It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver attacks French pedestrians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Driver shouting "God is great" in Arabic runs down pedestrians in Dijon, France, injuring 11, French media say

Here we go again, more Islamic extremism before the last one has even left the headlines.

I think we are starting to see the beginning of something big, and something that is going to get ugly real fast....in every country in the world.

There are lots of these idiots hiding in the shadows, and the more things like this happen, the more it will inspire them to come out.

The sad part of this is that if we start seeing more and more of this in the coming year, I fear the decent Muslims of each society are going to suffer the backlash from the angry mob, and that isn't right, but what steps can be taken to prevent it? Doesn't take much to get the EDL/BNP style groups in each country riled up, and things could escalate out of control before there is even a plan in place to stop it.

Crazy times ahead.

SOURCE (BBC)
edit on 21/12/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
MK Ultra comes to mind with these antics.

Who the hell wants to run people over.

The only time violence is permitted in Islam is in self defence.
I don't know what Quran these people are reading.

The suspect is "apparently imbalanced and had been in a psychiatric hospital", a source close to the investigation said.

Of course he did...
Now it makes sense.

Having been in a mental ward I can vouch that about 85% of people I came across claim to be doing God's work...
Funnily enough another 5% claim it's the Devil pushing them.

About 10% are decent people suffering from bouts of depression.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You would think that if he was in a mental hospital, and had God urges on the side of Islam he would have been heavily monitored, especially given what has been going on recently.

I know it will hard to track down and keep an eye on all the nutcases, but when they are known like this guy, the hard part is already done.

Look at the café guy in Australia.....wasn't he known to the police? Yet he still managed to do what he did.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No doubt pal.

Having said that I can't speak for French mental health services.

I know they'd be monitoring him close in the UK, but even then I wouldn't hedge my bets on them stopping such an attack.

Unless someone was locked up in Broadmoor, chances are, people get time to themselves to leave the ward unaccompanied, depending on the Sectioning.

Even home visits will only take up an hour out of the day if a person has been discharged.

To be honest, mental health can be a bit lax once someone is released.

I don't know if there is a governing body that deals with people once they've been released.
It's usually centralised to people in the system, rather than out.

a reply to: woogleuk

edit on 21-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Except for the religious rant this sounds like most french drivers.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Except for the religious rant this sounds like most french drivers.

It is somewhat archetypal, all it needs now is a packet of Gitanes and a shrug.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I think ATOS just deem them fit for work and tell them to get on with it....

....but in all seriousness, I don't think this is going to be limited to the mentally ill, I bet you 50p and a Spicy curry pot noodle that we see at least 2 more street attacks (by people claiming to be working on behalf of Mr allah) before the year is out.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I don't think most French drivers praise "Allah" when mowing someone over, I know you are only kidding, but the sudden surge (if you can call it that) in attacks lately has me concerned that we are only seeing the beginning of this.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Got to say I'm a bit surprised.
You seem to be more concerned about the possibility of some sort of retaliatory attacks from 'EDL/BNP style groups' than the attacks themselves.

You state;

Doesn't take much to get the EDL/BNP style groups in each country riled up,....

whereas the fact is that despite numerous terrorist related / inspired attacks there have been remarkably few revenge style attacks despite rising anger from the British people.

Stop the mindless slaughter of innocent British people and there would be no fear whatsoever of revenge attacks.

Pretty straight forward as far as I can see.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Please don't misunderstand, I know there hasn't been yet (retaliatory attacks)...but if these incidents grow in number, it is only a matter of time before people get sick of it and take the law into their own hands, I would hate to see the innocent suffer because of a bunch of mindless idiots.

Believe me, my concern isn't shifted towards either the victims of the attacks, or the victims of revenge, it's for anyone who gets caught up in this mess.

I just don't think enough is being done to stop these attacks in the first place.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I just don't think enough is being done to stop these attacks in the first place.

