It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A (new?) Tech-Term ... "Cyber-Caliphate"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You’ll see no mercy, infidels. We are already here, we are in your PCs, in each house, in each office. With Allah’s permission we begin with Albuquerque.”

That was the ominous message posted by someone purporting to be affiliated with the Islamic State who apparently hacked the app of New Mexico’s largest newspaper, the Albuquerque Journal, and threatened Albuquerque residents on Wednesday morning.

The posting was accompanied by the headline, “Christmas will never be merry any longer” and a dark photo of a figure wearing a black-and-white checkered head scarf. Text in the middle of the photo read “CyberCaliphate” and “I love you isis” [sic].

The post also stated, “While the us [sic] and its satellites are bombing the Islamic State, we broke into your home networks and personal devices and know everything about you.”

The hacker told Albuquerque residents, “You will look around more often, will call up your children more often, think of your security more often, but that won’t help you.”

The website shut down for several hours while the posting was removed.
ISIS hacks U.S. news site: 'We are already here'

-
ADDITIONALLY:

Google-News: "cyber caliphate" (sorted by date)

-
My OPINION: "Regarding ALL Industrial Plants"

My OPINION: WHY?

I'll start by saying that I have NO 1st-Hand Knowledge Here ... I can ONLY Speculate:

I can only SUSPECT that our U.S. Folks have worked with Software-n-Hardware-Vendors to incorporate (a multitude of?) "backdoors" into Information-Technology Products-n-Services ... ( especially since 9/11/2001? ).

We read about the Snowden-Leaks and others ... HOWEVER ... How many leaks have gone UN-Published and what did they really get?

I can IMAGINE that these "backdoors" have been around for so long that they are now ... Loose and Out-of-Control?

( i.e. nobody knows who or what anyone has ... (( includes governments, corporations and/or individuals)) )

-
OPINION: See Something? ... Say Something.

edit on 28-12-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am the Cyber-Caliphate.

All you have to do is proclaim it and that makes it so.

I hope they don't do cyber beheadings.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Man I was just about done checking for reds under my bed, now I have to check for islamofascist cyber jihadis in my internets?!?!

Oh well, I guess they now know as much about me as the NSA does after it became public knowledge the NSA were literally spying on every single person on the planet with a computer.

will call up your children more often

Lol wont someone think of the children?!?!

Sounds like propaganda bull# to me.
edit on 28-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I wouldn't be surprised if this were the NRA. Think about how much gun dealers stand to make if this happened to several news sites.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Most deffinatly mate, If I found a death cult islamofascist jihadi cyber warrior in my modem I would definitely get a gun and start shooting that modem to pieces YEEEEEEEEHAW. Gotta think of the children man.

edit on 28-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Americans threatened in their home towns.

Total war of annihilation on the horizon.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hmmm.. lets see .. first we have nk hacking sony .. now IS hacking a paper in the u.s ..
Why am I getting the feeling its more likely N(o) S(uch) A(gency) or C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) behind these cyber attacks ... after all uncle scam gotta keep the fear levels up ...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
All these hacks.

Maybe part of a psy-ops to get people in line with the coming TPP agreements.

Somebody wants full control of the "dangerous" internet.

" See Something? ... Say Something. "

Now the governments will "DO Something" !!!!!!!

edit on Dec-28-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well, of all the places those hackers could pick, they pick a community of faux-mountain dwellers from California who hang red chilies from their porches and live with the same mindset they did when in Cali.

I find the hacker's choice of a place to "terrorize" to be kind of laughable. Don't know who's behind this crazy stuff, but they won't get much media air time unless they up their game to a larger city. Just sayin'.....

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus
Also funny they hit the propaganda .. oops.. erm.. media outlets .. rather than targets that would be more profitable or do more damage ..

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
That's it, I'm wrapping my monitor in Bacon.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah IS mean business...

First threats to Arkansas... & now Albuquerque...

Those two places are the hub & heart of The American Empire & if they go down... It's over for the States...

Now, I will blow a raspberry!
Will you join me?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

All these "not" important places as targets....

Might be diversionary tactics.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

A cyber caliphate?

So, an organisation with a mentality that puts them somewhere between a bull shark and a stone age social group, wants to rule the internet by violence, fire, and the letting of blood? That sounds like bringing a candy floss to a gun fight if you ask me. You see, in threatening the security of the entire internet, they will attract the entire concentration of a vast number of hackers from all over the world, all of whom are better equipped for cyber warfare than any bunch of zealot ideologues will ever, or could ever be.

If they put their caliphate and their faith in butchery up against the entirety of cyberspace and ITS worshipers, then they will be roundly beaten, and probably technologically decapitated. It would serve the rotten buggers right as well!

top topics

join