It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop caught with 4 pounds of marijuana at home won’t be charged

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

The county’s chief public defender, Robin Lipetzky was probably in on it. The cop and him are probably smoking buddies.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

If I was a cop I would steal people's dope too lol

...and a little moonlighting doesn't go astray...

Of course, this would probably be the first time in history this was done...give the guy a break (sarc)...

Å99

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
It would be hard to convict this guy though. Sure he was in possession of 4lb's of pot but he also isn't a just a civilian. Not saying he is anything more but rather something else, A cop. He has more reason to have marijuana in his car than almost all of you out there. Most of us would be convicted quickly but a mistake by a cop is bound to happen. Proving intents would be very tough!

There is also the chance he was using it for his own benefit. With some cops now days its not unreasonable to question his intent. Proving is much different.

The road to hell are paved with best intentions.. ..

IF THE RULE FOR THE CITIZENS IS NOT TO HAVE 4lbs of dope in the car OR the trunk .. THAT RULE applies to ALL LEO's as well... period.

It's called .. 'UPHOLD the Law or Be vigilant to ensure that the Laws created by the people and for the people are consistently followed by the citizens which you PROTECT & SERVE, by being the shining personal example of those very laws, even to Death if Necessary!

edit on 18-12-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

He has more reason to have marijuana in his car than almost all of you out there.

Well, no. No he doesn't. In the sense that he will be in possession of it on the way to log it into evidence, yeah, I can see that. But, man, he took it home and kept it for months. I'm thinking that sort of #s up the chain of evidence, right there.

But, you know, I'm not actually po'd about the cop.

This shows you how IA and the DA are in bed with the cops and the police unions. THAT is why we can't have nice things. It's not the guys on the street so much. You fight like you train, we used to say, and that led to other sadder sayings like 'if it ain't raining you ain't training' or "travel light, freeze at night'. But I digress. You behave like you are allowed to act, is the corollary. If you are encouraged to lie, you will lie if it's convenient, eventually. You might not start there, but you'll end up there. If you are allowed to be slack in some areas that you might not ought to be, but it doesn't matter, then slack you will become if you are not Superman. It won't start that way. But it ends up that way.

If FOP says "Hey, we've discovered that there MIGHT be something that looks like a cell phone, but it's really a gun. We've never ever actually SEEN one, but hey, if Joe Citizen won't stop recording you, whop the crap out of him and smash the phone, then pretend you thought it was a cell phone gun. If you are questioned on it, call the questioner a Monday morning quarterback". And one day, someone is being a #, and recording you and being a # about it, and you know, it was a rough day, so you flare up and WHAP crunch, no more recording, and when you are questioned about it, hey what do you know, IT WORKS. So, you know, next time, it maybe doesn't take as much provocation. Then basically none, and it's SOP.

If the union guys say "Hey, someone gives you lip, shoot the dog, teach 'em a lesson". You can't imagine yourself doing that. But one day, it's some squidbilly #hole, and they won't shut up about you getting off the lawn, and they pay your salary, and they know someone, and they're a sovereign citizen and it was a # day and the wife's on the rag and am I being detained or am I free to go and you know, there's the pit bull giving you the eye. Bang. Take that, asshole. Now you got a dead dog, whaddaya think NOW you lippy throwback?

And you get away with it. So next time, hey, here's an option to get you into line, what if I shoot your damned schnauzer? Maybe the cat? THAT ought to get your attention.

You behave the way you get away with. It's human nature. If they always look the other way if you tune someone up, you eventually perceive yourself having that option.

edit on 18-12-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It would be hard to convict this guy though. Sure he was in possession of 4lb's of pot but he also isn't a just a civilian. Not saying he is anything more but rather something else, A cop. He has more reason to have marijuana in his car than almost all of you out there. Most of us would be convicted quickly but a mistake by a cop is bound to happen. Proving intents would be very tough!

There is also the chance he was using it for his own benefit. With some cops now days its not unreasonable to question his intent. Proving is much different.

Are you serious? Maybe you have been smoking too much?!?!? It's clear, he had it, kept it, got caught with it, and now he walks cause thats the way it is these days.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It is what it is. How many politicians are drug users and we don't see them in the news? Only the ones that are stupid about it are. As for this guy who happens to be a cop in one of the most liberal states in the US. Of course he isn't going to be charged. If he was a cop in a conservative state they would hang him out to dry.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Or the DA made a deal with this cop to get info on something even dirtier.

Or maybe the Shield DVD marathons are getting to me.
What would Vic do?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
that really is making a case for "us verses them"...4 pounds and they turn a blind eye.....what a bunch of crooks all of em

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I don't know what you just said, but I agree with it !!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I would be double p1$$d if i were the people that had it taken from them, they're getting done and probably going to do alot of time for it then theres the cop that would have arrested them for it sitting back with all their stuff probably enjoying it.. Not cool mr police man, i totally don't believe his cover story we all know what he had it there for.. Then again it would be pretty tempting i wont lie.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
I would be double p1$$d if i were the people that had it taken from them, they're getting done and probably going to do alot of time for it then theres the cop that would have arrested them for it sitting back with all their stuff probably enjoying it.. Not cool mr police man, i totally don't believe his cover story we all know what he had it there for.. Then again it would be pretty tempting i wont lie.

Considering what this does to the chain of evidence, anyone arrested probably has an easy out. They'll even make some money out of it due to wrongful imprisonment.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Mr po li ce ma n gotsta get high too..................doncha no...............?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

SGT Stedenko: "The only way to catch a doper is when you yourself become a smoker. The surest way to make them bleed is when you bust their ass and steal their weed."

Chief drug squad detective in (The film) Nice Dreams - Cheech and Chong

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I think they would have been more inclined to charge him if they had found 2 or 3 lbs of pot...

But since he still had the entire amount in the box, then investigators were likely more inclined to believe he was guilty of bad bookkeeping. Having said that, he should likely have been suspended for a few days without pay, for not following procedure.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Medicinal purposes....LOL
All kidding aside, if that was you or me with 4 lbs of MJ, we'd be doing federal time
...still waiting to hear someone justify him having it

I can tell which cop he is, he's the one not killing or beating anyone.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
that really is making a case for "us verses them"...4 pounds and they turn a blind eye.....what a bunch of crooks all of em

This is a problem. A big one. If you can generalize and make all cops bad because of a few bad ones, then why do you complain when the cops do it back?

Somebody needs to grow a brain and stop the cycle. Life isn't one big stereotype.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

That is not true, the excuse that he needed 4 pounds to train his dog is a sufficient excuse for conservative states. Where I am from it is well known that cops give CIs and deep undercovers confiscated stashes to sell, it is not always cannabis.

The double standard of the laws is so obvious today. It's not just law enforcement and the problem goes all through our government.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm glad he won't be charged, nobody should be charged for having parts of a plant just laying around in a bag. And hopefully judges and other police will remember this fellow when thinking of charging others for having parts of a plant laying around in bags.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hell we should all become cops, as you can get away with stealing and possessing weed, assault and even murder....

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Can't we just test the guy and see if he uses it?

If he tests positive for use of MJ in the last few months (I know these tests go back a ways...) then this should be a closed case- theft, abuse of power, *and* mj possession- in an amount that anyone else would be accused of having an intent to distribute.

Since it was in his home and not his cruiser, I still say he stole it and tampered with evidence either way- but I know a lot of people are willing to put up with this crap from our masters in the name of the law.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join