It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: onequestion
Yay death!

Crucify anyone if they ever do anything wrong!

Destroy!

Oh, the american way!

pretty sad hey....celebrating the death of others .....the only thing i can see some of the earlier posters got right was the need to cull the human race....if this is how people really feel over a punk trying to steal shoes i feel that we are really doomed as a species....wake me up from this nightmare please

But what next? He does a Michael Brown, robs a 7-11 and then wanders down the street with his gun out forcing Police to take him down and then all this faux Black grief about persecution gets rolled out by folk like you.

Armed robber shot dead, result, good result, I have never robbed anyone or anything, I handed in a wallet I found, why should I be at risk from scum who take things they have no right to, things I work for someone can just take?

That's the kind of nightmare I want to wake up from.

Good riddance, scumbag.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Sorry we're living in a world where 15 yo punks MAY indeed shoot you death over a fricking pair of shoes.

No your living in a COUNTRY where a 16 yo kid MAY indeed shoot you over a pair of shoes.
I think its obvious from the fact he didnt shoot first his intention was to intimidate rather than kill.
If killing was his plan the guy wouldnt have had time to draw

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: roadgravel

Hey he was doing petty crime,

Assault with a fire arm is not a petty crime.

Correct, that's "armed robbery".

Wouldn't it be 'attempted' since he didn't get the shoes.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
No way this kid at 16 could have turned his life around.
Obviously the only outcome for his life was to go become a career criminal.

He shouldn't have done what he did but don't see how people can go on and on about how the shooter did society some great service to the rest of us for doing this.
edit on thFri, 26 Dec 2014 23:26:48 -0600America/Chicago1220144880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I think its obvious from the fact he didnt shoot first his intention was to intimidate rather than kill.

Quite a few dead people have bought into that theory.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

if this is how people really feel over a punk trying to steal shoes

It's super eerie that you guys keep forgetting to mention that the robbery was at gunpoint.

it is super eerie that you are celebrating the death of a punk who clearly made a mistake.......the robber was a child...when people think that theft is worthy of death i give up....so you think because it was at gunpoint makes it a big deal...well i have an idea for you ...reduce guns on the street and maybe there will not be such an issue....you live in a society where everyone has a gun these things happen.....

for me personally i could kill someone with my bare hands i dont need a gun to do that...so if i threatened to break someones neck unless they gave me their shoes...what is the difference....think about this...the shoes are a stupid possession....since when are possessions worth more than life ? this is what i find disturbing...money is evil and makes people go nuts

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Sorry we're living in a world where 15 yo punks MAY indeed shoot you death over a fricking pair of shoes.

No your living in a COUNTRY where a 16 yo kid MAY indeed shoot you over a pair of shoes.
I think its obvious from the fact he didn't shoot first his intention was to intimidate rather than kill.
If killing was his plan the guy wouldn't have had time to draw

In the eyes of the law it does not matter. This was an attempted ARMED ROBBERY, the assumption is that he intends to KILL you with a gun he is POINTING at you...so, he escalated the situation into a deadly area.....he, himself, nobody else made that decision. Unfortunately for him, it was his last mistake. I guess if someone had stopped him and intervened in his prior behavior, instead of justifying it (like you seem to be), then he may have been stopped before reaching this last time.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheCrowMan

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: onequestion
Yay death!

Crucify anyone if they ever do anything wrong!

Destroy!

Oh, the american way!

pretty sad hey....celebrating the death of others .....the only thing i can see some of the earlier posters got right was the need to cull the human race....if this is how people really feel over a punk trying to steal shoes i feel that we are really doomed as a species....wake me up from this nightmare please

But what next? He does a Michael Brown, robs a 7-11 and then wanders down the street with his gun out forcing Police to take him down and then all this faux Black grief about persecution gets rolled out by folk like you.

Armed robber shot dead, result, good result, I have never robbed anyone or anything, I handed in a wallet I found, why should I be at risk from scum who take things they have no right to, things I work for someone can just take?

That's the kind of nightmare I want to wake up from.

Good riddance, scumbag.

well clearly you will never get it....just keep celebrating death if that is what helps you sleep at night

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

If killing was his plan the guy wouldnt have had time to draw

Only a fool waits for the first shot to be fired. A pointed weapon is a direct threat to life.

