It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.5859 highlights the sickness of US government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There is a related thread about re-igniting the cold war but the discussion is pretty far off topic already.

So lets look into the the scary way this bill was passed, and the even more shocking provisions provided within.

ARTICLE:THREE CONGRESSMEN JUST REIGNITED THE COLD WAR
Have a read through this article as it's incredibly important to understanding how diseased our system has become. I'm really sad to say it actually, because I do love my country and want to see it get better. The founders would truly be ashamed of this particular bill and how it was rammed through though.

So there are 425 members of congress, it's nearly 10:30pm, 422 of them have left already, and a bill is brought up for "unanimous consent" which in our upside-down world apparently means rather, if no one objects then it becomes law. So late at night Dec. 11th, this bill is presented with only THREE congressmen present!!! And none of them objected, it is now law, so lets have a look at our surprise mystery gift to the American people:

I'll list the key twelve points from the article and then review.

H.R.5859, named so nicely as UKRAINE FREEDOM SUPPORT ACT (gotta get that F-word in there somewhere!) :

1. Sanctions of Russia’s energy industry, including Rosoboronexport and Gazprom.

2. Sanctions of Russia’s defense industry, with respect to arms sales to Syria.

3. Broad sanctions on Russians’ banking and investments.

4. Provisions for privatization of Ukrainian infrastructure, electricity, oil, gas and renewables, with the help of the World Bank and USAID.

5. Fifty million dollars to assist in a corporate takeover of Ukraine’s oil and gas sectors.

6. Three hundred and fifty million dollars for military assistance to Ukraine, including anti-tank, anti-armor, optical, and guidance and control equipment, as well as drones.

7. Thirty million dollars for an intensive radio, television and Internet propaganda campaign throughout the countries of the former Soviet Union.

8. Twenty million dollars for “democratic organizing” in Ukraine.

9. Sixty million dollars, spent through groups like the National Endowment for Democracy, “to improve democratic governance, and transparency, accountability [and] rule of law” in Russia. What brilliant hyperbole to pass such a provision the same week the Senate’s CIA torture report was released.

10. An unverified declaration that Russia has violated the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, is a nuclear “threat to the United States” and should be held “accountable.”

11. A path for the U.S. withdrawal from the INF Treaty, which went into force in 1988. The implications of this are immense. An entire series of arms agreements are at risk of unraveling. It may not be long before NATO pushes its newest client state, Ukraine, to abrogate the Non-Proliferation Treaty, which Ukraine signed when it gave up its nuclear weapons, and establish a renewed nuclear missile capability, 300 miles from Moscow.

12. A demand that Russia verifiably dismantle “any ground launched cruise missiles or ballistic missiles with a range of between 500 and 5,500 kilometers ...”—i.e., 300 and 3,300 miles.

Summary of above points:

Points 1-3: We will put heavy sanctions against Russia's core exports and banking/finance.

Points 4&5: We will go into Ukraine, privatize all their industries and initiate a corporate takeover. Oh and we're using $50million US taxpayers dollars to help hand a sovereign nation over to corporate interests and the WorldBank

Point 6: $350million US taxpayers dollars will be used to provide military equipment and and military assistance to ensure the corporate takeover is successful. (obviously when this $350million quickly runs out after leading to a WAR, we will allocate $ BILLION$ more US taxpayer dollars)

Point 7: $30million US taxpayer dollars to directly fund Anti-Russian, Pro EU/US PROPAGANDA. You know... EVIL propaganda, like the stuff only evil Nazi's or Russians would ever do.... But this propaganda is GOOD propaganda, because US taxpayers are paying for it.

Point 8: $20million US taxpayer dollars to help the democratic process in Ukraine. Cause, you know, the democratic process in the US works PERFECTLY, so we can just piss money at helping other people who live under governments who AREN'T perfect...

Point 9: $60million US taxpayer dollars to improve democracy, transparency, accountability and rule of law IN RUSSIA. Really???? Not that the kettle has a polished finish, but the pot really needs to take a look in the mirror!!

Point 10: Sabre rattling

Point 11: Tearing up and stomping on every important disarmament agreement of the last 30years

Point 12: More sabre rattling

If you haven't read the article still, I ask that you please do so. A few weeks back Ron Paul warned that the US Congress was making serious attempts to restart the cold war and even launch us into WW3. In the short time since his statement Congress have already passed two bills fulfilling his prediction..

So does anyone still have any doubt of US/EU involvement in the coup/revolution in Ukraine??? US/EU don't give a damn about the Ukrainian people, this is all about cornering Russia and forcing them to play by the terms of the west. Isn't it funny how we're all about free markets unless it involves something we want. And then we throw a freaking fit if Russia doesn't want to sell for the prices we think are "fair".

And just look how our "democratic' government gets warmongering legislation passed without even 1% of the congressmembers consent.

edit on 18-12-2014 by 8675309jenny because: typos

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

5. Fifty million dollars to assist in a corporate takeover of Ukraine’s oil and gas sectors.

That's normal isn't it?

It's a Corporate World, it's actually less than I'd expect.

7. Thirty million dollars for an intensive radio, television and Internet propaganda campaign throughout the countries of the former Soviet Union.

That's normal isn't it?

It's a Media run World, it's actually less than I'd expect.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I couldnt agree more. I appreciate your breakdown of the bill, pretty cut and dry. People cannot seem to divorce themselves from the Machiavellian dialectic to appreciate the primary point you made IMO. American taxpayer money, American military...also paid for by the taxpayer, are used to ingratiate the coffers of International corporations beholden to no nation particularly the USA. If you arent part of the Federal Reserve Central banking system...why, you must be evil and deserving of sanctions and military and political aggression.

