It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

via THE ONION: "Adderall Receives Honorary Degree From Harvard"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I found this rather diverting.

Article: Adderall Receives Honorary Degree From Harvard

But the presentation of the honorary degree to Adderall was the most poignant moment of the commencement ceremony, moving all in attendance to the brink of tears, then laughter, then general disorientation, then laughter again, and then more tears.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Funny but sad really. This medicine can really help people that need it, but it is impossible to get prescribed because of its abuse by people.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Yup. I am one of those who benefits greatly from it. Maybe my doctors are good/we have a good rapport--but I didn't have an issue getting prescribed. I don't mind recreational use because I don't like to judge & I can understand why people would want it especially in college. I'd never sell mine so i guess people can do what they want so long as it doesn't affect me

Even though I benefit from adderall & it is therapeutic for me, I've taken higher doses (either on purpose or mistakenly) and they affect me like a stimulant. Sometimes it's permissible imo

It's just important to understand the substance fully instead of biting off more than you can chew
It has psychoactive properties that are kept hush-hush for the most part (read Hallucinations by Dr. Oliver Sacks if interested) but are imo the most important qualities of the substance. But people do stupid things when they trip bad, hence the bad name that adderall has.

Unless your heart is bad/you have anger issues/other issues/are in bad heath then it can be a really helpful medication. Tho long term use is iffy.
edit on 26-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

new topics

join