It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to get more out of ATS? Become a Writer, Fighter or Scholar!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: daaskapital

Ummm...It seems that in order to ask any questions about the forums you mentioned...you have to be a member of the forum.................

When did the rules change...?

I've posted in the writers forum before...now it says that I have to be a member...I thought I was a member...of ATS...why the members only rule now...?

YouSir

To post in writers forum have to have writer status .. you can pm tothetenthpower for details on getting writer status ..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

In order to post in the Writers Forum without writer status, you will need to participate in the Writing Contests and try to win your writer status. It's competitive and a LOT of fun.

CdT

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think what you guys mean to say is that you can't post in the "collaborative writing" forum without writer status. He should still be able to post in "short stories" unless something truly awful has happened...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Ummm...Thank you Expat......Tell Issa...whichever one he chooses...

YouSir
edit on 30-12-2014 by YouSir because: I wanna...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Ummm...Thank you Cirque...I will give the writing contests a try......Me loves challenges...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Ummm...Hello Cagliostro...it could have been the "short stories" forum that I posted in before...however when I attempted to ask some guidance questions in the writing forum today...the message was that I had to be a member of that forum...hence my questions to the OP...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I am willing to have a debate but it seems you have to have the "fighter" tag to even post in the debate forum. How are we supposed to advertise on the subject we want to debate and look for an opponent ? It is a bit ridiculous. If you guys here are serious about the debate forum, then let us at least post in it. It should be a place for people willing to debate, not just a place for members with the "fighter" tag to hang out.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

But wouldn't you still get your "Writer" status by competing in the Short Stories contests?

Cause if I could of just pm'd BFFT and have my writer status given to me, well then...

Part of why I want my writer status is so that the collaborative stories forum opens up for me to post in.

Not that I'm not enjoying the writing contests. They are one of my new loves here at ATS. I get a lot of pleasure from reading everyone's various submissions. I'm just curious if there was another way in getting writer status than the monthly short story contests.

CdT

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
As to the scholar status - I've yet to really look into what is required to get that status. One thing at a time!

CdT

Here you go.

- Scholar Status and You

- A guide to the Research Forum

- Research Forum Member's Thread

And there's also a 'ranking' system in place.

- Lead Scholar Rankings
edit on 1 1 15 by Rising Against because: Slight edit

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

That is my bad. My world took a turn for the worst about fourteen or fifteen months back and I could no longer access the Internet to keep the Debate forum going. It simply froze in time and fizzled when I lost Internet access.

One of my New Years projects is to try and ressurect the forum - though I am not sure I'd be involved with running it this time around. It is unbelievably time consuming. The hardest part was to get fighters to judge other debates. We all loved debating, but few of us were thrilled with judging - and my being staff meant I couldn't judge anyway.

I've been working out an alternative method of judging - one more like the BTS art contests - but this is all very much speculation for now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join