It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Received a New Message from "Hackers"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

"Like an American company" is not an American company. Tangerines are like oranges too.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC,
Sony Network Entertainment International LLC.,
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, and Sony Online Entertainment LLC.

A limited liability company (LLC) is the U.S.-specific form of a private limited company.
en.wikipedia.org...

AHA! I found the chart! It shows which of Sony's subsidiaries were incorporated in the USA, under US corporate law!

Country of (As of March 31, 2004)
Name of company, Country of incorporation, Percentage owned
Sony EMCS Corporation Japan 100.
Sony Marketing (Japan) Inc. Japan 100.0
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Japan 99.7 *
Sony Life Insurance Co., Ltd. Japan 100.0
Sony Americas Holding Inc. U.S.A. 100.0
Sony Corporation of America U.S.A. 100.0
Sony Electronics Inc. U.S.A. 100.0
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. U.S.A. 99.7 *
Sony Music Entertainment Inc. U.S.A. 100.0
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. U.S.A. 100.0

Sony Europe Holding B.V. Holland 100.0
Sony Europe G.m.b.H. Germany 100.0
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd. U.K. 99.7 *
Sony Global Treasury Services Plc U.K. 100.0
Sony Holding (Asia) B.V. Holland 100.0
Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. Singapore 100.0

www.sec.gov...

Sony Pictures is a US corporation.

edit on 19-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thank you. I am admittedly too angry right now to provide cogent responses.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The hacker message is effectively a victory lap, telling the studio, "Now we want you never let the movie released, distributed or leaked in any form of, for instance, DVD or piracy."

The message also says, "And we want everything related to the movie, including its trailers, as well as its full version down from any website hosting them immediately."

It warns the studio executives that "we still have your private and sensitive data" and claims that they will "ensure the security of your data unless you make additional trouble."

Okay. This is really starting to piss me off.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit I am so with you on this, True..I want to see that movie for sure now. I was a bit shocked that they decided to pull it and I couldn't care less what the leaked emails, data is either. From what I've heard it's nothing that awful, so what if someone thinks Ms. Jolie is a spoiled brat and mediocre actor. We can read that nonsense in the National Enquirer all day long. Has to be something more, I dunno.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

"Like an American company" is not an American company. Tangerines are like oranges too.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC,
Sony Network Entertainment International LLC.,
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, and Sony Online Entertainment LLC.

A limited liability company (LLC) is the U.S.-specific form of a private limited company.
en.wikipedia.org...

AHA! I found the chart! It shows which of Sony's subsidiaries were incorporated in the USA, under US corporate law!

Country of (As of March 31, 2004)
Name of company, Country of incorporation, Percentage owned
Sony EMCS Corporation Japan 100.
Sony Marketing (Japan) Inc. Japan 100.0
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Japan 99.7 *
Sony Life Insurance Co., Ltd. Japan 100.0
Sony Americas Holding Inc. U.S.A. 100.0
Sony Corporation of America U.S.A. 100.0
Sony Electronics Inc. U.S.A. 100.0
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. U.S.A. 99.7 *
Sony Music Entertainment Inc. U.S.A. 100.0
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. U.S.A. 100.0

Sony Europe Holding B.V. Holland 100.0
Sony Europe G.m.b.H. Germany 100.0
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd. U.K. 99.7 *
Sony Global Treasury Services Plc U.K. 100.0
Sony Holding (Asia) B.V. Holland 100.0
Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. Singapore 100.0

www.sec.gov...

Sony Pictures is a US corporation.

Doesn't matter, The Parent Corporation in Tokyo has authority over those baby corporations.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Granted, but Sony Pictures is an American Corporation that was incorporated under American law that follows American Laws. This is an American problem, that effects the rights of American business and commerce, not a Japanese problem.
edit on 19-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not suprising, at all. Once Sony caved in, they set the precedent for these type of demands being met. They never should have caved in the first place and should have released the movie. If they had I would have gone to see it simply because of the threats that were made.

Wonder what it will be next? Another movie? A book? An article in a magazine?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Personally I think that Sony and many other companies need to go back to old school and start doing things the old fashion way, using typewriters, and sending memo’s taking things off of the web. Especially for sensitive data and emails. That way it removes the threat from attacks like this. The hardest hack is one where someone has to go into a building, go through files and hope they get the right information. This way it not only allows for them to keep things secret, but at the same time, reduces the chances of it being released, especially if it is embarrassing to the company.

