It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child sex abuse inquiry panel 'could be disbanded'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The Home Secretary, Theresa May, is considering disbanding the inquiry panel that has been set up to investigate the Westminster child abuse claims.

The independent panel set up to support the planned public inquiry into historical child abuse could be disbanded, the BBC understands. Home Secretary Theresa May has written to panel members saying three options to give the inquiry full statutory powers are being considered. Only one option does not require the panel to be disbanded. A Home Office spokesman said Mrs May wanted to balance making progress "with the need to get this right". The panel, which has started work, still has nobody to chair it after the first two nominations stood down. An inquiry source told the BBC panel members have been told their jobs will go in the new year and that they will be invited to apply for positions on the new panel.

Although this has been supported by a small number of the abuse victims, the majority and panel members are furious at this decision. They feel that Theresa May has already made a decision and will disband the inquiry panel in the New Year, in favour of a Statuatory inquiry.

Personally, I feel this is more stalling in an already protracted process. There are obviously some people within the Home office who do not want the inquiry to succeed, as well as people within the entire establishment.

Whilst I can see why she may want to look at alternative means of ensuring any enquiry exposes the truth, there is a danger that this will be seen as giving in to what the minority want. Also, any work that the panel has undertaken will be shelved, leaving many of the victims that have already given evidence, to go through the whole process again.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

They feel that Theresa May has already made a decision and will disband the inquiry panel in the New Year, in favor of a Statuatory inquiry.

Is that like a "secret inquiry"?

I bet they want it to go away.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It should only be disbanded, if then, if the investigations are complete, the reports written, and nobody else left to testify (last abuse victim please turn out the lights on the way out).

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This enquiry which should be a thorough police investigation with even the doors open to buck house if need by, is probably the most embarrassing thing that could hit a government because of the suggested high profile of some ot these men.

We are so close to a general election and these men know if their behaviour were to be made public, then a lot of them would be drummed out of office and find themselves in prison where they oudoubtedly deserve to be, for the perverts they are.

We want an investigation without any boundaries and governmental defined lines to follow, we want justice and the exposure of these men because not only are they open to blackmail from foreign powers but we want their behaviour stopped and our children, especiallyt the vulnerable little ones safe. So buck up theresa and damn well give the police a free reign to get on with the job and let the mp who exposed this nasty lot oversee the investigation. I suspect people will complain and demand this if you don't deliver - we all know the stakes involved.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The entire government should be disbanded. I really sincerely hope that these monsters get whats coming to them. But this is the real world we live in, where the most evil of all rarely pay for their crimes against humanity. They are untouchable as it stands and will do whatever it takes to remain that way.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_
The entire government should be disbanded. I really sincerely hope that these monsters get whats coming to them. But this is the real world we live in, where the most evil of all rarely pay for their crimes against humanity. They are untouchable as it stands and will do whatever it takes to remain that way.

I agree, but is it possible to do this, disband the whole government?

Only way I see that possible is with a full blown WW3. I don't envision TPTB ceding power peacefully.

This needs a private/non government run investigation. Fully transparent to the world.

And ANY government entity that tried to impede the investigation locked up, under citizen arrest until its conclusion.

It would also need a private militia to provide security to investigators. Look at all the whistle blowers that have died in past investigations, under 'mysterious' circumstances.

I would volunteer to protect such an investigation. I still hold out some hope that Annon can blow the lid off this evil.

I know, I live in fantasy land.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_

If the full truth were to come out, I suspect that we would see a disbanding of the Government. But whilst little progress is being made, it's a long way off.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yeah, I agree, the elite would rather launch their stockpiles of nuclear, chemical and bio weapons at us as a last resort than face up to the consequences of their actions. Look at what they are throwing at us to keep us under control, look what they do to other nations who don't play ball. They have the means to escape the fallout of such attacks too.

But you are completely forgetting the most important thing regarding this situation. People are fundamentally selfish and as long as they are not directly affected, they don't care.

I really am not so sure. It's amazing and sickening how apathetic people are being over this issue, and it just makes me hate this country even more. So disgusting. People's kids are in danger with these monsters running rampant, and they STILL DON'T CARE. As long as its not their own kids, who cares what happens to other peoples?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

I agree with everything you said, especially the apathy involved.

'That's to evil to contemplate, so watch this man get swallowed by a snake, wow. Watch this new singers video, she is almost naked, that's so wrong.'

Bread and circuses.

And in the end 'they' will crawl out of their holes, after the rad levels have reached acceptable levels, and start all over again.

Just look at the attention these threads receive......crickets......

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They feel that Theresa May has already made a decision and will disband the inquiry panel in the New Year, in favor of a Statuatory inquiry.

Is that like a "secret inquiry"?

I bet they want it to go away.

Nope, not in the slightest, you're barking up the wrong tree, in the wrong forest, in the wrong country on the wrong planet - but then, what's new?

A Statutory inquiry is one that has legal powers to compel people to give evidence, rather than voluntarily where people can simply refuse to take part.

Disbanding the current panel to reconvene later is just a bureaucratic exercise really - they may not even have to reinterview witnesses who have already given evidence, although I am not 100% on that.

This is a good thing, them wanting the inquiry to have actual legal powers.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Disbanding the current panel to reconvene later is just a bureaucratic exercise really -

Yes sort of like trusting the government to do a thorough job investigating itself. The system is 'stacked' in their favor.
edit on 27-12-2014 by intrptr because: wrong quite

new topics

top topics

join