It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So North Korea was behind the SONY Hack?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
so, it is OK when the CIA and others use Stuxnet and other forms of cyber warfare, but not if N-Korea uses the same means???

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I never favor war with anyone, it accomplishes very little other than death and destruction. As for innocent people in North Korea suffering, innocent people suffer every day from abuse and starvation. Economic sanctions would not affect the citizens of North Korea as they have nothing to lose, only those in power would suffer. Food and aid is provided however because of the way a brutal dictatorship operates the people do not receive it unless they are of the ruling class.

As for who initiated the attack it makes sense that it is North Korea but who knows ? It could our own PTB starting a dialog situation to tighten control on the internet itself. My guess is the government will address the issue in a variety of ways to include economic sanctions and many clandestine operations that we may never know of. The current administration seems to enjoy playing the apologist card, and after some of the recent email releases from Sony's hack he may very well end up punishing them, but because big donations are involved I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
We SHOULD freeze their accounts and hack them in return. This WAS an act of war and it is also infringing on our Constitutional right to free speech. We should throw everything we've got at them that isn't a bomb.

<< 1  2   >>

join