It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The joys of all of this....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The world around me seething,
so ample and rejoiced
the silence of the homeless,
never to have been voiced...

the pain of watching richness,
walk on by unannounced
and if they ever did care, well, police,
they would have bounced

we look down on forgotten things,
we never give a care
we overlook the fallen ones
as if they are not there

but they are simple victims,
of such an evil strife..
not a single one of us
.... would choose this life.

Think of the homeless this god festivity. think of people who don't have left over meats and unwrapped presents.

think of that one person who is cold, afraid and hungry...

and help them where you can...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Amen. Thank God for places like the Salvation Army and rescue missions and places that feed, clothe, and shelter the homeless. Homelessness is not a choice, sometimes people's choices put them into that position though. Live and learn. And yes let's help wherever we can!

Great poem.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Good poem, and a great sentiment for this festive period!

Homelessness is not the automatic indicator of poor character that some like to demonise it as. People of all sorts of different psychological statuses and behavioural types, end up in situations beyond their control, circumstances which are outside their ability to effect in a positive manner. I have been there, and I did not get there by way of laziness, or by way of addiction or unwise behaviour.

Homeless people are just that, people. They have needs, wants, dreams and potential. What they lack is opportunity. Good on you for sending this thought out into the netiverse sn0rch!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Great poem and so very true!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
With all of the people needing help these days, and all the work that needs to be done these days with infrastructure and our national, state, and local parks, I'm very surprised that the people haven't demanded that the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) be reinstated.

It clothed the poor, it fed them, put a roof over their heads(even if it was a tent), and it taught them a new skill and occupation while they did work to make things better for everyone. It was a win-win all around. There's a ton of work that needs to be done right here in the US with our crumbling infrastructure. There are a ton of people who need help getting on their feet. To me, the solution is simple...

Civilian Conservation Corps

We just need to update it to include everyone, and it's a go.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Beautiful poem, and painful at the same time. It should be painful. We shouldn't diminish our own happiness, but attempt to spread it around more. Happiness is like peanut butter -- it can be spread thin and still make a difference.

I was once homeless. I would like to believe that your poem would still resonate with me if that hadn't been so. Homeless people aren't objects to be ignored, and possibly more than anywhere else, a tiny kindness makes a huge difference.

Somebody..... actually a few somebodies...... gave me a hand up. I had to work hard. That is the way it should be. We have to be engaged in our own salvation.

Good on you. Thank you for your kind creativity.

new topics

top topics

join