It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Airlines boss claims MH370 may have been shot down by US military near Diego Garcia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The technology exists, but, it isn't installed on commercial aircraft. The US Navy has a system called "coupler" that allows a controller to "fly" an aircraft for an intercept. It can also be used, in an emergency, to assist an aircraft in landing on a carrier. Years ago, right after 9-11, I posted that this system should be installed on commercial aircraft. I also stated that the initiation of this control should be by the crew of the aircraft, in the form of a "panic button".

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

Explosive decompression could cause the pilots to be incapacitated by debris being tossed around in the cockpit. Slow decompression could lead to hypoxia and the incapacitation of the flight crew without their knowledge (Payne Stewart). These are a few of the scenarios that I can think of off the top of my head.

If there is anybody thinking that these are a "million to one" change, just look at the number of commercial aircraft flights per year.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

Explosive decompression could cause the pilots to be incapacitated by debris being tossed around in the cockpit. Slow decompression could lead to hypoxia and the incapacitation of the flight crew without their knowledge (Payne Stewart). These are a few of the scenarios that I can think of off the top of my head.

If there is anybody thinking that these are a "million to one" change, just look at the number of commercial aircraft flights per year.

"Just look at the number of commercial flights per year" and explain how two incidents happened to one airline.

Your "numbers" don't add up.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Are you saying that both incidents are related?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

On the contrary. Its happened many times in the past that one airline lost multiple planes back to back.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
this is highly unlikely. at 5K feet the plane would be consuming vast amounts of fuel compared to 35K feet. it wouldn't be able to get anywhere near diego garcia at 5K.

i contend my original theory several months ago is the logical conclusion.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

It's the first time in 30 years, but from 1952 to 1984 there were 18 times when an airline lost two or more airframes in a matter of months. BOAC, from 10/26/52-4/8/54 lost 5 Dehavilland Comet airframes. In 1968, from 6/12-12/26, Pan Am lost three 707-300s, two in December of that year. Again from 7/22/73-4/22/74, Pan Am lost four 707-300s.

Back to back airframe losses.
edit on 12/26/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The airforce wouldnt down a single airliner over a suspected attack in a time of peace in that particular area.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Merinda
The airforce wouldnt down a single airliner over a suspected attack in a time of peace in that particular area.

You couldn't be more incorrect.

Protocol, post 9/11, is to shoot down a hijacked aircraft before it can be flown into a ground target.

The financial damage such tactics would do to airlines, tourism, manufacturers and world trade are so colossal we are in this current situation of denying the obvious and attempting to cover-up the results.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

And you can prove this, right?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.rutgerslawreview.com...

What do you think the fighter interceptors are supposed to do?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Where does it say anything on there about shooting them down?

Intercepts are to identify, and only take action as a last resort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join