It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Dreamers....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well, this is interesting. Sorry, I was born here. I have followed our rules, whether I like them or not.

Screw this "we're people too" feel good crap being seemingly fueled by younger people who are going to school with the illegals.

Yes, everyone is a person. Everyone has basic rights and needs. But, when you go to someone else's home, you are simply obliged to heed their rules.

Arizona Dreamers want licenses for everyone, including illegals

Young immigrants known as dreamers will be able to begin applying for driver's licenses on Monday, according to a court ruling handed down Thursday by U.S. District Court Judge David G. Campbell. Campbell issued a preliminary injunction ordering Arizona to stop denying driver's licenses to young immigrants known as dreamers.

The ruling means the state is now compelled to begin allowing dreamers who have received work permits through President Barack Obama's 2012 deferred action program to apply for driver's licenses. Gov. Jan Brewer has fought to keep driver's licenses out of the hands of dreamers since August, 2012, when she issued an executive order denying driver's licenses to anyone approved for Obama's program.

And in a statement issued Thursday evening, the outgoing governor made it clear she is not giving up the fight yet. "The right to determine who is issued a driver license is reserved for the states – not the federal government or an unelected judiciary," she said in the statement..

Gov. Jan Brewer. Good call on saying that the US Gov't should shove it. This is why we HAVE individual states...apparently people have forgotten this....

- NF

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Applying for a license or permit is different than being issued one. Like she said…

the outgoing governor made it clear she is not giving up the fight yet. "The right to determine who is issued a driver license is reserved for the states – not the federal government or an unelected judiciary," she said in the statement..

Thats how regulations work. Apply your ass off. "Dreamer" Immigrants have one status.

Un registered slave worker.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

And the gov squashed the idea of state rights long ago.
People can control where they were born, let's stop acting like it was gods gift that you were born in the USA.

And how does applying for a lisence not fall under the following the rules principle you are preaching?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Whether states have the right or not.... You and I follow our rules. Guests in our country should follow our rules as well. Illegal, or otherwise, they are still guests.

Go ahead, try to illegally immigrate anywhere besides the US. Let us just see how quickly you're allowed citizenship. Why in the hell should we as americans allow those who come here illegally to have special rights? Sure, we were a nation based off of immigrants. But, the vast majority of us came here legally.

- NF

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

WOW....That is some big balls.

First their parents cross here illegally, violating the law, stay here illegally, violating the law some more, work illegally, continue breaking the law, the kids grow up, being here illegally, both know full well that they are here illegally and they want full rights of the US citizen???

This is insane.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

You know, I've really been paying attention to this topic. It seems to be truly fronted by the younger generation of about thirty and younger (christ, that makes me feel old even saying that). I cannot help but think that it is because they grew up going to school with an even faster growing population of immigrants here in the United States. It seems that this newer generation is very much driven by the altruistic idea of "they're people too....how can a PERSON, a HUMAN BEING be ILLEGAL?".

Don't get me wrong. I personally love the opportunity to make new friends from other cultures and learn about them, their life, and their culture. I've even got a few muslim friends. I cannot say that I agree with their religious beliefs and practices at all, but, I love them as people. I love the fact that I personally now have a better understanding of the entire situation at hand, rather than going by heresay and main stream media fear tactics. I am NOT against these people.

I AM against the idea of them breaking our laws. Period. I've taught my daughter that when she goes to ANYBODY's home, she is to follow THEIR rules. IF she doesn't like those rules, she should politely excuse herself and come talk to her mother and I to discuss it, and maybe have a better understanding of the bigger picture. Suffice it to say, if you go to even such a similar culture as the UK, and break a law, your ass ends up in their jail system.

This is how it is, and should be. Period.

I myself have a daughter who's mother kidnapped and took back to her native country with. I, as her father, have no special rights or opportunities to gain citizenship in her country. I weighed my options earlier in the situation. I could have moved there, and simply overstayed my visa, and attempted to work in my field under the table. I gave it LOTS of thought and consideration.

What would that have taught my oldest child, once she realized the way I moved there, and lived?

I love people. I feel bad about the situation. I feel horrible about the idea that there are cultures where life is so horrible and lacking in financial opportunities to make themselves better off that the only real opportunity for them is to break another country's laws which the constituents of that country made and live by. I truly do.

I absolutely love people. I've known a few folks that were here illegally, and I can say that they were good, hard working people. I truly cared about them. I still do.

But the simple fact is, if you broke the law, you should be held responsible and pay back your debt to the society at hand.

This is in no way a feel good situation. I wish there was a way, but there isn't. The new immigration rules put into effect are going to do nothing but put greater strain and stress on our society. That means these people are putting their needs ahead of ours, with little concern.

That is just wrong, as I'd never do that to someone else.

-NF

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I agree.

Great post.

new topics

top topics

join