It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black lives matter!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Is this a free for all rant or an on topic with the OP rant?

2nd

(post by Oudoceus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Is this a free for all rant or an on topic with the OP rant?

2nd

I think its a senseless attack for no other visible reason than one of the following;

Idiocy
Ignorance
Stupidity
Lack of empathy
Lack of understanding
Lack of compassion
Apathy
STRAIGHT UP PSYCHO TENDENCIES
Sociopathic tendencies
Got dropped on head when in infancy.

Any and all of the above are the only reasons why I would think people wouldn't care. Unless they were in fact racist. Oh damn, now I did just pull the race card. Now you guys are justified in attacking me, I guess?

I don't know. How do you guys decide on who you should attack or not. Or do you just attack any and everyone until you find some other trolls you can hang out with and stroke each others egos?

Shocking.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

No dude you miss my point.
If we didn't have labels of colour we would be more together socially and none of this would happen.
Yeah baby steps getting there but next time when you fill out a form and it asks your ethnicity just cross em all out and put human....or homo sapien sapien.
Only if you see colour and not the human will racism still exist.
It is social division and people fueling the fire on any side (or Government for that matter) is not helping.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

No dude you miss my point.
If we didn't have labels of colour we would be more together socially and none of this would happen.
Yeah baby steps getting there but next time when you fill out a form and it asks your ethnicity just cross em all out and put human....or homo sapien sapien.
Only if you see colour and not the human will racism still exist.
It is social division and people fueling the fire on any side (or Government for that matter) is not helping.

Did you watch my video all the way through?
Honestly?

I don't think you get the message I was conveying in the video. Either that or you just didn't watch it.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Did watch it and I know about it and yes it is shocking but I'm just saying all this colour thing is BS and people fan the flames of it.
We just need to educate everyone to think each other as human first.
But that is the solution for everything really education.
Also living in London sucks man....I ran a pub in Whitechapel for 5 years.
Much better up north
edit on 18-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Did watch it and I know about it and yes it is shocking but I'm just saying all this colour thing is BS and people fan the flames of it.
We just need to educate everyone to think each other as human first.
But that is the solution for everything really education.
Also living in London sucks man....I ran a pub in Whitechapel for 5 years.
Much better up north

Agreed. I'm thinking about moving to Scotland lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

There are a number of reasons for what you perceive as attacks.

And there are a number of people you may perceive as trolls who are not.

As for the real trolls with their one liners, just ignore them. Don't feed them.

There is always the alert button which can be utilized against the trolls.

Regarding the OP. I didn't see anything wrong with the title or the message. It was not confusing for me in the slightest to understand what you had to say about observations you have made. Black lives do matter. So do all lives, as you said. Tbh I was a little surprised some people jumped on you right out of the gate, without explaining why. Personally, I've never really looked into the topic. I don't know the stats of how many blacks are killed by LEOs. compared to whites, or ethnic groups. Nor do I know the stats of how many blacks, whites, or other ethnic groups kill LEOs. I know there are corrupt cops out there who abuse their power. Of course there are also deranged criminals and so sometimes cops are put in bad situations. It's got to be tough being a cop.

I don't know why we need to constantly play the label game. Oh wait, yes I do! The powers that be love to keep our minds on things like racial issues. Police brutality/corruption is something that definitely needs to be paid attention to. But we can pay attention to it without putting racial labels into the mix. That will only fuel the fires of racism.
edit on 12-18-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think it is a huge mistake to even separate people based on race. Singling out any specific race is going in the opposite direction. What the news should be reporting, and what people should be complaining about, is the rampant abuse by police officers where US citizens are concerned. I understand that it is sometimes necessary to separate people based on race, mainly because it is convenient, but I do not advocate treating different races as being different. If you wish to find a potential explanation for more violence towards black individuals however, there is one thing that might solve the mystery. It is not as scandalous as the police targeting black people however, and I know that some people only want to consider the racial angle.