Exactly.

And a large part of the responsibility for stopping these attacks lies within the Muslim communities themselves.

Yes, there does seem to be a growing number of Muslims who are standing up and voicing their opposition to the terrorists, and they deserve our utmost admiration and support, but they are still very much in the minority.
Many Muslims are indeed complicit due to their silence and turning a blind eye.

Every time a suspected plot is exposed we hear accusations of victimisation etc.
Well what do you expect?
Yes, not all Muslims are terrorists....but most terrorists threatening the UK are Muslims - an undeniable fact.

We don't see Hindu extremists chopping peoples heads off.
We don't see Buddhists preaching hatred towards their foster country and working towards the overthrow of our whole social and political structure along with the imposition of an alien belief system.

If the threat was removed then so would the vast majority of victimisation and suspicion etc.

Our government has a responsibility to protect the people of this country.
As a result of the current threat from Muslim extremists it therefore goes without saying that they would be acting irresponsibly if they were not monitoring potential security threats from within that community....but then we get the apologists and the PC do-gooders screaming racism, bigotry, infringement on civil liberties etc.

So what more would you have the government do to prevent these attacks?

Would you have the Muslim communities themselves do anything more to prevent these attacks?

Who else of what else can be done to eliminate these attacks?

ETA.

Far too many people worry about these alleged or apparent reprisals than they do about the actual and real attacks and the victims of such outrages.

edit on 22/12/14 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Exactly.

And a large part of the responsibility for stopping these attacks lies within the Muslim communities themselves.

I don't think it's a responsibilty of the Muslim community as opposed to the community at large. The nut who just killed the two LEOs was Muslim, but he also had past criminal record and mental health issues. Actually the Baltimore authorities saw him as a threat as he stated he wanted to harm LEOs, and a warning was faxed to the NYPD. Unfortunately the warning arrived at the same time the shooter rampaged. It's a mental health issue, not a religious one.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Do you have any views on what could be done, in our own country to stop Islamic extremism? the problem with a lot of the solutions is that all sorts of people get caught up in a far right solution to Islamic extremism, anyone who looks like a muslim, legal immigrants and people on the left whom get accused of not wanting to join in with the proposed solutions. Do we close all UK mosques, ban any form of Islamic worship? Round muslims up and deport them? I'm not sure what type of solution is going to combat Islamic extremism and if we are to be honest we need to take a look at our own countries actions in creating these feelings. I don't want to come across as a PC do gooder, but their needs to be honesty from all sides in this debate.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I don't think it's a responsibility of the Muslim community as opposed to the community at large. The nut who just killed the two LEOs was Muslim, but he also had past criminal record and mental health issues. Actually the Baltimore authorities saw him as a threat as he stated he wanted to harm LEOs, and a warning was faxed to the NYPD. Unfortunately the warning arrived at the same time the shooter rampaged. It's a mental health issue, not a religious one.

It can almost always be argued that when someone resorts to an act of extreme violence (if it is not in self defence) that there is a mental health issue involved.

After all, how many competent well-adjusted, fulfilled, content, happily-living-their lives people kill (or rape, injure, etc.) other people - or join groups where violent behaviour is considered desirable...or even "normal" within the context of that group?

So perhaps the question is, what is it about the teachings of Islam (or those aspects of the teaching that have been perverted, if that is the case) that seem to be attracting so many people with the kinds of mental illnesses that lead to a propensity for violence?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

woody my friend, I'm not arrogant enough to believe for one minute that I have all, if any, of the solutions.
In fact I think its such a complex and deep rooted problem that no one individual will ever be able to do so.

But I think right at the end of your post you highlight a good starting point.

I don't want to come across as a PC do gooder, but their needs to be honesty from all sides in this debate.

That simply isn't the case at present.

The demonization of all 'EDL types' as racists and bigots is equally as wide of the mark as labelling all Muslims as terrorist sympathisers.

