It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the colonisation of other bodies so important all of a sudden?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Because the Mayans observed multiple calendars. One of them being 360 days back-to-back. That leaves a 1,365 day intercalary period of the omitted 5.25 day at the end of the 13 Katuns. Its all in the link I provided. If you stop and intercalate the Mayan calendar every 144,000 days instead of measuring 360 day (back-to-back years) on in a 365.25 day solar cycle, the Mayan calendar lines up with Lamech's birth in the bible. There are too many co-incidental occurences ignore between the intercalated Mayan calendar and the Paleo-Hebrew calendar.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As foolish as that sounds the thought had crossed my mind.

I wondered if they put together a huge international think tank and realised that religious wars would never end and we needed to go our seperate ways, Christians on mars Muslims on the moon, Hindus on venus and the athiests and whacos on giant ships heading of into the unknown in the search for peace!

a reply to: cloaked4u

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
If they observed multiple calendars, how did you arrive at a very specific date? It was matched up to the calendar we use now...they are not and were not one in the same.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Because we've only got around a billion years before the Sun gets too hot for us and we lose the Moon...either, by itself, would mean the end of life on Earth.

A billion years is not that huge of a chunk of time, given that life evolved around 4.5 billion years ago; we are in the twilight years.

Mars is the most likely contender if we wish to continue to survive, and right now is a good time to investigate.

Unless we can find a way to make Mars habitable, we've blown it.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

By connecting the dots between the Paleo-Hebrew solar calendar and the Mayan calendar. Pope Gregory designed his calendar around three ancient calendars: the Babylonian lunar, the Paleo-Hebrew solar, and the Mayan Tzolkin. Its all in the link I provided. Your asking for an explanation that will take pages to give.

I will tell you this. Had Noah's flood never occured, the Mayan calendar would have ended on 10/22/1948. The last 13 Katuns (counting 360 days per year) ended on 12/21/2012, and intercalation of the last 13 Katuns terminates on 9/16/2016, which happens to be the Paleo-Hebrew Feast of Trumpets.

All the media told us was that the 5,200 years of the Mayan calendar was really 5,125 solar years that ended on 12/21/12. They didnt tell us how they arrived at that date, and they didnt justify why they shortened the count from 5,200 years to 5,125, rather that expanding the calendar with intercalation periods.

It just so happens that the Hebrews in Moses day were counting down 5,250 years, and 5,250 years from Lamech's birth ends 1,365 days after 12/21/12. Being a biblical number (num 3:50), 1,365 is also 5.25 days x 13 cycles of 20 years. Since the Katuns were counted in 360 day years, 1,365 would be the number of days necessary for intercalation.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Why would it be the end of all live on Earth if we loose the moon?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Back in the mid 80's in Time or Newsweek(not sure which) they unveiled the plans for the colonization of Mars. If I remember correctly, it all was supposed to start in 2015, So, not really all that sudden of an interest.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Because humans need to sate their innate curiosity and explore. Why does there have to be some sinister agenda anyways?

Because when you sit down and do some research, look at the global events shaping this planet, see the patterns and coincidences and think critically and logically about it all, you come to conclusion that something about the way in which the world functions is wrong and unnatural.

The probability that there is a sinister agenda behind the works becomes far higher.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: CJCrawley

Why would it be the end of all live on Earth if we loose the moon?

When I say 'lose', I don't mean the Moon will disappear from view - it will still be visible in the night sky, but, crucially, about 10% further away. That means the Earth will no longer feel its gravitational pull and will start to wobble chaotically, much as Mars is doing today.

The Moon presently keeps the Earth tilted at 23.44 degrees and that gives us the seasons. So we would lose our seasons and eventually the Earth would tip over onto its side.

For 6 months of the year one half of the planet would be exposed to direct, unrelenting sunlight, producing summers much hotter than Death Valley; the other half would be plunged into antarctic conditions. Then, after 6 months, it would be the other side's turn.

The thing is, we, as a species, could probably survive that. The problem is the effect it would have on other species and the ecology in general.

Most animal and plant species would die out very quickly, because they would be unable to adapt to the extremes of climate.

Ultimately, we too would be affected by the upheaval. Fatally so.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I wondered if they put together a huge international think tank and realised that religious wars would never end and we needed to go our seperate ways, Christians on mars Muslims on the moon, Hindus on venus and the athiests and whacos on giant ships heading of into the unknown in the search for peace!