What people should look at is the crime rate of a certain area, and the percentage of crimes based on race. My logic is as follows: if a certain group of people are having more run-ins with the law, then it stands to reason that there is going to be a MUCH greater chance that violence will ensue. If you have no police interaction then the odds of getting shot by police is slim. If you have a lot of police interaction then there is a much greater chance of getting shot, whatever the circumstances. That is just common sense. So if it could be established that the majority of crimes committed in a single area are perpetrated by people of a certain race, then it also stands to reason that people of this race will have more interaction with law enforcement. And again, more interaction means a greater chance of something bad happening. It might be as simple as that. In a predominantly black area the crimes are going to be perpetrated mostly by black people, since they are the majority in a certain area. If this area has a high crime rate then there is also going to be a greater police presence, as they will focus on those areas. Thus you will end up with more black people having negative interactions with law enforcement. Again, I do not find it plausible that all of the black individuals shot by police are done so because the shooting officer is racist.

The police forces across the nation are going to follow the same statistics as the general population when it comes to the number that are racist. And there is an even smaller percentage that would actually kill a person of the race they don't like just because they don't like that race. So for anyone to think that all of the black people killed by police are done so out of a hatred for the black race on the part of police, are doing so because they WANT to believe that, likely because it serves their agenda.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Why not look at black culture as the root cause of these shootings and not the cops. It is looked at as a good thing to be a drug dealing, cop killing thug. It is looked at as a good thing to have 10 babies by 10 different women. Hell yea PLAYA! Rap music and horrible role models in the black community are ruining the image of the black man. People like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson do not help this image by playing the race/victim card every change they get. I would be scared to be a cop in this day and age. There should be WAY MORE outrage from all the black youth killing each other.
edit on 451-0600Dec2051CSTDecember by NWOMGWTF because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The first 2 comments in this thread were completely unexpected. I am shocked. To clarify, I never said only Black lives matter. Wow. I actually made clear the opposite. I honestly can't believe that response!!

"Black lives matter"

That is what you wrote for the title of your rant

Titles of threads tend to suggest the main theme. I cleared your nonsense argument before you even posted. I cleared it up in the OP. Maybe you should try reading it and watching the video before you comment, instead of just attacking the title.

I'm sure you did watch the video though

Nope, didn't watch it, the caption showing the video shows a black cop and a white cop.
Not going to waste my time on watching a pointless video that shows a black cop along with a white cop dealing with some thug scum when it obviously disproves any point you were trying to make.

So if you say something matters, that means it is the only thing that matters? 'Black lives matter' and 'only black lives matter' are equivalent statements? If I were to say 'spaghetti tastes good,' would that mean all other food tastes bad? And the existence of black cops means that it's impossible that there is bias in law enforcement against blacks? Why so illogical?

But I do have to say I think the thread title is sensationalized to meaninglessness...as if people are saying 'black lives don't matter'...another example of a potentially good point becoming delegitimized through extreme presentation that makes people roll their eyes. Undoubtedly there is bias in our legal system against blacks. Though also obviously this is for the most part not a result of conscious intention, or a widespread opinion that 'black lives don't matter.' And most of the lack of sympathy for things like the Eric Garner case really seems to be a sort of sociopathic delight in seeing authority figures displaying their power, especially on those who don't passively obey; although undoubtedly you can see some racist viewpoints underlying the mentalities of some of these people.

Ah, I love how often I see flaws in both sides of debates...wins me lots of friends
[=
edit on 19-12-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NWOMGWTF
Why not look at black culture as the root cause of these shootings and not the cops. It is looked at as a good thing to be a drug dealing, cop killing thug. It is looked at as a good thing to have 10 babies by 10 different women. Hell yea PLAYA! Rap music and horrible role models in the black community are ruining the image of the black man. People like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson do not help this image by playing the race/victim card every change they get. I would be scared to be a cop in this day and age. There should be WAY MORE outrage from all the black youth killing each other.