That's why it works when criminals do it.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hey he was doing petty crime,

Assault with a fire arm is not a petty crime.

Correct, that's "armed robbery".

Wouldn't it be 'attempted' since he didn't get the shoes.

I was speaking in the general sense. Using a weapon whether it be a gun, a knife, a baseball bat, et cetra is "armed robbery". Having no weapon and using brute force is called a "strong arm robbery".

And yes, this was an attempted armed robbery.

edit on 26-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Keep defending the criminals. Let me guess, Liberal/Democrat?

i dont take sides that are already rigged.....i am pro life and do not adhere to political views

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

just keep celebrating death if that is what helps you sleep at night

That's a straw man. People are celebrating the death of a violent felon who was trying to rob someone at gunpoint.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
No way this kid at 16 could have turned his life around.
Obviously the only outcome for his life was to go become a career criminal.

He shouldn't have done what he did but don't see how people can go on and on about how the shooter did society some great service to the rest of us for doing this.

What he COULD have done with his life is meaningless, what he DID DO with it is what matters.

Maybe he'd never rob again and be a model citizen. Or maybe next time he would actually kill someone. Put the person you love most in his path, are you glad you won't have to find out what choice he made? I know I would be.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

In the eyes of the law it does not matter

Funny how you pro gun types like to quote and pay attention to the law when you get to use your guns, you all hold it up like its (for want of a better term) gospel. Yet if the same people who made those laws decided to take away or even slightly infringe on your possesion of guns you would cry foul and go on about how they were all against you and planning on killing you all

I guess if someone had stopped him and intervened in his prior behavior, instead of justifying it (like you seem to be)

Im not justifying anything, Im expressing my shock and disgust that most posters on this thread seem to think shooting a kid (whether armed or not) over a pair of shoes is justified

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

just keep celebrating death if that is what helps you sleep at night

That's a straw man. People are celebrating the death of a violent felon who was trying to rob someone at gunpoint.

people make mistakes and do not necessarily deserve to die for them.....16 year old think about this ...he felt he needed the shoes ...this is a societal problem...to much tv,lack of parenting ...whatever.....there is no point in attacking the symptom you need to go after the source

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You are right, what he could do is meaningless so let's stop speculating about it.

And I'll just ignore the massive appeal to emotion

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Yet if the same people who made those laws decided to take away or even slightly infringe on your possesion of guns you would cry foul and go on about how they were all against you and planning on killing you all

No, if they can get the super-majority votes, the signature of the POTUS and the 3/4 states to ratify it then there is nothing that can be done. That's how the founders set up the amendment process.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Funny how you pro gun types like to quote and pay attention to the law when you get to use your guns, you all hold it up like its (for want of a better term) gospel. Yet if the same people who made those laws decided to take away or even slightly infringe on your possesion of guns you would cry foul and go on about how they were all against you and planning on killing you all

That's like saying it's funny how you claim free speech, but you would be pissed off and cry foul if it was taken away.

AS WELL YOU SHOULD! Constitutional rights can NOT be taken away.

Im not justifying anything, Im expressing my shock and disgust that most posters on this thread seem to think shooting a kid (whether armed or not) over a pair of shoes is justified

Why do the shoes matter. It's not over a pair of shoes. It's over armed robbery.

Why are you minimizing the offense and justifying what he did and treating the criminal like a victim. It's disgusting.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

people make mistakes and do not necessarily deserve to die for them....

In most cases that is correct, but if they are directly threatening the life of someone else at that point in time they should be killed before an innocent person dies. You live by the sword and you will die by the sword. It's basic self-defense under "right to life". And it's the most primitive instinct any creature has, self-preservation.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

In the eyes of the law it does not matter

I guess if someone had stopped him and intervened in his prior behavior, instead of justifying it (like you seem to be)

More straw man arguments? That are totally irrelevant to the topic. However, any attempt to infringe IS against the law...the ultimate law of the US. That is why we who hold the Constitution in high regard stand up and speak when there are attempts to legislate over it, regardless of the amendment. If the goal is to change the law, then do that in the manner set forth by the founding fathers and going through the motions to repeal the 2nd Amendment. Anything short of that is infringement and against that law.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join