The other thing, is that Sony needs to beat those hackers to the punch, release those embarasing emails to the public and look at them saying, we are not going to back down, and release the picture in full force, making the information they have totally useless to them.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

THanks SCientific,,, I guess it is an American product as the actors producers offices etc are all American. And the content all seems to be American oriented. However, because a corporation has a branch in the US does not make it an American corporation. For sure American orginated corporations that have branches overseas, doing buisness within non "American cultures are still American corporations.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

dup...
edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 19 Dec 2014 16:05:12 -0600Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:05:12 -060014122014-12-19T16:05:12-06:004u05 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is hands down the BEST (and likely the most successful) movie advertising PR stunt.....EVER.

They will, most likely, screen this film.

What a great excuse to subject draconian laws to reign control of the internet, thus speech. A "cyber attack" on Hollyweird, by NK.

edit on thppmFri, 19 Dec 2014 16:44:33 -0600k1412America/Chicago1944 by Sparkymedic because: lol

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't think Sony intended for any of this to happen. I think whoever is behind this has something pretty big on Sony and possibly many people who have worked with or for Sony. There is more than just this movie being taken away from the theaters and those e-mails concerning celebrities that have spilled out. Sony probably lost a lot of money because of the release of some of their other movies like Fury and Annie etc... The Playstation Online gaming network was also taken down during this time frame.

That's a lot of money lost for Sony. It's not common for major corporations to just walk away from making money is it?
edit on 19-12-2014 by Calhoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Last week I absolutely would not defend the crap that is shovelled out of hollywood. this story, as dumb and staged as it is, is no different.

I mean really, Sony. It wasn't just good enough to slap a yellow label on the CD that claims it is "banned in 97 countries"?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
No truth to the rumor that Mos sad got hacked not long ago and various conspiracy sites are going down worldwide trying to make information about this vanish grounded flights in London, gold bank in England going offline as well as The Pirate bay

Lots of people getting hacked and a rubbish movie going in the bin

What's not to believe

edit on 19/12/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Now north korea gets its way it will just go on to make more demands.

Never give into a bully.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: damwel
Because like so many I am seeing are too stupid to realize that SONY is a Japanese company not an Ameican governmental body. Obama, as much as you would like to blame him, has no control over the actions of a Japanese company. Just another right wing fail.

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

11% of sony's employees are american.
Sony does commerce on American soil.
One of Obama's main duties as president is to protect American commerce from things just like what's happening now.
I don't blame obama for anything but his inactivity on the subject.
You lefties need to stop protecting your chosen one.

I dont like obama but his hands are tied.

Sony is a private company and as long as they follow the law the president cant tell them what to do.

If obama forced sony with a executive order to release the film there would be uproar for interferi g.

As for cyber security? Again its sony buisness, the US gov are not responsibe for the stupidty of sony.
Would the US gov be responsible if you went out and left the door unlocked and a thief broke in ?

All they can do is police work after the crime.

Fact is obama may be inactive but there is not alot of actions he can take.
edit on 19-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

"Sony Corporation of America" is the North American branch of "Sony Corporation" in Japan. While there is likely Japanese leadership at the very top of SCA, "Sony Pictures Entertainment", which is a branch of SCA, is likely entirely run by Americans.

So, no. It's not a Japanese film. It was written by Americans, produced by Americans, stars Americans, etc.

It's American.

But top Japanese execs could have shut the movie down, or sold off the entire American portion of the company making the movie. These non Americans, by their position, are influencing a potential military confrontation.

Sony should be banned from the US over this.

Because nothing says free market and freedom of expression than banning a company over a film!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
No truth to the rumor that Mos sad got hacked not long ago and various conspiracy sites are going down worldwide trying to make information about this vanish grounded flights in London, gold bank in England going offline as well as The Pirate bay

Lots of people getting hacked and a rubbish movie going in the bin

What's not to believe

Anyone got any leads on Mossad getting hacked

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Maybe if our companies didn't hide so much BS then no levarage could be used. Sony all japan. No, no your not. a reply to: abe froman

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I remember the days when people had backbones and a small bit of courage. A big corp good at getting money from people but bad when it is turned back toward it. Actually it's kinda cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join