It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA will power the world economy in 2015......?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...

This optimistic view of the coming financial year....seems to be counting on some very shakey foundations for its predictions.....
That the scenario is possible is true enough, but will the plebs turn out and do what the prophets predict is the question......
Somehow lower gas prices are supposed to fuel this new rennissance....I don't think so......
whats your take on this?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Errrrrr.....how much debt are they at now?, 18 trillion??

List of tent cities in the United States

Dont think their going to be leading any global economy to be honest, I think what we are going to find after the next financial crash is China will take over for good.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Our time is done as The power in the world, we the people let the politicos divide us and divvy up what power and wealth they could between themselves.

Now is the time for American people to start the process of taking back our country before we become a steaming cesspool of a third world country.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo
I do get the feeling this is just more mind control propaganda.....kind of a feel good piece to keep the plebs minds off precisely that 18 trillion they owe.....

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Well the era of America being the leader of the world economy is long gone. Whoever wrote this better wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yeah man been reading a lot of scary # recently about how America is apparently enjoying record growth, its like their driving for one big last push before it collapses.

China is slowing...

Found that pretty amusing, in the last ten years China has created more debt than America has in 100. People are delusional if they think that sort of hyper expansion isnt going to amount to anything or that any nation even the great America has a chance to compete with that.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The fact remains that China has an unsustainable population.....the wild swing from agrarian to industrial has caused many irreparable problems which in my observation at least just get put off not dealt with....
I do not expect that China is implosion free as you may think....

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The fact remains that China has an unsustainable population.....the wild swing from agrarian to industrial has caused many irreparable problems which in my observation at least just get put off not dealt with....
I do not expect that China is implosion free as you may think....

Who would be the new superpower after America starts to retreat to isolation if not China?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I predict Chinas faltering in the future but have no fave for the new superpower....hoping for none actually.....

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Its a global problem and will increasingly become so!
The debt mountain and an increasing population is a burden the world economy cannot escape from which will result in untold future problems. Neither are sustainable or compatible.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I predict Chinas faltering in the future but have no fave for the new superpower....hoping for none actually.....

Hopefully we don't we see a new Nazi Germany just like what happened in the 1930s

I mean we are seeing a rise of far right parties in Europe and that is pretty scary because a lot of them are openly racist

Steve Heller, a world expert on graphic design, cares little about politics. But the other day he published a post on the website of Print magazine titled “The Right Is Always Wrong” — a powerful collection of images in which extreme nationalists in Hungary, Greece and Ukraine proudly display Nazi-style symbols.
The far-right resurgence is impossible to miss: 2014 will be remembered as the year extreme nationalists in Europe and Asia were able to make a credible bid for power for the first time since the end of World War II.

www.ipolitics.ca...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
" The USA will power the world economy in 2015......? "

And any mistakes could help "power down" the world economy.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Until the Federal reserve halts quantitative easing (yes, they still are dumping interest free money into member banks that distribute it to other banks for the purpose of investment) and raises interest rates, there will be many, many, many, more people becoming destitute. I see a bleak picture for the future US economy. After the raise in interest rates and the end of QE many will suffer from the lose of their investment nest egg. Although the fed could continue QE for another year or two, its bound to end.

Why should companies hire to boost profits when they can profit from their stocks.
edit on 29-12-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If they do man its going to be a long ways down the line, I see what they are building in China, no one can compete with that, no nation can even touch there level of industrial output. There now constructing a high speed rail network between Europe and China so it will take you from Madrid to just outside of Shanghai in 2 days lol. God know what they will be doing in 20,30, 40 years down the line when all the expansion actualy kicks in.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Fuel, food, 37 distinct, indigenous languages, the largest debtor nation in the world, internal debts based on a 15% annual growth rate....all dependent on exports which depend on the world economy which sucks....

Let me count the ways China could collapse...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Economic progress, unless coupled with improving conditions in politics and reasonable improvements in the living conditions of the Chinese people will result in counter revolution of some sort.....brutal repression will merely bring further determination I believe......

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm sure there's lots of money to be made selling riot gear, guns and ammo, tear gas, tanks, and stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The same can be said for any nation. Unpredictable things happen all the time. Sure you could count the ways in which China could collapse, but we can also count as many ways they wont collapse, infact it looks perfectly clear that China are going to keep on expanding until they are the most dominant nation on the planet.

They still have the richest central bank in the history of all banks dont they?, handy thing to have something like that.

unless coupled with improving conditions in politics and reasonable improvements in the living conditions of the Chinese people

Hmmm apart from there industrial hubs lack of pollution control, most of their cities look like something out of star trek. Comparable there are far more Chinese enjoying a better standard of living than there are in my country.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I saved $18 filling up my Charger yesterday. Thats one car in one American city.
Multiply that by millions daily and it adds up. May not be the answer but it sure
is going to slow the collapse.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Not perfectly clear whatsoever. LOL.

Rather than paying their enormous debt down, they 'diversify' into other countries as a hedge against their own collapse.

As there won't be any "super-power" in the event of financial collapse, the survivors will be those few nations with infrastructure, food and oil.

China has only one of the three. Very fast growth...very fast collapse....Maybe.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join