It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Lies in Obama’s Cuba Speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Seems Obama used his usual sensationalizing and even some generalizing when he was addressing the "New Deal" with Cuba.

Some obvious and some not so....

Top 10 Lies in Obama’s Cuba Speech

How "accurate"?

President Barack Obama unveiled a new U.S. policy toward Cuba on Wednesday as part of a deal that brought American Alan Gross home in exchange for three convicted Cuban spies. As he has done so often in the past, Obama tried to channel the perspective of America’s enemies and critics, as if his job were to act as a neutral mediator instead of defending U.S. interests and values. In the course of his address, Obama told American ten major lies, both of omission and commission.

1. No mention of the Cuban missile crisis.

2. Suggesting that the president can establish a U.S. embassy on his own.

3. No mention of Cuba’s role in repressing democracy abroad.

4. Suggesting that Cuba does not support terrorism.

5. False claim that the U.S. is to blame for lack of information in Cuba.

6. False promise to consult Congress on Cuba, when his administration broke that promise.

7. False claim that Cuba agreed to release political prisoners as part of a deal with the U.S.

8. False commitment to principle of changing policies that do not work.

9. Conflating the collapse of the Castro regime with the collapse of Cuba.

10. Falsely identifying the U.S. as a colonial power.

details in the story

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
No mention of Bill Clinton or his Cuban Cigar.

This man is so desperate to be relevant.

He is just rewriting History...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Your op was missing this.

8. False commitment to principle of changing policies that do not work. “I do not believe we can keep doing the same thing for over five decades and expect a different result.”

Oh hell I have to call this snip out.

Funny how he doesn't feel the same way about, gun control,tax the rich,social programs,etc.

Hell his parties ENTIRE platform.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

2. Suggesting that the president can establish a U.S. embassy on his own. “Going forward, the United States will reestablish an embassy in Havana and high ranking officials will visit Cuba.” An embassy needs to be funded by Congress, and needs an ambassador to be approved by the Senate. None of that is going to happen–nor should it, especially after the disastrous experiment in re-establishing an embassy in Syria, which Obama did in 2009, to no good effect whatsoever.

So #2 basically starts off by saying the President can't reestablish an embassy but then in the very next sentence says that's exactly what he did and "to no good effect whatsoever?"

lol.

1. Not a lie.
2. see above.
3. Not a lie.
4. Hacking Sony, a Japanese owned company, is not a "cyber attack on the US" and it actually took place far before the President's speech. The whole thing is a complete stretch and also, not a lie.
5. This is something of a lie on Obama's part.
6. "As these changes unfold, I look forward to engaging Congress in an honest and serious debate about lifting the embargo" The embargo hasn't been lifted and while he has some leeway, Obama can't lift the embargo himself. Not a lie.
7. Raul Castro promised the Vatican and Spain 4 years ago that all political prisoners would be released. This obviously didn't happen in the last 4 years. How is this a lie?
8. I guess this one was supposed to be clever political commentary. Not a lie.
9. Who's really doing the conflating here? Not a lie.
10. "Others have seen us as a form of colonizer intent on controlling your future" Again, this is not a lie. Ask some others.

So let's count up the lies. Obama 1, Joel B. Pollack @ Brietbart 9. Obama has some definite credibility issues but less than the average Brietbart contributor.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Man they have some stupid people at Breitbart. He has to mention it for it to be a lie so if he doesn't talk about it then he isn't lying about it.
In case one of the idiots from Breitbart happen to read this here is the definition of a lie for them.

lie
noun
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
Maybe they should change their name to not so Brightbart.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Perhaps Breitbart's objective is actually to ensure that all us durned furreners do think that America is collectively stupid??

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

4. Hacking Sony, a Japanese owned company, is not a "cyber attack on the US" and it actually took place far before the President's speech. The whole thing is a complete stretch and also, not a lie.

Actually it is since theatres are American owned, and operated, and already shelled out the cash for the flim.

6. "As these changes unfold, I look forward to engaging Congress in an honest and serious debate about lifting the embargo" The embargo hasn't been lifted and while he has some leeway, Obama can't lift the embargo himself. Not a lie.

That's a lie too for 6 years OBama hasn't given a snip what congress thinks. About the only thing he has done is mock them.

And then there are comments like this:

Obama Flashback: ‘If you don’t like my policies, go out there and win an election.’

7. Raul Castro promised the Vatican and Spain 4 years ago that all political prisoners would be released. This obviously didn't happen in the last 4 years. How is this a lie?

ITs cause Russia, and Venezula is SCREWED.

time.com...

0. "Others have seen us as a form of colonizer intent on controlling your future" Again, this is not a lie. Ask some others.

Perception is NOT truth/ Hence LIE.

I saw lots of LIES.

Anyone those thinks the administration is some kind of 'miracle worker' is laughable.

link   

Now keep in mind I think Obama is full of Cr@p just like Bush, the DNC and the RNC are.

With that said I also don't think that removing the embargo has anything to do with our gov't trying to help anyone , but rather protecting or creating investment or returns for the lobbyist .

However, one thing is for certain the embargo hasn't done anything to anyone but the cuban people themselves. Fidel and Raul have not lost any conveniences , luxuries nor have they suffered any financial crisis themselves? The cuban people themselves on the other hand have.

The US gov't (Republican and democrats) have no problems working and supporting the Chinese economy in the pursuit of cheap manufacturing jobs and cheap trade despite its mirror image with cuba when it comes to humanitarian concerns.

