It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Children found stabbed to death in Cairns, Australia. - Breaking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

So sad that things like this transpire, even more so at this time of year.

My heart goes out to the poor souls, R.I.P little ones.

edit on 19-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is awful. I just don't understand how someone can do something like this to anyone. 8 children is just sickening.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

To much Prozac combined with various other mind altering chemicals and/or drugs has been known too influence others to commit such acts of depravity. Possibly this is a similar event?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
sounds like news speak for people of lesser breed.

Oh relax, no ones talking this inferior race nonsense as far as I can tell.

You gotta admit though, it is kind of ironic that I already knew it was a blackfella incident just by the headline of this thread, before I even saw it on CNN.

I ain't no racist neither! I was totally against the intervention (it was an extremely degrading way to address a very serious problem) and when I go camping up north and head into town for supplies, you won't find me hanging out with the white blokes in the local pub, but I'll much rather be chillin with my koori cousins in the local park. Some of the most fascinating characters I have interacted with on my journeys have been blackfellas. They are a incredibly open minded & curious people, but there's just some barrier that's stopping them from cracking into the white fella culture. If I had to just guess what the problem was, I would say a lot of it is racism & discrimination on our part, combined with generational poverty.

Regardless, there's a serious issue up north that must be addressed eventually. In a much more respectful & culturally sensitive manner than Johnny (bigoted) Howard tried to address it.
edit on 19-12-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: munkey66

There are no suspects only persons of interest at this point in time.

everything so far is just speculation as the police themselves are keeping tight lipped and not wanting to say too much.

we have had the media contacting everyone from neighbors to school principles trying to get a story.

How do I know?
I live in Cairns and work a stones throw from the incident.

I have been hearing all sorts of stories so far.

My heart goes out to the family and friends touched by the incident and think they deserve less speculation and more facts

Thanks Munkey. I'd think it especially heart wrenching having this so close to home.

I've tried not to speculate. After years on here, I've discovered both early info and speculation can be completely wrong.

There was mentioned in a couple reports of 2 adults taken from the home. Maybe, maybe not.

I watch all the forensic shows on TV because I like facts. Will wait for those.

----------------------

As far as how can a mother harm her children. Many years back when my kids were young, I had a bad infection in my falopian tubes. It did a number on the hormones. My brain went crazy and I wanted to harm my kids, among other strange thoughts. Being of strong mind I asked my mom to remove my kids and not return them until the medical problem was resolved. It gave me empathy in understanding.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Seven Network reported that the children were part of the local community of Torres Strait Islanders, an indigenous people from the region.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The fact that there was 8 children says a lot 7 of them hers and she was only 34 no mention of the Father that I have seen! Birth control would have helped. When your kids start begging for things you can't give them and the teens start saying I hate you a Mother can be pretty overwhelmed.
There are many other stories out there like this one and this time of year adds the pressure.

In June, media revealed the suburb was at the centre of a secret government report into youth sexual abuse and domestic violence.
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

What the hell is going on in the world? seriously.. I am just at a loss.

You and me both brother. People are going crazy. This society breeds psychopaths - no doubt about that. Why that is so, I have no idea - but it's not good. RIP everyone who has fallen victim to this rising epidemic of violent & evil nutjobs. There's just no reason for this madness - it's so downright inhuman that it's beyond disturbing.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
The fact that there was 8 children says a lot 7 of them hers and she was only 34 no mention of the Father that I have seen! Birth control would have helped. When your kids start begging for things you can't give them and the teens start saying I hate you a Mother can be pretty overwhelmed.

Sorry, but that's awful damn close to victim blaming in my book. Seems like compassion and love towards children alleviates both of those excuses... EVERY parent should be able to provide both in spades.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Sorry, but that's awful damn close to victim blaming in my book. Seems like compassion and love towards children alleviates both of those excuses... EVERY parent should be able to provide both in spades.

Well I am sorry you misinterpret what I said as such. My point is having so many children by age 34 is overwhelming and ridiculous because raising children is very stressful. If there are not two good parents who can raise and pay for them, no one should be allowed to give birth to all those poor kids!

My Father died when i was 7 and my Mother had 7 of us so I guess i should know.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

There are many other stories out there like this one and this time of year adds the pressure.

She probably deliberately had 7 kids (to 7 different fathers, no doubt), because women end up being paid a small fortune in welfare.

