It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver attacks French pedestrians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

But if the police and secret services can't stop the atrocity happening, is it fair to expect members of the muslim community to stop the atrocities happening?

The Security Services and Police have prevented quite a few terrorist plots over the years.
They need to maintain or even increase their level of vigilance - something that is very hard without infringing upon civil liberties, a fine balancing act.

Yes, I expect members of the Muslim communities to do a damn sight more to stop the atrocities.
Far too many simply turn a blind eye to the extremists within their midst - that is unacceptable.
After each terrorist attack we hear condemnation from The Muslim Council of Britain or similar - but its the everyday Muslim who needs to be reporting the extremists preaching in the Mosques, schools and universities.
They must take pre-emptive action themselves rather than conveniently ignoring their activities - far too many Muslims do nothing at all.
Ordinary Muslims are under enormous pressure not to report on the activities of other Muslims to non-believers - that has to stop.

My opinion on the situation has probably shifted over the past few years. After listening to many of Sam Harris's arguments, I've become a lost my muslim apologist stance and wonder whether moderate Muslims are a danger with their moderate stance, legitimising IslamIf extremism

I've never really heard or read much about Sam Harris but he certainly looks as if he's worth doing so.

The thing with Islam is that it is such an all encompassing belief system - it seeks to influence and even control every aspect of a believers life.
It demands total obedience and submission to Allah's will etc.
It is diametrically opposed to fundamental 'western' values of free will and freedom of choice and as such there will always be a level of conflict.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

If Muslims cannot police their own and allow these types of attacks to continue whatever happens to them in retaliation is deserved. You can't play both sides forever, when the stakes get high enough you have to claim your position. While I feel badly for the victims in these attacks the good thing is that it will wake up many Europeans who fail to see the inevitable result of unrestricted immigration.

France will be a predominately Muslim country in only 30 years at the present rate.
Who the hell wants France to be a Muslim country?
Not the native French I should think.

<< 1   >>

join