It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist Quackery, Part 150, 001 : Creationists Say Aliens Don't Exist, So Let's Stop Looking!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the MSM has absolutely zero credibility.

I snipped your usual tag of useless external quotes, but WHAT part of that article is evidence that the MSM has zero credibility? Are you saying that HuffPo is a liar and Ken Ham didn't say that? Are you saying that Ken Ham is right and HuffPo is biased against him? What exactly are you getting at? What is "that"?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Velom
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is most likely (partly) the case. But where did it originate from? It is my believe that it either originates from psychedelics (aka ayahuasca, mushrooms, '___', etcetera) and alien abductions (en.wikipedia.org...)

I'd say it came from people's imaginations. The Lord of the Rings is a pretty fantastic story and that entire thing came from J.R.R. Tolkien's imagination.

I think that both have to do with each other. Shamans and priests use psychedelics to connect to higher powers and entities. Maybe aliens even fabricated psychedelics for communicating with them on a totally different level. A lot of people describe a welcoming feeling and enlightenment when they use '___', the most powerful hallucinogenic known to mankind. Weird thing is, this psychedelic is a natural neurotransmitter in ourselves, and it is in thousands of other animals and plants.

Just because you are tripping doesn't mean you are connecting to the spiritual world.

ETA: Though I do agree with you, much of the bible was written by people tripping on mushrooms.

EDIT: why ban the abbreviation of dimethyltryptamine? It is the same as banning the word melatonine, or serotonine. Makes no sense at all.

Because it is a recreational drug. The abbreviation for lysergic acid diethylamide is also banned.
edit on 19-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is most likely (partly) the case. But where did it originate from? It is my believe that it either originates from psychedelics (aka ayahuasca, mushrooms, '___', etcetera) and alien abductions (en.wikipedia.org...)

I'd say it came from people's imaginations. The Lord of the Rings is a pretty fantastic story and that entire thing came from J.R.R. Tolkien's imagination.

I think that both have to do with each other. Shamans and priests use psychedelics to connect to higher powers and entities. Maybe aliens even fabricated psychedelics for communicating with them on a totally different level. A lot of people describe a welcoming feeling and enlightenment when they use '___', the most powerful hallucinogenic known to mankind. Weird thing is, this psychedelic is a natural neurotransmitter in ourselves, and it is in thousands of other animals and plants.

Just because you are tripping doesn't mean you are connecting to the spiritual world.

ETA: Though I do agree with you, much of the bible was written by people tripping on mushrooms.

EDIT: why ban the abbreviation of dimethyltryptamine? It is the same as banning the word melatonine, or serotonine. Makes no sense at all.

Because it is a recreational drug. The abbreviation for lysergic acid diethylamide is also banned.

First of all, I'd like to point out dimethyltryptamine is not an recreational drug in any form. You don't take this drug at parties or because you want to have a fun time. You take this drug if you are ready for the most thrilling, spiritual, enlightening, experience that you will experience EVER, in your whole lifetime. Lysergic dcid diethylamide is a synthezised chemical. Dimethyltryptamine is natural and is extracted from plants. It occurs in OUR body too.

''Just because you are tripping doesn't mean you are connecting to the spiritual world.''

How do you know? I can only say that if you take this substance in good dose, a clean safe environment, you will say otherwise. A dimethyltryptamine trip defines EVERYTHING that is spiritual, 1000 times more.

Maybe even J.R.R Tolkien took psilocybin or any other psychedelic. I'm not saying he did, but he could have done it.

edit on 19-12-2014 by Velom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

First of all, I'd like to point out dimethyltryptamine is not an recreational drug in any form. You don't take this drug at parties or because you want to have a fun time. You take this drug if you are ready for the most thrilling, spiritual, enlightening, experience that you will experience EVER, in your whole lifetime. Lysergic dcid diethylamide is a synthezised chemical. Dimethyltryptamine is natural and is extracted from plants. It occurs in OUR body too.

Yeah, no. I've been to plenty of music concerts and music festivals where people have taken '___' around me. It is most definitely a recreational drug regardless if it is naturally occurring or not. By the way, you are skating around the T&C right now. You aren't supposed to promote the usage of drugs whether you agree with them being recreational or not.

