It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU court takes Hamas off terrorist organisations list.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Sorry my friend you're wrong...
This one has "immigrants" written all over it.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

My bad, poverty stricken homosexual kenyan mooslem immigrants, the fiends.

I'll go now, i was being intelligent earlier today but it's all gone to pot now

ETA: you have 666 flags, so it's probably your fault dude.
edit on 29-12-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I have to apologise my friend...

Breaking News on who is to blame...

I've only just noticed the Flags problem...
I hope that changes soon

edit on 29-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: CommandoJoe

Don't get worked up Joe, "competent authority" wasn't my words, it was taken from Wikipedia's explanation of events.

I know you're the messenger, I was poking at the court, not you.

However it's not a Kangeroo court, it's the EU...

I call it a kangaroo court because I find it ludicrous anyone would not consider Hamas to be a terror organization...
I, my family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors have all personally been terrorized by the actions of Hamas.

& their reasoning is that Media & Internet is not a valuable source of information...
I'm guessing they'd expect the UN, Human Rights Groups & such to give their side of the story from what they've examined & witnessed.

You mean like the UNRWA who handed rockets found in one of their schools back to Hamas? Oh, there I go using media and internet again, even though the UNRWA confirmed this...

Or how about a member of the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC)

The Palestinian delegate to the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) Ibrahim Khreisheh stated last week during an interview on Palestine Today that Hamas is committing war crimes by firing rockets into Israel, Ynet News reported.

Khreisheh's declaration came in response to a question about the PLO's demand to appeal to the International Criminal Court at the Hague (ICC) to investigate Israel's military conduct during the current operation "Protective Edge" in Gaza.

Khreisheh responded saying first that, as he is not running for any political offices, he can be honest. "The missiles that are now being launched against Israel, each and every missile constitutes a crime against humanity, whether it hits or missed, because it is directed at civilian targets...Therefore, targeting civilians, be it one civilian or a thousand, is considered a crime against humanity."

I don't see why the court couldn't have taken some of the most damning media reports showing Hamas' terrorist actions and verified them with some "competent" authority. It took me all of a few seconds to find the 2 above, and I'm sure a formal request from a EU court to the UN organization/person above could easily confirm the info. In addition, if the media presents say, video evidence that confirms the notion that Hamas is a terrorist organization, why shouldn't it be credible? Video is used all the time in courts around the world, even if it did come from the media or the internet for that matter...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
To be fair,....i dont really care.

I dont see hamas as the EU or UK problem.

Hamas have never hurt or threatend me or my family, the are isreal problem not mine.

This may be true, and if I wasn't currently living in Israel I probably would feel the same way, and whether or not Hamas is on some list or not really doesn't matter much in the big scheme of things. But if you look at it from the viewpoint of if they are on the naughty list, then their assets are frozen and people/companies in the EU are not allowed to legally fund or assist them, then maybe some deaths and terror could be prevented...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Everyone is screwing someone over.

If we froze acounts for every immoral action every country and political orgianisation would have there acounts frozen, chief amoung them the USA. Our banking would collaspse!

I think when makeing such decisions tney need to ask
1) are they a threat to the EU
2) have they broken laws in the EU

If no to both then no reason not to carry on buisness like we do with other aggresive, unsavory countrys and groups, US and china included.

At the very least if Hamas is denied buisness with the EU then Isreal should be too.

Id rather the EU and UK keep 100% neutral.

edit on 29-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe

I'm not gonna disagree with you Joe, like I said in my OP I'm no Hamas fan & I was shocked to be honest...

All I did say was that they shouldn't have been added to the terror list when they was because of the way it was investigated.

There is a 3 month recess of this decision to discuss possibly new information such as your links...
& to be fair I'd expect Hamas to be put straight back on the list unless Hamas can somehow prove that the rocket attacks were done by rogue or ex members...

I don't think that will work because I feel certain that Hamas has done some of the attacks...
I'm not talking about the defensive rocket fire, that's a right given by the UN Charter...
I'm talking about pre-meditated unprovoked attacks, which usually Hamas blame on others, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hell if it was up to me in 1947 I would never have given palastine to the jews.

Would have been better to carve out a corner of germany and austria for the new isreal, least germans and austrians would have derserved loseing there homes and lands to form a jewish nation. Hell would have been abit of justice.
The area from munich to vienna would be a nice size.

Failing that a unclaimed chain of islands in the pacific god knows the UK and US own enough.

I dont sea how a 4000 year old book give one rights to land people already live on......

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I Fixed your Flag Problem Charlie, Peace, Arjunanda. a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

Thank you, my friend.

Peace to you too.
edit on 29-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join