forever.....NO. Inflation is about to render anyone making under 15 dollars an hour our right out of the fold. If you make under this amount in the near future I believe you will not be able to afford food and housing, because of ever rising inflationary boundaries.
edit on 29-12-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

originally posted by: stirling
The fact remains that China has an unsustainable population.....the wild swing from agrarian to industrial has caused many irreparable problems which in my observation at least just get put off not dealt with....
I do not expect that China is implosion free as you may think....

Who would be the new superpower after America starts to retreat to isolation if not China?

Super powers come from random and unexpected places eg

A rainy cold island

13 former backward colonies of gun loving religious nuts

Hell I would not be suprised if we get a great fuji empire

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The problems are all in place for a solution. I see one world coming. I also think it was setup a while ago. Now, the only thing I'm wondering is if there will be a world war three before implemented.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Our time is done as The power in the world, we the people let the politicos divide us and divvy up what power and wealth they could between themselves.

Now is the time for American people to start the process of taking back our country before we become a steaming cesspool of a third world country.

Lol America is already a third world country!!! Look around you! Balkanization is the only hope for any Americans. Our country is too big and too complex to be governed by Washington with any efficiency or accountability any more. It's ironic, to save the USA we need to destroy it as it now stands.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The US economy is really starting to chug along and the will keep Europe chugging and others as well. China however is heading to the same problem Japan had. Anybody remember when Japan was China. If you were around in the 80s it was Japan that was about to pass the US. Lots of cash buying up America etc. Of course Japan was booming on cheap labor and what happens is life gets better in those countries and people want a piece of the pie so better wages etc. follow and you have transition into a new service based economy. The US and Europe had to do it, so did Japan and so will China. Somebody else will take over the cheap labor production. That transition is not easy. China will have get through it as well. So if your planning on seeing the US passed up in your life time I am afraid you may be disappointed.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

the survivors will be those few nations with infrastructure, food and oil. China has only one of the three

China has only one of the three

No.

China maintains food self sufficiency and has the worlds largest reserves of shale gas and is easily in the top 5 nations by coal reserves. They also have as much proven crude oil reserves as America does, probably more, who knows.

The future is China.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

China has enough food for 1+ Billion? Oil reserves? More than the U.S.? Coal?

Then why are they importing their oil?

Perhaps you have investments in China that require intern'l confidence?

If not, then you are dreaming, sir. China's 'economy' is built on the demands of the world economy. Without that demand, China's manufacturing is without customers.

Learn the lesson of Japan. China has taken the same road and will end up at the same destination.....

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hopefully Russia takes the top spot and pushs back this media driven culture of feminism, secularism, perverts and acceptance that is being driven across the west.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

China has enough food for 1+ Billion? Oil reserves? More than the U.S.? Coal?

Yes.

Agriculture in China

Agriculture is a vital industry in China, employing over 300 million farmers.[1] China ranks first in worldwide farm output, primarily producing rice, wheat, potatoes, sorghum, peanuts, tea, millet, barley, cotton, oilseed, pork, and fish. Although accounting for only 10 percent of arable land worldwide, it produces food for 20 percent of the world's population.

And again, yes they have as much oil as the U.S and have the largest shale gas reserves in the world.

Then why are they importing their oil?

Better to waste other peoples than use their own. Global oil and gas trade networks are pretty complex, use the internet. Why does any country including Saudi import crude, gas or finished distillates?

Learn the lesson of Japan

Princes of the Yen: Central Banks and the Transformation of the Economy

If you are at all interested in the Japanese economy this is a good overview of how they operated over the last 60 years.

China is nothing like Japan.

China has taken the same road and will end up at the same destination

China will not end up like Japan however they may very well end up at the same destination as just about every other De-regulated capitalist nation has now, but probably not within our lifetimes.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Americans are too stupid to know what is coming over the next year and all that will happen when the
next financial panic sets in, is people turning on each other! We will be too busy blaming each other and
pointing fingers to work together to form a new government! I expect we will end up seeing a civil war!
Seeing a war with more death and destruction then the first civil war by far!
It's unfortunate we have allowed the corporate media to spoon feed us our beliefs instead of finding out
for ourselves who and what was responsible for the great American con! The past centuries financial collapses,
the debt based monetary enslavement, vilifying the poor and the wealthy instead of those behind the scenes
controlling the socio financial and foreign policies! I can not tell how the panic will begin but I can tell how this
is all going to end and I truly believe we will see a Charismatic leader, leading us out of economic turmoil. One who
will be ushered into the stage of world politics to create a new economic forefront where we can no longer use
printed currency to buy or sell! I will let you all figure out the rest! May God have mercy on us all!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is because of the shale gas and liquified natural gas technology. This could be a significant boost in their power, however economically it won't do much good. The economic system in the US is just plain wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Look you dont need that much of an understanding to really get investing.

