It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Video Shows MICHELLE OBAMA Lied About Experiencing Racism At Target...BUSTED!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Where i am from only black people get department store or valet driving jobs... Isnt that part of the problem in building our perceptions?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
She was pissed that no one knew who she was, that's the real story!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I keep wondering where the Secret Service was during the First Lady's Target shopping spree.

If some strange woman who wasn't frisked or patted down prior to approach, was able to get close enough to Mrs. Obama to have her hand down a bottle of detergent from a shelf,...couldn't she also have been close enough to shoot or stab the First Lady?

It seems that a lack of security should be the real crime here...not some politically-contrived implication of perceived racism.
edit on 19-12-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that Target wasn't swept by secret service before she entered, and besides is this the highlight of her 6 years in the white house?...the whole thing is bizarre.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Michelle Obama--People Magazine Interview--Titled: “The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences."
12/17/2014

“I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn’t see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn’t anything new.
www.people.com...

Two years later...the same story; completely different spin:

Michelle Obama--David Letterman Show Interview
3/19/2012

“No one knew that was me. Because a woman actually walked up to me, right? I was in the detergent aisle, and she said — I kid you not — she said, ‘Excuse me, I just have to ask you something.’ And I thought, ‘Oh, cover’s blown.’ She said, ‘Can you reach on that shelf and hand me the detergent?’ I kid you not. And the only thing she said — I reached up, because she was short, and I reached up, pulled it down. She said, ‘Well, you didn’t have to make it look so easy.’ That was my interaction. I felt so good.”
www.politico.com...

WHY did she originally feel so good about the incident ("I felt so good.")...and then feel racially stereotyped about the very same incident over two years later?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I don't know, maybe you should read your thread.

It helps if you are able to parse written text.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Yes...you've expressed your interpretation before; I don't happen to agree with it, but you're certainly entitled to it.

Furthermore, I certainly hope I haven't offended you by feeling entitled to my own interpretation, as you appear to be very frustrated and short in your latest post.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I keep wondering where the Secret Service was during the First Lady's Target shopping spree.

If some strange woman who wasn't frisked or patted down prior to approach, was able to get close enough to Mrs. Obama to have her hand down a bottle of detergent from a shelf,...couldn't she also have been close enough to shoot or stab the First Lady?

It seems that a lack of security should be the real crime here...not some politically-contrived implication of perceived racism.

Maybe the whole thing was staged and scripted.

The "Lady" might have been an agent.

Publicity.Bait.Stunt

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Publicity.Bait.Stunt

Actually, according to yesterday's article in The Blaze, the woman's husband may work for MSNBC : )
www.theblaze.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Are you trying to say that media companies "Request" permission from people, even important ones, before they post something that would be obviously negative for them? If they had to get permission, then you would never read a negative story. What catches your attention is what sells.
And from what I saw in the video, the story she told about the Target store stemmed from a picture that they had on the show, not in relation to a story about racism.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lance_covel

he won't listen, he's convinced he has a clear case and will keep bleating the same tripe over and over,

this is a circlejerk,
edit on 19-12-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Publicity.Bait.Stunt

Actually, according to yesterday's article in The Blaze, the woman's husband may work for MSNBC : )
www.theblaze.com...

Well that makes me even more suspicious !!!

I'm not convinced this "incident" even happened.

The whole thing may have been fabricated !!!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

"I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new."

I know it's petty but did People get it wrong? This part says she was NOT highly disguised. Regardless, is she that desperate for attention? Why in the heck is she in disguise? Why is she shopping at Target?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: lance_covel

he won't listen, he's convinced he has a clear case and will keep bleating the same tripe over and over,

this is a circlejerk,

On the contrary, I'm listening; I simply don't happen to agree with you.
Nevertheless, since when is this forum about changing MY mind?

It's a forum, whereby contributors may express their individual opinions on the subject-matter introduced by the thread at hand.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Maybe if she would have done some noteworthy things as a first lady, instead of spending millions on bling and vacations, maybe more people would be able to recognize her.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Maybe if she would have done some noteworthy things as a first lady, instead of spending millions on bling and vacations, maybe more people would be able to recognize her.

But she fixed school lunches!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Realtruth

But she fixed school lunches!

Have you seen some of the "meals" they are serving in city schools now?

No wonder why kids want to stay home, not motivated to go to school, and do so poorly, eventually drop out etc.

When I was a kid, school lunch was great, always. You could smell it cooking at times, it was one of a very few things I had to look forward to as a kid, and I wanted to go to school for.

As for the racism and lies, no comment.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I am so confused about how this story links to anything to do with racism whatsoever, other than a People magazine interview title, which doesn't help me understand the bizarre desperate attempt at linkage.

Sorry, but rain through the OP and first page of comments left me wondering if I had lost my sanity and ability to think. Wow.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

So Michelle only ever shopped at Target ONE TME in her whole life?

....Hot issue.

Not.

I thought about this also, but it's quite clear she's referring to the same incident, just decided to add a little "RACIST" twist to it to suit 2014 events...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I am so confused about how this story links to anything to do with racism whatsoever, other than a People magazine interview title, which doesn't help me understand the bizarre desperate attempt at linkage.

Sorry, but rain through the OP and first page of comments left me wondering if I had lost my sanity and ability to think. Wow.

Just recently Michelle Obama said "Barack and I have experienced racism ourselves" and then referred to this incident when she was shopping in Target and a woman asked her to get something off the shelf, as if she was an employee....

God forbid. I personally have been confused as an employee at stores quite a few times. Probably because I often wear khakis and a plain color polo shirt.

It doesn't bother me. And never once in my life have I thought it was because of my race.

Things that happen to everyone else every day, black people often think happens to them simply because they're black.

Actually personal story about that: A friend of mine went on a rant on facebook about how some old guy in Texas was racist because when he saw him with his racecar/truck and trailer, the guy asked who's car it was. My friend said it was his, and I guess they guy kinda blew him off like "yea sure it is kid".

I said maybe it has more to do with the fact that you look hardly a day over 17yrs old and even at 25yrs old, most people don't have the money for a nice truck/trailer and racecar, plus traveling around the country.

For him it had to be his skin color though; there could be no other reason someone would be surprised.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join