But hey we can just argue about Liberal and Conservative etc...instead of looking at the obvious.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Between this and the budget bill, the time since the last election has been an absolute bi-partisan feeding frenzy for corporate interests.

I've never in my life seen it this open and intense. It's almost like they are not considering the 2016 elections are coming up. I've considered a number of scenarios that would explain that behavior. The leading hypothesis goes like this; the elections are completely controlled and the controllers are getting more bold with the lack of window dressing.

Another hypothesis is that they believe citizens are so oblivious they don't notice or don't care. From the street protests going on around this nation, I believe the people are noticing and starting to ask many more questions.

I don't believe this last cycle and it's political climate would result in "record low voter turnout". It doesn't make sense to me so I ask the question "why wouldn't the shadow gov just fake all the numbers?" They certainly have the motive and opportunity. Still looking for more information on that one. It's a whale.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You claim three Congressmen of the House of Representatives passed a LAW?

why, ...why, that would be worst than an executive order!!!!!!

link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I agree with your outlook, except I believe the actions in the streets are perhaps inculcated in order to feed the dialectic and keep peoples attention on one another over their social paradigm, rather than actually utilizing the energy towards the actual problem...corruption at every level.

link   
The illness of this nation becomes painfully clear when news such at this is announced. What ever happened to 'power to the people' and sending letters to senators? I thought that's how this was supposed to work; read up on bills, make a decision, and then send your wishes to your senator/reps. What? You're saying they're just sort of set loose and are free to do whatever they want while riding on your tax dollars and generous oversight? You don't say.I suppose we can attribute the lackadaisical attitude of US citizens to our fast food, 'reality' television brainwashing, and mass media manipulation courtesy of world power group (insert name here). Being cattle in a free grazing pasture never felt so good. We don't have time to read those dastardly long end user license agreements, we certainly don't have time to peruse lengthy boring bills!

I think this is more than just saber rattling, Russia is already suffering from an economic crisis as it is. This is more like slowly closing a hand around their throat; there's nothing subtle about it.

There's also HR4681, or the Intelligence Authorization Act with some rather troublesome wording. Veto requests for this act can be signed here.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
3 members were present and they passed the Bill? Unbelievable isn't it?

How many were present when they voted for their pay increase?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So late at night Dec. 11th, this bill is presented with only THREE congressmen present!!!

Can anybody say 'quorum' ??? How is it even legal for 3 out of 425 elected officials to decide ANYTHING? The rules are ridiculous. The local school board cannot make a decision if enough members are not present. "Congress" did not decide anything. Three members rail-roaded this through, and I suspect it was planned. But I blame every single one of them for allowing this to be even possible, because they are aware of the rules and have done nothing to change them.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Couldn't agree more absolutely appalling we pay these people 175k base and all the pork they can eat to screw not just us...but the whole damned world.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So Putin invades his neighbors, threatens NATO and boasts that he is not afraid to use nuclear weapons, and it is three US Congressmen who have started a new Cold War. I get where you're coming from.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think people are too fixated on the 3 congresspeople in this.

You can't honestly think if all 425 members were there it would have had a different outcome...

This was just to shorten the time of the pass.
Rather than count 425 yes votes it's easier to have just minimal input for a done deal.

The Anti-Russia brigade span across the Left & Right.

I'm not saying its the right thing to do.
Just explaining protocol.
edit on 18-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Septimus

And then they call people like this crazy and not worthy of being elected as president.

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
3 members were present and they passed the Bill? Unbelievable isn't it?

How many were present when they voted for their pay increase?

No it isnt really The Fed Act of 1913 was passed in the same fashion...

People like being consistent..

link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So Putin invades his neighbors, threatens NATO and boasts that he is not afraid to use nuclear weapons, and it is three US Congressmen who have started a new Cold War. I get where you're coming from.

I guess that's one take on the OP. From another perspective, with something as important as this bill, why was it brought to a vote with only 3 out of 425 elected 'law-making' officials present? How is that even legal? That is my outrage. You've got loons in every arena. If 3 congressmen can make a law... about anything... see where I'm going with this?

+2 more 
link   
Yup, it's coming. The Russians aren't increasing their long range bombing run missions for nothing.

This bill IS a declaration of war on Russia.

I mean seriously. On every front. Economic, military, covert, propaganda, and everything.

Yup. Kiss it goodbye folks. We're gettin nuked.

THE END.

PS. Good riddance. Just hey, Mr. Putin, try to spare Ron Paul will ya? Thanks.
edit on Thu Dec 18th 2014 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Wow…Thanks for this post. Now I know why Cosby was being thrown in our faces. It was so that this could be slipped right under our noses.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Even if I agree with you on that, which I do partly, do you think that makes it ok to fund a corporate takeover of Ukraine & to run a propaganda campaign in former Soviet countries?

If the shoe was on the other foot and Putin did that you'd be calling it for what it is, I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
there is a certain phrase for this and it's not the first time a controversial bill has been passed in either house if i recall correctly.
i tried a search for the term and bills that have been passed this way, but i get endless page for the budget and this bill.

they really like to do it around holidays when most of them have left to go home.
edit on 18-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You can't honestly think if all 425 members were there it would have had a different outcome...

We will never know. Thing is, we should not even have to be wondering that, with something as important as this bill!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

If there is one thing that Democrats & Republicans agree on right now in our lifetime...
It's that they need to control the surrounding area of Russia.

This would have been exactly the same if all of them had voted imo.

Like I said, it doesn't make this right, but to say it wouldn't have happened is naivity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join