It's a big problem in this white trash town I live in. Chicks everywhere that look barely 20, with 4 kids and no father insight. It's just disgraceful, on the part of the mother and the lowlifes that are knocking these women up and just disappearing without holding themselves accountable.

But what you gonna do? You can't take there welfare off them, since it would just hurt the kids and its not there fault. You also can't forcefully sterilize poor people either, you know, because of rights and all that nonsense.

Yeah, I'm as left as they come. But when it comes to people having kids they can't afford, I become very conservative.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The mother has been arrested for the murder of the children.

She is still in hospital and well, what else can one say.

P

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Glad she survived now she will have to live with what she has done for the rest of her worthless life, i hope she suffers through every second of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

On the one hand yes .....

On the other hand ... what has her life been like to get her to where she is now.

There is no excuse for taking a single child's life, let alone 8.

But I still have some small amount of compassion within me.

The biggest problem here is that society just does not give a flying fart for our children.

It hides behind secret courts, secret Departments, protected case workers etc etc.

She was known to Police and it is very likely known to the Department and yet, this happens and the Department will just say, "Sorry, we can't discuss individual cases."

First and foremost I blame society. Meaning no offense at all, ask yourself what you have done to help children subject to the so called care system. Perhaps the whole of Australia should ask this of themselves.

It is just so damn sad.

P

edit on 20/12/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Very sad.
The scene was found and reported by her 20yo son, so she has even more children.
They are Torres Strait Islanders.
These are a unique tribe, not of the Australian Mainland.
They are not quite Australian Natives, and not quite New Guinea native....but a bit of each.
No excuse tho, she obviously had issues.

edit on 20-12-2014 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Your right it is a societal problem but the department is not entirely to blame as i have learned from a very personal experience.....it is sad that we are seemingly breeding a society that is completely brainwashed by money and all of its trappings

The department is stretched and deals with many many children,so many parents who just do not give a #,it is completely heartbreaking !

On a limited budget and staff they have to try and save the children in the worst possible place,so many fall under the cracks because of this....

When my boy was taken in to care from his mother by the department they rang me on the day it happened,i turned around and said ok i will come and get him,my reply was no it doesnt work that way,it did not matter that the mother took of 800 ks away and i didnt know where,i was told he was in the departments care and that was that....

So i packed up my business and my life and moved,it took 12 months of absolute hell,jumping through ridiculous hoops and finally they decided they would return the child to me....i had to prove above and beyond a shadow of a doubt that i was capable and willing to be a good father to my boy,as it turns out i am the first parent in 15 years in this area to get a child back out of the system

They were really hard to deal with at first but after the decision was made to return my boy they opened up to me and i learned alot from that experience...at first i thought they were just a useless good for nothing organization but after getting a glimpse of the inside i could not have been more wrong...our society is quite ill and some changes need to be made

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I also have seen it from the inside, in fact multiple views points.

It is broken, in fact, it always has been.

You where the child's Father. You had no rights though.

They kept your child for 12 months, in their hopeless system.

If the child is still with you then I understand your need to praise them.

P

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I love cairns, to hear something like this let alone in such a beautiful place is just devastating!

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Yeah, I'm as left as they come. But when it comes to people having kids they can't afford, I become very conservative.

Totally have to agree there. There needs to be means testing or something, although I am sure a perfect implementable solution doesn't exist.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

In June, media revealed the suburb was at the centre of a secret government report into youth sexual abuse and domestic violence.
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

well like all media reports trying to get the headlines
The mother was 37 and not 34
Although it is sad that five fathers where distraught, that includes the father of the cousin who was killed.

mental health is a problem and she is currently being assessed at the local hospital ,
she was putting furniture on the lawn to give away so she could make a fresh start.
Neighbours said they heard the pleading screams of a woman at 9pm on Thursday.

“Don’t let them take them away from us,” she cried. “God bless us. Forgive me for what I’ll do.”

This is speculation, but from talking to different people who knew the family she had just started back at church and was becoming obsessed with the devil and demons, she may have been trying to protect her children in her own mind.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It is broken, in fact, it always has been.

yes it is very broken

You where the child's Father. You had no rights though.

no rights and they treated me like a criminal

If the child is still with you then I understand your need to praise them.

yes he is still with me and it is all signed off and he is staying with me....i am not praising them just saying it is not entirely their fault...docs is like any government office is underfunded and set up to fail

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join