''Just because you are tripping doesn't mean you are connecting to the spiritual world.''

How do you know? I can only say that if you take this substance in good dose, a clean safe environment, you will say otherwise. A dimethyltryptamine trip defines EVERYTHING that is spiritual, 1000 times more.

How do I know? I've been to hippie music festivals. That is all I will say on that matter because of the T&C.

Maybe even J.R.R Tolkien took psilocybin or any other psychedelic. I'm not saying he did, but he could have done it.

He could have, but he is just one example of an author creating vast stories. I can keep going on. Stephen King, George Lucas, Gene Roddenberry, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchet, etc. Not all of them have tripped before.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Useless external quotes?

Exactly what part of the truth do you find useless?

This is exactly why I quit reading your posts long ago.

To give a better sense of what Huffington Post is really like, the Media Research Center’s Business and Media Institute analyzed the site for 24 straight hours. What we found ranged from liberal propaganda, sex, attacks on Christians on the National Day of Prayer, more sex, sympathy for executed murderer/rapist Clayton Lockett, attacks on Republicans, still more sex and, of course, the gay agenda. All in all, a typical day at the left’s signature site

A day's worth of sex, propaganda and insanity at Huffington Post

A prominent CNN commentator, the top two political reporters for The Huffington Post, a Reuters reporter, the editor of The Nation magazine, a producer for Al Jazeera America television, a U.S. News & World Report columnist, and approximately two dozen Huffington Post contributors are among the more than 1,000 members of Gamechanger Salon.

Founded by leftwing activist Billy Wimsatt, the group is a secretive digital gathering of writers, opinion leaders, activists and political hands who share information, ideas and strategy via a closed Google group. The group’s existence was discovered by Media Trackers through an open records request filed with a University of Wisconsin professor who happened to be a member of the network.

SECRET LEFT-WING JOURNALIST GROUP UNCOVERED

HUFFPO'S UNDERBELLY: EXPLOITATION & JOURNALISTIC CORRUPTION

Huffington Post markets itself as a progressive publication, but publishes corporate propagandists, government flacks, lobbyists for dictators, bankers, cult leaders...

Arianna Huffington - Founder of The Huffington Post

Arianna Huffington (neé Stassinopoulos) is the perfect New Media symbol for the Obama Era, having conned progressives with the promise of a new, different, post-ideological model—and then delivering a cold hard dish of the same old exploitation, betrayal and hypocrisy. Arianna* sold the Huffington Post to AOL for $315 million, sparking a fierce backlash from progressives who accused her of exploiting free labor under the pretense of political idealism and “citizen journalism.”

The Huffington Post has done some excellent investigative journalism, but violates basic journalism ethics by allowing corporate propaganda, lobbyists for dictators, bankers and quacks to share the same space with reporters. The Guardian called it the "grand master" of "blurring the line between advertising and editorial." Even Arianna’s long involvement in a New Age cult has been absorbed into Huffington Post's strategy, influencing the site's characteristic cult of personality and huckster model of convincing idealistic activists to work for free under the guise of a higher calling.

Arianna Huffington - S.H.A.M.E. Profile

For the last six months the Huffington Post, recently purchased by AOL for $315 million, has been running a vengeful propaganda campaign led by a far left wing anti-free speech organization called “Color of Change,” created by former Obama White House “green czar” Van Jones – whose resignation was sealed, to a great degree, by facts revealed in reporting at one of my websites.

Huffington Post Campaign Against Me Based on Big Lie

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Just wanted to point out that you quote brietbart...which is even more of a propaganda tool than Huff post to talk about huff post. Just saying.

Yes, HufPost is a propaganda machine to a large extent...very left leaning, however.. it pales in comparison to the right wing blogs, Fox news and all those lunatics on talk radio. The left isn't even close.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Useless external quotes?

Exactly what part of the truth do you find useless?

That's pretty funny coming from you.

This is exactly why I quit reading your posts long ago.

Yea, same goes for me reading your posts.

