It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW: Men Going Their Own Way

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Not long ago, I saw a post here on the Brietbart article "Sexodus". The article described how men are opting out of marriage in droves and the article attempted to explain why.

Before I get into the nuts and bolts, read and focus on this next part; divorce rates are NOT at an all time high. They have hovered around 50% since the 1950s. That said, less people are marrying, just under 20% of pregnancies end in abortion, and children born out of wedlock is nearly 50%.

So what of this MGTOW bit?

MGTOW (Men going their own way) , isn't a men's rights movement. It's nothing more than men deciding that relationships (particularly marriage), into today's age, is not a logical choice.

Why? A man getting married has about a 30% chance that his spouse will divorce him. Around 85% of women will receive primary custody of their children. Over 75% of men (of divorces with children) will have to pay child support. A staggering 68% of all divorces are initiated by the female (in heterosexual relationships). Women are right on par (statistically) to cheat against their spouse. Huffington post reported that only 3% of men recieve alimony.

These are the reasons men are opting out of marriage. It's just too damn risky; and too many women are looking over the fence for greener grass. Men are waking up and no longer want to be "white knights". Instead, they are locking down into survival mode because their efforts are no longer appreciated and much less respected.

Ghost

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It is all about equality. If the system/rules is against you because of your gender then why play the game by the rules that lobbyist have created.

Is it time yet to create a real equal group (for both sexes) that fight for equality for all souls regardless of gender, or are we going to continue the patriarchy vs matriarchy(feminism), where the ones who control the patriarchy side and the matriarchy get benefits by selling out the rest of the population by controlling their minions.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
Not long ago, I saw a post here on the Brietbart article "Sexodus". The article described how men are opting out of marriage in droves and the article attempted to explain why.

Before I get into the nuts and bolts, read and focus on this next part; divorce rates are NOT at an all time high. They have hovered around 50% since the 1950s. That said, less people are marrying, just under 20% of pregnancies end in abortion, and children born out of wedlock is nearly 50%.

MGTOW (Men going their own way) , isn't a men's rights movement. It's nothing more than men deciding that relationships (particularly marriage), into today's age, is not a logical choice.

Why? A man getting married has about a 30% chance that his spouse will divorce him. Around 85% of women will receive primary custody of their children. Over 75% of men (of divorces with children) will have to pay child support. A staggering 68% of all divorces are initiated by the female (in heterosexual relationships). Women are right on par (statistically) to cheat against their spouse. Huffington post reported that only 3% of men recieve alimony.

These are the reasons men are opting out of marriage. It's just too damn risky; and too many women are looking over the fence for greener grass. Men are waking up and no longer want to be "white knights". Instead, they are locking down into survival mode because their efforts are no longer appreciated and much less respected.

Ghost

Population in general is on a decline in many parts of the world. Children are expensive these days and so couples are having 0 to 2, and many like you suggest, are not even going down that path. If we go back 30 years they were estimating that in 2050 the world would be a 20 billion. I personally feel we have come close to a max and we will never see 10 billion just because many places are actually on the decline. Europe, Japan, China, Russia are all in decline and are basically in trouble as the old out number the young in the next decade.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Personaly ive noticed more and more women especialy younger generations NOT THAT I PREY ON YOUNG NAIVE WOMEN LOL are becoming brainwashed in far greater numbers than before. And its not just material stuff like cars, jewelery etc its also this celebrity driven bull# ive noticed invading their minds at a younger age. They honestly just seem totaly delusional, its like they are actualy trying to live the lives of their idols they see on TV and in magazines, kinda scary to be honest and I just cant be F***d with any of that nonsense.

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

A man getting married has about a 30% chance that his spouse will divorce him. Around 85% of women will receive primary custody of their children.

This exactly what happened to me. My ex essentially "traded up". I haven't seen my kids in three years and haven't talked to them in over six months. I will never marry again. You know, fool me won't get fooled again.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Love is a dangerous game these days

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I can understand where you are coming from, but ultimately trends and statistics aren't relevant to an individual situation. We marry a WOMAN (singular) not women and we only need to find one good one. In my opinion, having a loving long-term relationship is worth the risk.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
just throwing this out there...you guys know this is more an american problem?
maybe in america you need to stop being less agressive and learn to communicate more.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

A man getting married has about a 30% chance that his spouse will divorce him. Around 85% of women will receive primary custody of their children.

This exactly what happened to me. My ex essentially "traded up". I haven't seen my kids in three years and haven't talked to them in over six months. I will never marry again. You know, fool me won't get fooled again.

This here ^^ is why MGTOW is growing so fast. Far too many men are in the midst of this dilemma, or witnessed it as a child.

I am part of the midst. I was only fortunate that I had an established business which allowed me time with my children and the ability to finacially support them.

But, tooth and nail I had to fight to be part of their lives. Through this, I've met far too many men that are constantly being forced to choose between supporting their children finacially, or risk defaulting on child support because they want to be a stable father.

Ghost

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Men have simply wised up to the con job.........
Its foolish to expect any partner to remain so for life these days....

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
just throwing this out there...you guys know this is more an american problem?
maybe in america you need to stop being less agressive and learn to communicate more.

More like people in this country need to grow the hell up. A cultural lack of maturity is perhaps reason number 1 marriages and other relationships in this country fail. Lack of realistic expectations is a close second, and I'd say third is a delusional mindset.