So out of curiosity
1. why do you think the Republicans care so much about an embargo with Cuba?
2. What is your view on the republican controlled congress being intertwined or thrown into this decision?
3. Why are you so anti democrat and so pro republican? At least that is my perception of your post and threads? Not attacking you , but genuinely curious on this apparent bias to me?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Obama Flashback: ‘If you don’t like my policies, go out there and win an election.’

I guess many people have done that.

Especially last month

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yeah that's why we are even talking about Cuba.

He'd a tried that snip next year?

LOL that'd be WAR with the GOP.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
>>
Actually it is since theatres are American owned
>>

You know who the owner of AMC is, right? Oh the irony!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

So out of curiosity

1. why do you think the Republicans care so much about an embargo with Cuba?
no opinion

2. What is your view on the republican controlled congress being intertwined or thrown into this decision?
The full Republican Congress isn't installed yet

3. Why are you so anti democrat and so pro republican? At least that is my perception of your post and threads? Not attacking you , but genuinely curious on this apparent bias to me?
It's anti-Corruption. I'm not a Republican or Democrat. Democrats in power display more corruption and Authoritarianism. Proven many times.

^^ answers in Red

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I guess many people have done that.

Especially last month

He still hasn't faced the fact that his vision for America is over.

It has been soundly rejected by everyday Americans.

Obama said "this Election is about my policies".

He has also said ""Elections have Consequences".

American's have rejected this man and all his failed policies.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
>>
Actually it is since theatres are American owned
>>

You know who the owner of AMC is, right? Oh the irony!

So?

AMC isn't the only theatre chain.

Think China is going to be pleased their puppet regime just cost them millions ?
edit on 18-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

But it's all mostly meaningless until Congress lifts the embargo.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply!

However, I'm surprised that you have no opinion on the republican embargo point of view but care so much about the democrats point of view and their lies ?

It's anti-Corruption. I'm not a Republican or Democrat. Democrats in power display more corruption and Authoritarianism. Proven many times.

If that were true it would only mean that Republicans are scarier because they are better with their poker faces and not getting caught. However , it appears that the corruption is pretty equally distributed:
www.crewsmostcorrupt.org...

In regards to Authoritarianism, it has been the republican leading the charge in taking away your personal freedom and privacy with the patriot act, SOPA / PIPA and the undoing of net neutrality and squashing state rights.

Not to mention republicans are the first to lead in overtaking foreign gov't in favor of their prefer leaders. Of course this only happens in places where there is BIG money to be made, coincidence I'm sure and not corruption.

To bad Cuba didn't have a big oil reserve or those uncorrectable republicans would surely have overtaken the Castro regime a long time ago in the name of doing good.

Man, if only those do gooder kumbaya signing republicans took full control of congress and the presidential seat: all the corruption would go away and our problems would be solved or get better.

Oh wait the Republicans have had full control and the same issues that exist today existed then as well , and nothing has been fixed regardless which party has had control.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

However, I'm surprised that you have no opinion on the republican embargo point of view but care so much about the democrats point of view and their lies ?

I don't think the Republicans have a full consensus yet.

But I bet there's at least 6 existing legislations that may have to be dissected before a full lift can happen. And I bet some of those "laws" may actually give some Executive Branch latitudes.

We will see soon enough if this "New Deal" will benefit the Marxist Cuban Government more than it will benefit the Cuban Citizens. Enough foreign Corporate interests could benefit both to a point.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Funny how he doesn't feel the same way about, gun control,tax the rich,social programs,etc.

Hell his parties ENTIRE platform.

I think that you might be under the impression that words (smoke and mirrors) equate to action.

Besides the difference in rhetoric and decibels between the two party neither party has really done any major changes for Gun control,tax the rich,social programs while they had full control.

When the republicans had full control did they give you all your guns back, taxes back, or do away with social programs?

A country song record when played backwards it gives you your truck back, your wife back, and your dog back. However, a two party song record when played forward or backwards you lose more taxes, gain bigger gov't , and lose more personal freedom.

Don't fall for the hype, its an orchestrated Marketing campaign to keep the people thinking the gov't is working for them when in reality it only works for the Washington Santa. The DC Santa gives them billions yearly for funding their campaigns , owns the media sources that paint their public image, and cosponsors the RNC and DNC list of ALLOWABLE candidates to run for office.

The Cuba embargo has nothing todo with Obama. republicans or democrats.

Follow the money trail , its always about the money. While the politicians might be rich, they aren't WEALTHY like Chris Rock says, Cause wealth is empowering.

The wealthy guys are the board of directors , CEO, Oligopoly and lobbyist firm that are bringing in the BIG Cash regardless which party is in control. One of them is surely to benefit from this and that will be the reason behind undoing the embargo.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

We will see soon enough if this "New Deal" will benefit the Marxist Cuban Government more than it will benefit the Cuban Citizens. Enough foreign Corporate interests could benefit both to a point.

I'm not a betting man , but I would bet that an American corporate behemoth or Oligopoly industry will benefit more than the Cuban Government , Cuban citizens , and American citizens combined in the long run and on the back of the US tax payers. Regardless which party is in control the outcome will be the same.

edit on 171231America/ChicagoThu, 18 Dec 2014 21:17:53 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Perhaps.

But I still bet the Cuban Government will benefit more than their Citizens.

<<   2 >>

join