No, i would make my own ship and have my own set of rules. A ship based on knowledge and what you can do to help others and yourself to benefit. wether you are young or old black ,white, indian ,asian, philiphine or alien. Children would be taught in schools and live in schools without parental intervention until the age of 15. You would be able then to leave one school to go work and learn a trade in another school and use your skills and new idea's to work on the ship or planet to benefit yourself and others. A community that works together solving problems as thy occurr. Each having a task or job that others can use. Example: A farmer community grows crops and food for the community benefit. A worker,builder, A Tasker community, A help Emergency community, Clean Envirnment Eco community, Metals workers, machines community, Higher learning teaching community. Things like this where one area helps the other and rely on one another in a cycle that is a circle that connected to other circle communities.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Partly its a smart move not to have the whole population in one place in case of a catastrophe. Probably the reason why we have made the living situation here on earth unlivable is to promote the idea of getting the hell outta dodge lol. Possibly a whole bunch of "smarty elites" want to leave us all "behind" Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged style. They rather leave behind rather than fix the problems they have co-created (reset). Or they harken a time of complete ownership of a planet and a absolutely subjugated population aka new experiment on where we went wrong on earth. (great now we have to free those guys)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Emeraldous

Funny you say that. You do know that they found an earth like planet very very similar to ours only a slight bit bigger.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Because humans need to sate their innate curiosity and explore. Why does there have to be some sinister agenda anyways?

Because when you sit down and do some research, look at the global events shaping this planet, see the patterns and coincidences and think critically and logically about it all, you come to conclusion that something about the way in which the world functions is wrong and unnatural.

The probability that there is a sinister agenda behind the works becomes far higher.

The way I see it, people are just people. There are the same makeups of bad people in any population. There are the same makeups of good people in any population. And everyone is greedy to some extent. Therefore everyone has their own agendas. Sometimes they overlap and make it appear that there is a concerted effort for "evil" somewhere. But evil doesn't exist. People are just as intolerant of each other in the 1% as they are in the 99%. If they can get one over on their peers, they will.

Always looking for a sinister agenda behind everything is boring. Not everyone is sinister. And not all the sinister people have the same sinister motives. The world isn't that simple.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And unless they can figure out how to manipulate gravity, anyone that lives on Mars for any length of time would never be able to come back to Earth.

Well if 'they' can manipulate gravity, the cities would have a gravity generator beneath them for one earth gravity, and no need for a dome.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Why are we trying to go to mars? why is there now talk of habitation of Venus? why the re newed interest in moon bases?

And why all this with the worlds economys in such a terrible state?

Do they know something bad is on it's way? Highly skunk works but I really do not see the benifit of these ventures unless there is a major problem?

Actually, the same reason why science fiction and cinema had a great boost during the great depression--when things are #ty, people look for hope and inspiration elsewhere. If things were going super awesome on earth, people wouldn't be looking to the stars for hope.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u

No, i would make my own ship and have my own set of rules. A ship based on knowledge and what you can do to help others and yourself to benefit. wether you are young or old black ,white, indian ,asian, philiphine or alien. Children would be taught in schools and live in schools without parental intervention until the age of 15. You would be able then to leave one school to go work and learn a trade in another school and use your skills and new idea's to work on the ship or planet to benefit yourself and others. A community that works together solving problems as thy occurr. Each having a task or job that others can use. Example: A farmer community grows crops and food for the community benefit. A worker,builder, A Tasker community, A help Emergency community, Clean Envirnment Eco community, Metals workers, machines community, Higher learning teaching community. Things like this where one area helps the other and rely on one another in a cycle that is a circle that connected to other circle communities.

You just don't want to be on the "B" Ark.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Same answer to both sets of questions. Nearly everyone hates the current state of the world. At the same time the propaganda suggesting "violence isn't the answer" - in spite of all of Human history saying otherwise - has worked nearly flawlessly, with the quality of life in spite of hating the world feeding back into it to futher deter anyone from acting out, knowing what they do have would disappear if they did. The logical solution given those two sets of facts is to "escape" in a non-violent manner yet equating to being free of the things people hate all the same. Hence the logical choice is "space colonization" because there is nowhere left to go on Earth (you might suggest "seasteading" or "antarctica" or "some remote island" or whatever else but the truth in each case is that if you ever found/did/built something worth having it would be taken all the same. The only way to actually be free is to go somewhere people can't follow.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

That is the stupidest #ing thing I've ever heard of. The whole reason liberals seek to destroy the family unit is becaue it's a system of structure separate from the government and a system of support that works in the face of external opposition - it makes people tougher to destroy if they have a family. By removing the family unit you would be founding a society perfectly suited for a totalitarian dictatorship that might actually not be possible to over overthrow.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Why are we trying to go to mars? why is there now talk of habitation of Venus? why the re newed interest in moon bases?

And why all this with the worlds economys in such a terrible state?

Do they know something bad is on it's way? Highly skunk works but I really do not see the benifit of these ventures unless there is a major problem?

It's what makes us Europeans / Westerners tick to go out and explore, to go out and invent things, to just 'get out there and push the envelope'!

People may whine but that's what we excel at. We've already done what we have to do here. Now we have to take it to the next level - To The Stars people, To The Stars...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lecoder

That is the stupidest #ing thing I've ever heard of. The whole reason liberals seek to destroy the family unit is becaue it's a system of structure separate from the government and a system of support that works in the face of external opposition - it makes people tougher to destroy if they have a family. By removing the family unit you would be founding a society perfectly suited for a totalitarian dictatorship that might actually not be possible to over overthrow.

Mate, this forum is full of them. Luckily more and more people are waking up to the reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join