Reading threads like this is a pretty healthy reminder of why I'm absolutely I am not married, nor have kids, and am content to remain this way. This is not only the mindset I have to work with when it comes to interpersonal relationships, but this would also be the continued mindset culturally, meaning this is what my potential kids would have to deal with in their lives. Meh. I'll pass. Those who wish to navigate the minefield, be my guests.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I agree. I live in europe, and while relationships are not all and always ideal, i have never had to put up with that extreme feminist ideology, or with men doing a vote of celibacy or any such thing.
Women and men both know their places, their strengths and weaknesses and we work within that mindset.
Men going their own way are men that should not be in a relationship to begin with, they cry fowl just because they don't understand their partners or what it is like to be in an adult relationship.
Too much product worship and thinking sitcoms are how real life should look.
One of the brilliant things about the average woman is that if you just give her a 5, she will give back anything between 7 and 8.
Women don't have god knows what expectations of men. So if a man can't keep a stable healthy relationship, aside from some "obvious" examples, he is to blame.
Making a woman happy and getting her to stay is easy, if you are not a self centered immature and unreliable pr!ck

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hate to tell you but women are like that worldwide these days .. never again on damn marriage ..

funny without a wife around
1. my house is far cleaner
2. I cook better
3. I have money
4. no constant nagging..
5. no getting lied to.. cheated on.. treated like dirt .. no getting a call in middle of night to i.d cheating wifes body in morgue ..

Far more benefits to NOT having a damn wife ..
edit on 24/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I concur with your assessment.
I have experienced all five of your examples.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Personaly ive noticed more and more women especialy younger generations NOT THAT I PREY ON YOUNG NAIVE WOMEN LOL are becoming brainwashed in far greater numbers than before. And its not just material stuff like cars, jewelery etc its also this celebrity driven bull# ive noticed invading their minds at a younger age. They honestly just seem totaly delusional, its like they are actualy trying to live the lives of their idols they see on TV and in magazines, kinda scary to be honest and I just cant be F***d with any of that nonsense.

I have teen boys and they are just as delusional, (despite my efforts to keep it real at home) and I'd say its also driven by popular culture for young men to want to be players and slough off responsibility. Thus, ensuring MGTOW. Neither side is right.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I agree. I live in europe, and while relationships are not all and always ideal, i have never had to put up with that extreme feminist ideology, or with men doing a vote of celibacy or any such thing.
Women and men both know their places, their strengths and weaknesses and we work within that mindset.
Men going their own way are men that should not be in a relationship to begin with, they cry fowl just because they don't understand their partners or what it is like to be in an adult relationship.
Too much product worship and thinking sitcoms are how real life should look.
One of the brilliant things about the average woman is that if you just give her a 5, she will give back anything between 7 and 8.
Women don't have god knows what expectations of men. So if a man can't keep a stable healthy relationship, aside from some "obvious" examples, he is to blame.
Making a woman happy and getting her to stay is easy, if you are not a self centered immature and unreliable pr!ck

This rings true and despite everyone feeling marriage is the problem, any sexual relationship carries with it a need for respect and harmony otherwise it will disintegrate. Once that respect and harmony exists it doesn't matter wether it is marriage or not. Sure there are extreme people, men and women, but the average person isn't looking for a lot out of the other except respect and honesty.

I was married to my kids biological dad who was a compulsive liar and abusive drinker. Been with my boyfriend for twelve years now without a single fight, argument or otherwise. All I wanted was a peaceful, safe place to raise the kids (with my own earnings-no sugar daddy or child support). Provide that and most women will be angels.
edit on 24-12-2014 by igloo because: added thought

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

Their Own Way!? !? !? !?

Men have a Way now?

Yeah, NO.

What men used to have was a sense of responsibility to all life on this planet, but that was labeled as Patriarchy and smashed to pieces.

Now we have a bunch of isolated individuals, and somehow that ... the opposite of "having a way" is being called "their own way."

Does anyone really buy any of this crap. Men are not going, they are withdrawn. And I, for one, blame women.

Back stabbing, money grubbing, mouth running women. Men are going their own way... HA! You wish. Women have exposed themselves. And men see that women cannot be trusted. There is no coming back from that. We let you into the club house, and you betray us.

Women will not have equal status in the eyes of men again.

Men are not going their own way, they are downgrading women collectively in the subconscious and the race memory. Women can tell something has changed, but their inability to take responsibility for their pattern of serial abuse and exploitation makes them incapable of realizing that the change is one of their own making. You do realize that men trust their dogs more than they trust women now.

I don't know what to tell you ladies. It's too late to start loving men. You should love your pet instead. Your circle of friends. Something. Anything.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 24-12-2014 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I wonder if women are even capable of love and loving anymore.

I mean what is the female dominated education system in this
country making topical in schools these days, because it
sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with knowledge.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Feminism is destroying our boys. And, as the castigation* of men in general progresses women find themselves more frustrated with individual men. Even now a general hatred of men is growing.

Sparagmos is the inevitable conclusion to these trends.

Mike Grouchy

*Castigation:
    1. to criticize or reprimand severely.
    2. to punish in order to correct.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Maybe bad luck, or maybe you were bad at picking them

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join