It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS downs Jordanian F-16, captures pilot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

Hi Justwanttofly,
yeah that area has been kept under war zone for so long that it became a free-for-all with regards to anything involving the making of a war. I can't believe, though that someone drops a missile or a heavy weapon in the middle of ISIS by accident, nor that these guys finds it parked on the side of the road.
Weapons are expensive and for what I know, serialized thus traceable (even though sometimes "closing both eyes" on whom actually possess them is part of the game)...so, nothing accidental and nothing really "vanishes" in my opinion.
Best

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You honestly believe that the US can quiet every single country out there that would be happy to scream about them destroying Syria? Just wow.

Theres only one narrative in the western main 'scream' media about it. I don't believe them either.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamWAS

You are right that nobody just "drops a missile or heavy weapon in the middle of ISIS by accident" but there are multiple layers to how weapons go missing. Yes, they are serialized and can be traced, however that proves to be very difficult after a period of time in most of these third world countries.

Case in point is Afghanistan and their stinger missiles. The CIA gave and trained the Mujahideen on stinger missiles to fight the Russians. After the war the CIA tried to track down and buy up all the missiles left, but they were unsuccessful and there were instances post-9/11 of our own stinger missiles being used against our own aircraft in Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So where is RT, and the Chinese media, and Al Jazeera, and all the non-US media? Or are you suggesting that the US is blocking access to their stories too, so that no one can see that they're destroying Syria.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

So where is RT, and the Chinese media, and Al Jazeera, and all the non-US media?

Stuff "squeaks" through. And these other countries that you named, (not yet in the fold) have their own media within their own countries. That "programming" is directed at their populace, not ours. I'd listen but I don't speak the language. If its english programs for the west however, they are survey censored.

Mostly I read between the two "sides". Just like I took note of which countries you "named" just now.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

And you think that there aren't people on here that speak the language that would be screaming to the heavens if there were news reports stating that the US was destroying Syrian infrastructure and targeting what would have to be destroyed to take the country out? Or anywhere for that matter?

I have to say, I never thought that the US was all powerful until now, thanks for showing me how wrong I was! [/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwanttofly
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Off topic alert:

We gave weapons to Saddam to help him invade Kuwait? Can you provide any sources for this? I know we were buddy buddy with him back when he was going at it with Iran in the 80s, but I've never heard of us giving him weapons for the Kuwaiti invasion.

I worked for the company that did the deal on behalf of the US State Department (I quit not long afterwards, I have no problem ending terr's, I do have a problem with this kind of dirty subversive weapons business). ADS, Magnus Malan, Pik Botha were at Oliphants Game Farm along with Perkins to ink the deal, G5 cannons were added to the shipment by Malan (which was outside of the US deal). The shipment was managed by the French through ADS, repackaged in France then sent down the coast to Capetown, shipped by secured rail to Johannesburg, G5 cannons added and then shipped to Durban for transport by ship to Iran. Perkins and his wife were flown in our plane to the meeting (according to our pilot-who was MI, I worked for CI), she lost her gold plated lipstick case between the seats (which I found later on a subsequent flight). The waybills were in the third floor office of our "fixer" and they were about 6 inches thick (which I examined personally as did one of my employees).

You can check on this kind of "behavior" with John Stockwell, he ran the "business" for the US in Angola to the benefit of UNITA (and the SADF a bit) for logistics and recon. Stockwell is at least reasonably public on his own activities for the CIA.

Need something more like an affidavit? It has been offered before to the right people, but this is a touchy subject and the perps really don't want this brought out in court. I do keep all this info around (multiple locations/multiple copies) just in case I get called into The Hague as a witness or with a "dead man's switch," it's all good ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/25.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Shamrock6,

....including a missile? I agree with you on the ordinary assault weapons, but here a plane was shut down

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Just about anything. There are a few dozen MANPADS at least that were sent to various groups that went missing. Not to mention the military stockpiles that were captured, or just plane corruption. Even in the US over the years members of the military have tried to sell Stinger missiles that were "lost" or "destroyed" during shipping.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Boeing777,

100% agree with you, Israel (--> USA) is one of the countries I am thinking of. I would add Russia/China and I would throw in France as well, for its interests in that area seem to be bigger than those of the British

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Zaphod58,

Yes, those two countries would be the perfect names to point fingers at, wouldn't they?
I think you are right, but I have doubts that them alone could sustain ISIS and their internal conflicts (though at different levels) at the same time. There must be other countries with more economical power in the game.
In my previous list I didn't consider Saudi Arabia or the U.A.E. because I think it's in their best interest to keep away from any direct action into that area, but if you guys have more info about those countries, please share.
Best

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Just about anything. There are a few dozen MANPADS at least that were sent to various groups that went missing. Not to mention the military stockpiles that were captured, or just plane corruption. Even in the US over the years members of the military have tried to sell Stinger missiles that were "lost" or "destroyed" during shipping.

Well its like this. We're on page 4 here and you are still on about the possible missile attack when the post on bottom of page one showed the video in the link you brought was not from the shoot down but copied from an earlier video.

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

Video posted in the news article of the shootdown is NOT from this event. The full version of it was posted on YouTube in July of 2013....

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Neither of them supplied them, they lost equipment to them. Both of them lost a number of bases to them, including helicopters and aircraft, along with MANPADS, tracked AAA guns, wheeled AAA guns, etc. There's a lot of equipment out there that was captured. As well as having people willing to back them financially.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I have no idea what you're asking me about.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So what? There were videos after MH17 was shot down that were from different events too. That doesn't prove anything, except someone used the wrong video.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

That doesn't prove anything…

Gee, thats what I been saying all through this thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The video wasn't the report that it was shot down, now was it? Apparently according to you there's no proof that MH17 was shot down either, since the wrong video was used in those reports too.

Wow, that's some standard you have. Wrong video used in a story, event never happened.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Apparently according to you there's no proof that MH17 was shot down either, since the wrong video was used in those reports too.

We've danced around MH17, too. You know where I stand on that.

Wrong video in your link by accident or intentionally is a different matter. POV subjectivity.

Thanks for answering my question, if IS is so threatening, how come theres until now no US jets shot down over Syria or Iraq?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Let's not forget all the other Arab and Western nations that are there too. They haven't had any shot down either. It must be nice to consider that proof that the US is lying and all powerful.

Pilots flying in combat, that have been through Red Flag, have landed and said "That was easy compared to Red Flag."

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ok, so the thread is where? A Jordanian F-16 has come down in IS held territory, the pilot has been captured by IS terrorists who removed his pants, the weirdo's.

From this, INTRPTR is insinuating that America is bombing Syria and this F16 was shot down by Syria as proof of this?

Russia has stated that no one will attack Syria and yet despite all the issues in Ukraine and MH17 they don't use this wonderful opportunity to divert some negative attention like they always do, including making stuff up, when they don't need to make it up, they don't do it?

Syria meanwhile is in a world of hurt in an un seemingly winning civil war, with IS terrorists on one side and anti Bashad Syrians on another, perhaps his only chance is to allow the coalition to bomb IS back to the Stone Age until they are so weak his own army can take them on the groung, Russia with its new friends in Turkey broker some peace deal where Bashad wins and so do anti bashed folk who are so sick of war they remember how good they had it and how bad being a full on Muslim extreme Arab is, yes, some of them will have witnessed shariah law under IS.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join