I see you didn't answer my question, but still decided to post your string of useless quotes from dubious sources as usual. So now that you've established that HuffPro is a left leaning rag, how about explaining how the article demonstrates your conclusion?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

A lot of people who take this substance do it wrong. They either have a bad extraction, or they have taken a dose which is too low. If you do this, the trip will not be very spiritual or enlightening. A music festival is pretty much the worst place you can imagine to take dimethyltryptamine. You have to take it in a dark, calm room with nobody around you. If you do it correctly, you will meet other beings, of whatever origin they may be. It cannot be put into words.
Terence McKenna comes closest to what is is actually like.

www.youtube.com...

I'm sorry if this goes against the rules, but I cannot stop telling the truth about this substance. Please reconsider what you have been told moderators. I pose no threat to anyone, I'm only telling the truth.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Let the games begin! The only rule to the debate is that it is science-based. Any "facts" presented must be substantiated with scientific evidence. Opinions, arguments with no facts, pulpit astrology is unacceptable.

That said, pick your topic.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

The article appeared in a variety of publications - I just happened to come across that one. Also, Ken Ham published his views on the subject at his website. So his belief that aliens do not exist or should go to Hell if they do, has been confirmed.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Then he loses the debate. It's as simple as that.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423
Let the games begin! The only rule to the debate is that it is science-based. Any "facts" presented must be substantiated with scientific evidence. Opinions, arguments with no facts, pulpit astrology is unacceptable.

Well, that pretty much discounts his entire argument. Ah well.

edit on 19-12-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

That said, pick your topic.

I am easy
How about The Big Bang
Abiogenesis
The formation of Chemicals
The validity of dating
Fossils archaeology
The evolution of the solar system

Really I dont care

Now remember i dont believe that the science around evolution is factual, are we debating that the science you believe is factual is indeed factual.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Well, that pretty much discounts his entire argument. Ah well.

Oh dear me, I am shaking in fear, shaking in the utter demise of my faith.

My argument?
I just want to see some one prove that science pertaining to evolution is just that, a science.
Religion and faith have nothing to do with science, I want the science evolutionists use studied, questioned.

That has nothing to do with religion.

How about the topic.
Prove evolutionary science is not a religious based form of quackery

I noticed you run from justifying your beliefs

edit on b2014Fri, 19 Dec 2014 18:45:50 -0600123120145pm312014-12-19T18:45:50-06:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
NO COMMENT

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

I just want to see some one prove that science pertaining to evolution is just that, a science.
Religion and faith have nothing to do with science, I want the science evolutionists use studied, questioned.

You aren't seriously doing this again are you???

This can't possibly be a good idea.

Phantom423, I don't think you realize what you're about to step in right now. Follow this link to understand what I'm saying.
edit on 19-12-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
One of the problems with creationism is it calls into question the legitimacy of science. There is a huge lack of actually understanding science, and too often poor attempts at discrediting it are made. "Evolution is a farce" because [insert creationist argument here]. Since there is a huge lack of trust in science, no amount of evidence will suffice their requirements of proof.

borntowatch says,
"Prove evolutionary science is not a religious based form of quackery"

This gives me an idea. Somebody (who isn't me) should create a thread showing how the various fields of science that are used to study and support evolution, are used elsewhere as well. More close to home so to speak. Such as genetic research and health care (just to use one example). It may go a long way to open their eyes if they could see how the same sciences are applied to things other than evolution.

Hopefully that made sense!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Oh boy more Ken Ham lunacy. You know he recently lost his tax exempt status for his Ark project plus there was some hoopla about state funding loss as well for his museum because it was exposed that he was discriminating on hiring practices on religious grounds. He is in a bad way right now. His ship may be sunk(ha).

I think have heard about this statement from him before somewhere. Doesn't matter he stopped using his brain long ago.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

This gives me an idea. Somebody (who isn't me) should create a thread showing how the various fields of science that are used to study and support evolution, are used elsewhere as well. More close to home so to speak. Such as genetic research and health care (just to use one example). It may go a long way to open their eyes if they could see how the same sciences are applied to things other than evolution.

Like how radiocarbon dating and medical X-ray technicians both use Radiation science?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Phantom, please ignore this guy. He will not "debate" you. He will deny all evidence without explanation regardless of how many links you post that prove him wrong. We've tried it many times. He doesn't debate, he flat out denies and then insists he is right.

I second this recommendation. Unless you want your thread to degenerate into a kindergarten face-pulling contest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join