It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News vs Dish Network

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Fox News has pulled out (or been blocked, depending on pov) by Dish Network.

www.techtimes.com...

***"It's like we're about to close on a house and the realtor is trying to make us buy a new car as well," says Dish senior vice president of programming Warren Schlichting. "Fox blacked out two of its news channels, using them as leverage to triple rates on sports and entertainment channels that are not in this contract."
Dish also says Fox pulled out the two channels even after the satellite pay TV offered a short-term agreement to keep the two channels even as the two companies work out a long-term solution.
However, Fox fired back with the accusations, saying Dish is using its subscribers as its "pawns" to "intimidate and sway our negotiations." Fox News Channel executive vice president Tim Carry says the distribution fees demanded by the broadcasting company are "customary" in a Fox distribution negotiation and it has similar agreements with other TV providers.***

I lost HLN for a month and barely noticed, but I watch a lot of Fox. Apparently Fox subscribers are responding (or maybe Fox spin).

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Who's going to tell me what to think now???

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

I watch a lot of Fox.

I wish you would have led with that. Would have saved me some time.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here too: Link

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
SSDD, they all do it. I have lost a couple networks I watch with Time Warner Cable in the past couple years due to 'negotiations'. But they always end up getting them back eventually.

If you really want the MSM propaganda, no matter what version of the propaganda you prefer, it is out there.

My advice is just say no to all of it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

CNN
MSNBC
NBC
ABC
TWC
YOUR LOCAL NEWS

Take your pick...

edit on 12/23/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Nah, I like to feel confused and angry. I'll stick with FOXNews.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Nah, I like to feel confused and angry. I'll stick with FOXNews.

I found another pissed off Fox viewer...

It's a Festivus Miracle.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Isn't Festivus part of the war on christmas?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Festivus is a revolt against the Commercialization of Christmas.

It begun over a fight for the last doll on a shelf.

Since then....It's Festivus for the Rest of Us.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Already an ATS thread on this. Dish has dropped/reinstated numerous other media outlets, including AMC, CNN, all Turner networks, etc. It's just a contract negotiation tactic.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Festivus is a revolt against the Commercialization of Christmas.

It begun over a fight for the last doll on a shelf.

Since then....It's Festivus for the Rest of Us.

One of my favorite episodes.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

I understand. Since they are the only one with issues and all....

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Just go buy a Roku I believe Fox is free on there.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Already an ATS thread on this. Dish has dropped/reinstated numerous other media outlets, including AMC, CNN, all Turner networks, etc. It's just a contract negotiation tactic.

oops, sorry, didn't see it. I went under 'media', that's under 'current events'.
I'm guessing they'll shout and point and ultimately figure out a compromise. I lost HLN for a month and didn't really notice.
I'll probly pull out after New Years and get satellite internet. (no cable where I am)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

ahh yes, "war" on christmas...another made up drama brought to you by conservatives and FOX news....perfect example of "confused and angry"

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

lots of people dont want to 'pay extra' for cable news

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is been going on for quite some time, specially since ESPN and the Football association has taken upon themselves to monitor all the sports that they can air for a fee in their sport pass tickets, those that controls the sports as every sport is now an "association" controls the nation and the media and all wants to make profits.

Now regular news channels are joining the bang wagon to offer what later will become your news pass tickets for more profit making.

I changed from Dish network to Direct TV to find out t it was a few disputes early in the year with some local channels and the weather channel, that now has become nothing but full of advertising and useless shows beside the weather news.

Every body wants a piece of the channel profiting business this days that is why when you join a media supplier you are inundated with their different plans and "packages".

No wonder the government joined with the media channel sellers to force people into getting receivers in order to watch tv even if is nothing but crappy.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

ahh yes, "war" on christmas...another made up drama brought to you by conservatives and FOX news....perfect example of "confused and angry"

Even at Christmas you can't resist casting aspersions on People you are incapable of understanding.

Jimmy....You my friend are the one who is extremely confused and selectively angry.

I hope the Season somehow touches your heart...Let the hate go...Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: jimmyx

Even at Christmas you can't resist casting aspersions on People you are incapable of understanding.

Jimmy....You my friend are the one who is extremely confused and selectively angry.

I hope the Season somehow touches your heart...Let the hate go...Merry Christmas

and merry Christmas to you, whyamihere.....there never was a war on Christmas, it was made up. and of course it came from liberals, because that what FOX NEWS told you. because some people started saying "happy holidays" somehow that turned into a war on Christmas....I cast aspersions on people that falsely accuse others of something horrible....example: EBOLA CAUSED BY OBAMA LETTING FLIGHTS COME IN FROM AFRICA!!!......HILARY CAUSED BENGHAZI!!!....IRS TOOK ORDERS FROM OBAMA!!!....OBAMA AND THE CIA FORMED ISIS!!!.....all you have to do is go back thru the thread topics here on ATS....talk about being selectively angry, it's in hundreds of OP's written by conservatives. but, that's off topic, and it's just a matter of "who gets how much" money for the continuation of FOX on satellite.
edit on 24-12-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join