It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS not displaying properly after paypal added

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ever since paypal has been added to ATS, the site doesn't display properly for me.

When I click on My ATS, all I see is the current feed of my favorite forums & the other section that lists threads I'm involved in. (Meaning the whole right side of the screen isn't loading, just the left side)

When I click on the Forums button, all that shows up is the stats for the forums, none of the actual links to the different forums are there. (Again meaning only the left side of the page is being displayed)

Earlier in the day before paypal was added, I had 0 issues with the site & now things aren't being displayed properly.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower
The site seems to be working same as always for me. You may want to offer up a little more info to help them resolve the matter. What are you browsing on PC, Phone, Tablet?
Which browser are you using and do you know what screen resolution you are at if on a PC or tablet? Things like this could help.

I hope they fix your ATS fix for you!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Maybe changing your settings from the old way to accomodate the new? Size etc. Things on your end do have to change when formats are changed, you know?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

I use a desktop, a laptop & my phone. I have the same issue on all 3 devices & use firefox on all three devices. Not really any more description I can give other than what I already said, half the screen doesn't load.

On top of all the attempted clickjackings on this site, I can hardly access much of ATS now.
edit on 19-12-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What settings are you talking about? All I've ever done and all I ever do is open firefox & got to ATS. What changes need to be made? I've never had to make changes or adjust settings when a website changes, this is the first time.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

ATS is working correctly on Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser for Android (phone and tablet). You might want to start looking at things on your end since it appears you are the only one with this issue.

The very first thing you should always do when having browser issues is delete your browser's history, cache, and cookies, then re-log in and your issue should be resolved.

The easiest way to clean your browser's history, cache and cookies is with:

CCleaner

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower
Ever since paypal has been added to ATS, the site doesn't display properly for me.

Earlier in the day before paypal was added, I had 0 issues with the site & now things aren't being displayed properly.

As far as I know, the PayPal ribbon was added on the 17th. If you experienced some change in performance today, it's unlikely to be related to the PayPal addition. I would do as Bonez suggested and log out, clean out you cookies and other temporary files, run your antivirus and try logging back in.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If you use a standard cable modem you can open the connection click the support tab then the repair button.
That clears the NetBT, ARP and DNS caches.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Yes I know about deleting my browser's history, cache & cookies, that was the first thing done.

As ATS is the only site I'm having issues with, I'm not 100% convinced it's not something on your end. No offense but I know people who have stopped coming to ATS since the paypal thing put on so I don't think it's accurate to just assume it's something on my end. I know others who are afraid to bring up their glitches with ATS because their afraid they will get banned. Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

As I said in my original post, this has been happen since the day it was installed, earlier in the day before it was added there were 0 issues. Later that day when it had been added, I started having glitches. Since then, everyday, the same glitches are there.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i've noticed that also, plus these damn nlbs videos. i have to be really careful not to accidentally click on the boarder or i get a damn youtube tab pop up and play.

only way i've found to make sure it dosn't happend is, increase the zoom in the browser do i looks like i'm wearing glasses made out of coca cola bottle bottoms.

please stop making it better.
edit on 19-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower
I know others who are afraid to bring up their glitches with ATS because their afraid they will get banned.

No one gets banned for mentioning glitches.

People only get banned for breaking the T&C.

Please go back to the "others" you know and let them know that.

Also - ATS has an awful lot of throughput - the fact that you, and you alone are experiencing this suggests the problem is at your end, be it actual or claimed.

I have tried the site on Firefox, Crome, IE11, Opera and Android browsers and there is no problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hi ATS fans.

knoledgeispower said:

. . .(Meaning the whole right side of the screen isn't loading,
just the left side). . .

I had the same mystery here, with Firefox.

It is now OK by pushing " Ctrl - " WITHOUT the ""s.

Try back " Ctrl 0 ", and it will go "bad" again. . . B-)

I HOPE it is a temporary situation.

And ATS, THANKS for your good care !!

top topics

join