It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do I find NotePad in Windows 8 ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I haven't used notepad in years.

Notepad++

You'll never look back. Ever.

Also with Windows 8 you can find any program installed by going to your start screen and simply start typing the name of what you're looking for. So..

Windows Key → "notepad" → click or arrow down to the program. It's actually waaaay faster than the old way of doing things. If you want a short cut you can create one from the list that shows up by right clicking and selecting "Pin to Start".

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rockn82

As for me I haven't used MS Office in years. Notepad is pretty much all I need when I write. To me, Office has tons of features that I don't use, so word processing for me is just typing, spellchecking and printing.

I remember my high school days when they made us use every single feature in Office. Justify, center, format, indent, charts, graphs. I came home everyday feeling like I just walked out of Office Space

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Windows key + s, - bring up search box
type "notepad"

windows key, all app search find notepad

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: rockn82

As for me I haven't used MS Office in years. Notepad is pretty much all I need when I write. To me, Office has tons of features that I don't use, so word processing for me is just typing, spellchecking and printing.

I remember my high school days when they made us use every single feature in Office. Justify, center, format, indent, charts, graphs. I came home everyday feeling like I just walked out of Office Space

Notepad++ has nothing to do with MS. I'm not sure where that even came from. It's free and a wonderful tool for writing and for coders. I'd still say try it out.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Give wordpad a shot.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join