It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'#ShootThePolice': Crazed man's online ranting before executing two NYPD officers, committing sui

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

originally posted by: Justaposter

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

You don't care that two innocent people were killed?

No. No I don't. They were cops, I place them in the same ranks as British soldiers in the 1700s and trollocs from the Wheel of Time.

wow

You can wow all you want. If that's your reaction then you haven't been paying attention.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been out-right robbed, harassed, threatened, and bullied by the gang members that we call police officers.

If this is the case, perhaps you should evaluate your behavior.

I find it very hard to believe that you are just sauntering around, minding your very own business and then BAM! you became robbed, harassed, threatened ect..

Someone's never heard of civil forfeiture.

Civil forfeiture is a lawful process that ONLY occurs in a VERY limited number of cases, predominantly drug cases involving large amounts of trafficking where we have decided that it would not be just to allow the lawbreaker to keep the spoils of his crimes. And yes, I would like to see it used more against white collar high level scumbags. But please stop acting like average citizens are waking up and finding the mean old government taking everything they own, because that is quite simply not the case.

I was pulled over for "driving too close to the white line" and had $500 removed from my glovebox because "no one carries that much cash."

I was on my way to pay my rent.

I was told that people that use cash are involved in the drug trade. I got a lawyer and was able to prove that I legitimately earned the money, but haha, civil forfeiture.

It's being used as an excuse for the police to rob people.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

No. No I don't. They were cops, I place them in the same ranks as British soldiers in the 1700s and trollocs from the Wheel of Time.

wow

You can wow all you want. If that's your reaction then you haven't been paying attention.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been out-right robbed, harassed, threatened, and bullied by the gang members that we call police officers.

I find it very hard to believe that you are just sauntering around, minding your very own business and then BAM! you became robbed, harassed, threatened ect..

Civil forfeiture is a lawful process that ONLY occurs in a VERY limited number of cases, predominantly drug cases involving large amounts of trafficking where we have decided that it would not be just to allow the lawbreaker to keep the spoils of his crimes. And yes, I would like to see it used more against white collar high level scumbags. But please stop acting like average citizens are waking up and finding the mean old government taking everything they own, because that is quite simply not the case.

I was pulled over for "driving too close to the white line" and had $500 removed from my glovebox because "no one carries that much cash."

I was on my way to pay my rent.

I was told that people that use cash are involved in the drug trade. I got a lawyer and was able to prove that I legitimately earned the money, but haha, civil forfeiture.

It's being used as an excuse for the police to rob people.

I do not for one minute buy that story. ANY attorney worth his or her salt would have went after that case all day long and twice on Sunday. No the legal burden WOULD NOT be on you in that case. If that actually happened, I or any other plaintiff's attorney would have LOVED to take it on and see if we could turn it into a class action suit with a fistful of similarly-situated plaintiffs. Sorry, but I do not believe that story happened.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

wow

I see you are still confused about truth. It happens all the time all over the U.S.

You are down playing a very serious problem.

The truth is that it is completly for a cop to take your money and then force you to prove him wrong in a court system that will cost more than what you were robbed of.

Like all the other laws it origionally served a valid purpose but not is being abused to buy equipment to herd more effectivly.

Sorry, but no. Civil forfeiture is not a very frequently used legal action and, again, it is only used in certain large cases involving large amounts of money gained by criminal enterprise. These are facts. Keep waving your hands about wildly though and maybe eventually I'll buy it...

you are wrong i hope not lying. It rolls in about 5 billion a yr.

A town local to me was featured on stewarts cc show where 142 cases had happened in less than a year

The crazy part is the town has about 142 residents

The trick is too take small amounts that will be less that a lawyers fee

Very few people will waste their time in court over small amounts.

en.wikipedia.org...
interesting wiki on the subject

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

the town is tenaha texas and you should go offer your services

The crazy part is half the police will rob a person and the other half will arrest you for trying to give them money.
edit on 22-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

So in other words you called them the n-word. Stay classy, guy. I bet you're one of those white men who thinks he's not racist, but just happens to get really, super racist when he gets liquored up and angry.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ya I guess he can hire a lawyer at 300 p hour, there would be a retainer, consultation, court time..etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I have never written a seat belt ticket and never will!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I think you and I are for the most part on the same page.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: diggindirt

I have never written a seat belt ticket and never will!

Good on you! Our sheriff's department doesn't have time to deal with seat belt laws either even though the sheriff told me that the Feds are putting a lot of pressure on all law enforcement. Pressure, in the form of, "We'll give you more money if you'll use overtime and set up seat belt stings." or "It appears you haven't concentrated on seat belt laws, you do know we take that into consideration when you apply for grants."
Sadly, that sheriff is retiring shortly and the new guy isn't of the same caliber. I fully expect the new one to begin militarizing and going for every ticket he can imagine.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Ya I guess he can hire a lawyer at 300 p hour, there would be a retainer, consultation, court time..etc.

Those are all excuses. According to his own story he did in fact consult with an attorney. The problem is that NEVER would ANY attorney tell him what he claimed he was told. It's just that simple. And no, I am not going to make any apologies for an attorney charging for his services. Also, in a class action, there wouldn't be any fee up front, so...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

wow

I see you are still confused about truth. It happens all the time all over the U.S.

You are down playing a very serious problem.

The truth is that it is completly for a cop to take your money and then force you to prove him wrong in a court system that will cost more than what you were robbed of.

Like all the other laws it origionally served a valid purpose but not is being abused to buy equipment to herd more effectivly.

Sorry, but no. Civil forfeiture is not a very frequently used legal action and, again, it is only used in certain large cases involving large amounts of money gained by criminal enterprise. These are facts. Keep waving your hands about wildly though and maybe eventually I'll buy it...

you are wrong i hope not lying. It rolls in about 5 billion a yr.

A town local to me was featured on stewarts cc show where 142 cases had happened in less than a year

The crazy part is the town has about 142 residents

The trick is too take small amounts that will be less that a lawyers fee

Very few people will waste their time in court over small amounts.

en.wikipedia.org...
interesting wiki on the subject

I'll bet you anything that if you dug a little deeper you would see that based upon the location of that town, almost all of those seizures were based upon drug or human trafficking. Just sayin...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Actually to me it sounds like you just backed away from your claim of how you would love to have a case like that but i get it you do not want to travel and you have no means to bring attention to that certain area.

Either way here is the vidioes that are fed to the public and is largely responsible for the way people see this stuff. Did you take a look at that wiki i linked? It proves your thought wrong that only drugs have to be involved. The police simply just go by the thought that all cash will be used to buy drugs then it is up to the public to prove they were not buying drugs.

cc john stewart

eta let's talk more about this statment that you will bet anything cause i am in the market for some things.
edit on 23-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Actually to me it sounds like you just backed away from your claim of how you would love to have a case like that but i get it you do not want to travel and you have no means to bring attention to that certain area.

Either way here is the vidioes that are fed to the public and is largely responsible for the way people see this stuff. Did you take a look at that wiki i linked? It proves your thought wrong that only drugs have to be involved. The police simply just go by the thought that all cash will be used to buy drugs then it is up to the public to prove they were not buying drugs.

cc john stewart

eta let's talk more about this statment that you will bet anything cause i am in the market for some things.

Actually I am not barred in that State, so it has nothing to do with me wanting or not wanting to do a ton of travel to back up or crush some half-arsed story on the interweb. I still don't believe that story ever happened. No cop grabbed your $500 out of your glove box and no attorney told you that "the burden would be on you to prove it was not drug money" in order to get it back. Just saying...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join