It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perception management! ARGH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What America faces now, as well as the rest of the 'developed' world is 'managed perception'. Perception management is now such a HUGE and lucrative business model that it's not going to go away, ever. The amount of money poured into image shaping and heart turning ads is quite sickening. In fact it's borderline absurd.

The entirety of the western world has been placed under a sort of spell that manages their thought outputs and their desires. It's usually the two primary desires, the one to feed yourself and the other to reproduce. Advertisers use this all the time, it's why we call things like cars 'sexy' and say things like 'I love my i-phone'. We all know this is a symptom of a deep, deep, deep conditioning coupled with a moral decline. We know it, all of us - at least on some level. With that in mind - we're being told that in 2016 the two candidates most likely to run are....

CLINTON AND BUSH --------

It doesn't, and shouldn't, surprise anyone that these names have once again come up. It's like that old news anchor we've come to 'trust' because he's been on the air so long. People voted for Obama on the premise of 'change' (a buzzword I now believe was deliberately chosen to be ingrained in the minds of his followers) and has successfully scared people away from 'change' and BACK into the hands of the old time elite. The people feel 'safe' when they hear the names they're used to, they feel a familial kind of bond with them, because we've been told we 'know them'. In actual fact we know nothing. NOTHING. Not one damn thing. NADA.....

Remember when Bush was asked "You were a memeber of skull and Bones, a secret society what does that mean for America"? His response was "It's SO secret we can't talk about it".... The rest was laughing nervously and retorting like a pre-teen. Well that's just it isn't it. It's so secret they can't talk about it. Yet we're to believe that this guy is just someone you could pop down the pub with and have a cold one? A guy who just like to sit out back and look at the stars? This guy was, at one time, simulating MURDER for FUN (which is what the skull and bones society does) and screaming like a man possessed. He was, not too long afterwards running the country so to speak. And yet we're being told "it's so secret we can't talk about it".....

Well folks let's talk about it. Not the conspiracy that is Skull and bones but what it MEANS for these people to ONCE AGAIN be hitting headlines and coming up as runners for 2016. Regardless of their private lives or the way they choose to spend their spare time - it's quite comical to see these old faces re-emerging as 'new' and 'highly sought after' contestants in the game show of managed perception politics. I mean talk about managed perception, they're now shaping our morality too. It's going straight down the pipes! The perception shapers have almost completely convinced people now that absolutes are dangerous and that materialism and liberalism are the way forward. Well I say this is ABSOLUTE HOOEY. Anyone with a brain can see what's coming.....

What's coming is Orwell.
What's coming is absolute control. A no way out system where a lack of a vote is a vote for prison. Defend the status quo or die.

Unless we can - as a society - SOMEHOW come together we're going to be dominated completely, on all sides. Scientifically, medically, artistically and most of all philosophically. We're being spear driven into the 'new-age' these politicians are speaking of, which royal family would you like this time? The 'new order', which is really the 'old order' with new gadgets to watch people and listen to them. An order which sees us as enemy combatants and see's your children as 'future investment capital'. An order which fakes news stories in Iraq to justify violence and couldn't keep it's tackle in it's pants even though it was married. Is this our future?

Your future ATS. Do you want Bush or Clinton stamping on the face of humanity forever? Is this your future Winston? I mean ATS?

Manage your OWN perception ATS, monitor it and cherish it! Nurture it and raise it like a precious thing. Or you'll end up surrounded with things that make you unhappy and politicians, like now, who perpetuate the sale of those things as their primary concern. Let's raise each others perception, as you people do so often and cheer me up! Let us NEVER give in to the mind numbing exercise of mass conformity.

Let's take back the minds of the people! One man at a time. Huzzah!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thank you for this!

I like the way you emphasize perception management!

It is a much better way to describe brainwashing. By better I mean way of discussing the reality that is created. The term brainwashing turns people off IMO, however perception management is much more palatable!

You are correct, we need to come together NOW!

It is my hope that the absurdity of another Clinton/Bush will result in a much needed surge of 3rd party interest. I am not naive enough to believe that it will stop the next cycle of either Clinton/Bush, however looking on to 2020, after another 4 years of these elite scum, perhaps then 3rd parties will be something the masses could get behind!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I sure wish I could rant like you. On the money Joneselius.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Sadly Grove, I think that well before that time the voters will be happy enough just voting for the winner of any of the next weeks reality contests.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I completely understand your perspective Terry!