You put your money where its going to work for you and right now thats just not going to happen in the US because of multiple factors. Tax rates, how much you have to pay your employees here, freight cost i mean a bunch of reasons. The US government is not business friendly.

Big investors are going to spend their money building infrastructure in emerging markets. Its really simple.

American venture capitalist will fuel these emerging markets. If theres a couple things Americans are good at its business and war. They are both very very similar too.
edit on 1/28/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

US has been powering the worlds economies since 2008 US originated market crash, remember is call infinitive quantitative easing and will keep doing it because if it doesn't the world economies will implode.

Money is nothing but and illusion of numbers in a big board call the Walls street.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There is so much ridiculousness in this post, it must be called out.

originally posted by: marg6043

US has been powering the worlds economies since 2008 US originated market crash

Wow, what? Already there is nonsense going on here. The US has been powering the worlds economies since we caused the markets to crash. WHAT?? Do you hear what you're saying? OMG! Talk about insanity.

, remember is call infinitive quantitative easing and will keep doing it because if it doesn't the world economies will implode.

How is this sentence.

Money is nothing but and illusion of numbers in a big board call the Walls street.

In any way compatible with this sentence?

So you've managed to clobber together the abstract, with the concrete, and flip back and forth between the two, arguing both sides of a subject at once. WTF?

Let's get back to reality here.

There is a real, concrete economy, and an abstract market on top of it. Don't confuse the two. The abstract market sways the perceptions of the players, and movements of the real economy. It's not that economy itself. Two separate entities.

The US did NOT power the real economy by implementing policies which lead to the crash, or by implementing policies after the crash. That's just complete and utter nonsense.

What is powering the economy in a very concrete sense is energy, and it's utilization to extract resources. Less concrete would be ideas, and visions by those with enough energies to be expending them outside of their base survival.

The US isn't powering the global economy in 2015, but it's also not playing a small role. It's a major player, not the only kid on the block.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Sugar you believe what others tells you to believe that is find with me, Obviously numbers in a fake board is all what many needs to believe that everything is peachy when it comes to the US economy and the rest of the world.

I guess you were nowhere to be found when here in ATS we dissected, the you know 2008 market crash.

Do some research you may find tons of great information on the truth behind that littler American blunder that brought the world to its butt.

It never stops to amazed me when it comes to most Americans memories. . . have a nice day.

In 2015 We all going to be millionaires.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Stop reading yahoo news.

2nd.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Hey man, I'll sell you half this Qtip for $75... get it now, I'm running low.
(10% discount on used items)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So you've got absolutely nothing!

I just completely ripped apart your poor reasoning, and you continue, this time with more than a few assumptions about me.

Wow woman. You're clueless!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I read a thread a few days ago on ATS which discussed the topic of oil and the USD. Don't remember the thread so I can't provide a link to it. It was very interesting in that the OP provided a video, which stated that an agreement was made in the mid 70's with OPEC to do all oil transactions in USD. This meant that every country in the world wanting to buy middle eastern oil is required to use USD.

The video explained this is why the USA can afford to have over 1000 military bases around the world. Iraq was attacked because Hussein was attempting to transact his oil trades in Euros. Two days after the Iraq invasion this was changed back to USDs. Same reason with Kaddafi's country.

Currently China, Russia, Syria, and Iran are dumping the USD for oil transactions and switching to the Yuan. This is why the oil prices have been reduced to make it too expensive to make oil transaction in anything but the USD.

If the US loses its currency dominance in the oil market it will be devastating to the US economy because all those dollars that have been freely printed for all these years will come flooding back to the US.

If anyone knows the thread, I mentioned, please post it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join