Yes, there needs to be an acknowledgement that UK foreign policies in the M.E. has contributed to the radicalisation of UK Muslims - but its far from being the only reason.

And its equally correct in saying that not everyone who is expressing major concern about elements within the UK's Muslim communities and their actions is motivated by racist bigotry - they have real and genuine concerns.

We have heard for years about reprisal attacks, but where are they?

Compared to most nationalities the British are a remarkably tolerant and respectful people - but only to a point.
Eventually they bite back - and with a ferocity few can match.

Unless real, honest and open dialogue is entered into involving all parties / groups / communities etc that point may be fast approaching.

I for one would never advocate or support anything as extreme as the expulsion of all Muslims or the closing of all Mosques etc but, and its a big but, the Muslim communities must continue to be vigilant and be actively involved in rooting out the rotten apples within their own midst.
Its not enough just standing up and saying 'we condemn this act' after each atrocity, they have to be involved in stopping the atrocities from happening in the first place.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
new attack in the french city of Nantes, a man ran over pedestrians with a small delivery truck, and tried to stab himself in the chest after the truck stopped according to witnesses, he shouted "allahu akbar"

www.leparisien.fr...=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.fr%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%24rct%3Dj%24q%3D%24esrc%3Ds%24source%3Dweb%24cd%3D1%24ved%3D0CCQQFjAA%24url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.leparisien.fr%252Fnantes-4400 0%252Fnantes-une-camionnette-percute-des-pietons-au-marche-de-noel-22-12-2014-4394001.php%24ei%3DPWmYVLbsGdfjaqH2gqgH%24usg%3DAFQjCNFazOw0LzGSKPJ6gmXs TSTTfzAVkw%24sig2%3D1T6txpoVqVQgaIt4EDp1lw%24bvm%3Dbv.82001339%2Cd.d2s
edit on 22-12-2014 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Cheers for responding, not an easy topic I asked you to provide a solution to.

Its not enough just standing up and saying 'we condemn this act' after each atrocity, they have to be involved in stopping the atrocities from happening in the first place.

But if the police and secret services can't stop the atrocity happening, is it fair to expect members of the muslim community to stop the atrocities happening?

My opinion on the situation has probably shifted over the past few years. After listening to many of Sam Harris's arguments, I've become a lost my muslim apologist stance and wonder whether moderate Muslims are a danger with their moderate stance, legitimising IslamIf extremism
edit on 22-12-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
France attack: Van driven into shoppers in Nantes

THIS, is what I am talking/worried about, copycats....I don't know how well you all know me from my postings over the years, but I'm usually not the worrier, I usually shrug things off. But this time I am genuinely concerned about how bad this is about to become and what the repercussions will be.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Sorry mate but your link goes to a thread about North Korean internet outages?

....I don't know how well you all know me from my postings over the years,

I've known you long enough to have grown a high regard for your postings and opinions.

But this time I am genuinely concerned about how bad this is about to become and what the repercussions will be.

IS and other Islamic terrorist groups have repeatedly urged individual and independent groups of Muslims living in 'the West' to take up Jihad and carry out terrorist attacks.

Sorry, but I'm more concerned about the victims of these attacks and the safety of innocent civilians than I am about the possibility of 'revenge' attacks against the Muslim communities.

One threat is real and deadly, the other is still as yet only a possibility.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Who the hell wants to run people over

With respect Charlie, it's the same people who cut heads off their defenceless enemies, the same people who drive cars and trucks loaded with explosives into markets full of innocent civilians and try to kill as many people as they can, it's the same people who stone women to death, it's the same people who kill their own daughters as punishment, it's the same people who do these things.

These people are all insane in my books too, but they're out there, there's seemingly no shortage of them, they're more motivated than the rest of us, and they all cite their religion as the ultimate and absolute authority which permits them to do what they do.

Religious extremism is the epitome of insanity as far as I'm concerned.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join