Yea, black culture man...black culture is all about shootings and illegitimate babies and drugs and rap and murder...those blacks just keep being violent immoral heathen...that's not racist at all...god, how do people not even try to hide their racism by saying things like 'lower-class urban culture'...they just straight up say 'black culture' and describe it as some purely immoral thing...and people star it...so sad...
edit on 19-12-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I watched your video. I get your anger. But.......if you decide to look up other statistics, you will find exactly what you are looking for. Every time. My point? Searching for " X " killed by " Y " will give you results. Lots of them.

I think there is a problem with how Police deal with the public. But until you know what the police see on a daily basis, you have no clue why they do what they do. Research that end of it if you truly care. Find out from the cops themselves why they might feel threatened by a gang of black kids as opposed to a gang of white kids.

I am not advocating racial discrimination, only offering insight into why.

Walk a mile in another mans shoes.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Why did you title it that ? It doesn't make any sense. Everyones life matters.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: center
Why did you title it that ? It doesn't make any sense. Everyones life matters.

Do I really have to explain why I made a thread entitled black lives matter, not all lives matter? I thought it was clearly evident.

There is a spike in the number of Black people killed unfairly by police compared to white people. A massive spike. Go figure. Also, I'm mixed race myself and have plenty of Black friends + Black family.

I care about ALL life. If there was a specific ramping up of killings of white people and I thought it was because they were white, I'd be making the same thread with a different title, regardless of my own skin colour.

Sometimes you've just gotta be more specific, I know some of you guys like your crap sugar coated, but over here we just want to get straight to the point no beating around the bush.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There should be no room for bad cops. Nobody should be "murdered" by anyone, let alone the police. If such a thing occurs punishment should be dealt out.

That being said your video shows many cases that are far from innocent unarmed people being murdered.

The justification of the Brown shooting is widely debated.

The Garner case is widely debated.

There is video of one of the "victims" in your video rapidly approaching officers with a knife after brandishing it at customers in a store. When he refuses to drop it and stop his movement he is shot. 100% justified.

One of the other "victims" in your video attempted a burglary and was fighting the police and was tasered. He died due to health complications.

Another "victim" was fighting the police after a traffic stop and tried to take one of the officers firearms. He then continued to reach in his waistband and refused commands to stop. The police then shot him. Again tragic, but not a targeted murder of a black man.

One of of the other cases mentioned in the video the officer was indicted for murder. He didn't escape charges.

I don't think this video is the best representation of rampant brutality.

Just my opinion.

Police haters flame on...
edit on 19-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Not sure what you expect, fact is the violence in the community involved towards EACH OTHER, and anyone else, regardless of why it is this way, could be a lot of the reason why ?

How is this surprising? Not saying the police are right, just pretty weird statement that lives matter.

edit on 19-12-2014 by ParasuvO because: ooops

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm really starting to resent these "Black Deaths By A White Cop/Person" stories that make the front line news headlines. White people die every day (by cops too!) and they are just a footnote and barely get a second glance.

I'm not racist by any means, but I am getting sick of this double standard!

Black people die and get a white house visit to their funeral or a message from Obama or some such. White war heroes die and its like, who cares?

Get real. Go cry elsewhere.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

This isn't an attack on white cops. Did you hear me say white cops? No you didn't. This is about POLICE BRUTALITY ON PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY BLACK PEOPLE. There's statistics to back this up.

That is because some Black people commit the majority of crimes, so the natural result is that they suffer Police brutality more often. Racism has nothing to do with it.

Oh and there are statistics to back this up too. Yes, it really is that simple. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I haven't seen many times, if any, that a cop hurt or killed anyone that WASN'T breaking the law. So...if black lives matter so much...maybe they SHOULD STOP BREAKING THE LAW!!! And if they are hurt or killed by a cop, as much as they may not deserve it...THEY CREATED THE PROBLEM! If they hadn't...they wouldn't be hurt or dead. So...all you black people (as the thread addresses) your lives are in your hands. If you don't want to get hurt, if you don't want to die and if you are tired of seeing so many blacks in prison...STOP BREAKING THE LAW!

Are you...they...everyone so STUPID that that isn't obvious? Geeez! Grow up and follow the rules and live in peace. That is...if you can or know how to.
edit on 12/20/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join