However I maintain an optimistic naivety! I may not be able to prove anything, however I think that the change of consciousness that is occurring, is happening at a rate that the elite can neither predict nor prevent.

Every step they take to maintain their control is failing. The next election cycle may go through, but that will be with a small percentage of the population tuning in and buying it. Even in the past I think that the low voter turn out has not been due to apathy/lack of interest, I am more of the opinion that the low voter turnout is due to people seeing the game for what it is.

Those that vote in the elections are those that watch reality shows!

Real change is happening in the form of communities that are opting out in general, working toward sustainability! We only need one real victory and that is the utilization of HEMP/CANNABIS. This alone will effect great change upon the corporate structure as well as our relationship with our home, the great GAIA!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I completely understand your perspective Terry!

However I maintain an optimistic naivety! I may not be able to prove anything, however I think that the change of consciousness that is occurring, is happening at a rate that the elite can neither predict nor prevent.

Every step they take to maintain their control is failing. The next election cycle may go through, but that will be with a small percentage of the population tuning in and buying it. Even in the past I think that the low voter turn out has not been due to apathy/lack of interest, I am more of the opinion that the low voter turnout is due to people seeing the game for what it is.

Those that vote in the elections are those that watch reality shows!

Real change is happening in the form of communities that are opting out in general, working toward sustainability! We only need one real victory and that is the utilization of HEMP/CANNABIS. This alone will effect great change upon the corporate structure as well as our relationship with our home, the great GAIA!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
agreed op..it's everywhere - and we love it.

google tailors our searches. the dvr suggests shows. target, well, it targets us with promos based on our shopping patterns.

we even do it to each other with FB and instagram, posting only the highlights and best of the best pics and not the outtakes.

In the last 100 years marketing has permeated every aspect of our lives. Do we even know how to think for ourselves without it?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Grove

You say

"However I maintain an optimistic naivety! I may not be able to prove anything, however I think that the change of consciousness that is occurring, is happening at a rate that the elite can neither predict nor prevent.'
I do not think you are naive. I think you probably have tastes of this change of consciousness and upon this you base your optimistic stance. And for the elite, I also concur that what is happening is beyond their ability to predict or prevent.

However. Change of consciousness is the key to all of this. I understand this change not as a blanket "rising sea" that will engulf all of Gaia's children but rather, more of a expanding field of potential within which Her children have opportunity to grow. But as individuals, not so much as a whole species. Do you see my distinction here?

If I may offer a bit of my own speculation. And please know that these ideas of mine are only that, my own ideas which as they are only now popping up in my head, unfinished and probably very coarse in presentation.

As our Mother, Gaia births us and nests us as we grow in the fields of potentiality which is presented to us as She, interacts with the larger Whole of reality. I say "presented" not "provides". Mother provides, and has provided throughout history that which we need and have needed to exist and thrive and mature and arrive at the point we are today.

Now, I do not see that Mother's scope for us is to remain nested, that is to remain in body and spirit here within Her nest. I live and think in a way which presumes a "leaving of the nest" as Her and our eventual fulfillment.

Our Mother is not static. She waxes and wains, She fluctuates in Her ability to provide, and present. And Her children vary also, from place to place, from time to time and from epoch to epoch. But all Her children are not just Her children, but also the children of the Whole. What Mother provides allows us to continue as children, what She presents offers the oppertunity to move farther, that is if we want. This is the change in consciousness as I see it.

But not just change. The elite facilitate change as the OP points out. It is change with in the parameters they control, and in this I am in full agreement with the OP. The dreams our Mother nurtures within us are not the same dreams the elite seek to nurture. Mothers dreams are beyond the elite and I think to a large degree they are unable to even give these dreams a second thought, that is beyond mimicking those dreams and mutating them for their own control structures.

I think Mother has nurtured us and made preparation for those who undergo these changes in consciousness to be ready to leap from Her nest and go flying in spirit(and that is certainly a whole other conversation). I think She is ready to slumber as the bad seed children (metaphorically speaking) take complete control for a while and finally end up botching the ball completely. And maybe after a time, some of her "alumni" can return to build anew the garden.

new topics

top topics

join