It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Video Shows MICHELLE OBAMA Lied About Experiencing Racism At Target...BUSTED!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
TITLE from the People INTERVIEW:

The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences

www.people.com...

Who cares what the title of the article is? Media uses whatever title they think will generate views.

Why don't you just read the bloody article and you could see exactly what she said:

"I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new."

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Well, one question...was Mrs. Obama wearing a red shirt?

Because I swear - never wear a red shirt to target or someone WILL ask you for help. LOL! Doesn't matter if you are black, white or FLOTUS.

That's for damn sure. If they don't immediately recognize you as someone who clearly doesn't work at Target, red shirt gets you deemed a Target employee. Although, it looks like that was not the case here from pictures - there are various reports from 2011 regarding the trip and Limbaugh even mocked the excursion.
edit on 10Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:54:19 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Target......I went to Target because they have cheap running goods. I am a clean cut WHITE dude and I run marathons. I am in Target at 9 pm, I didn't mind the WHITE girl scoping me out and asking if I needed help finding clothes I want to run in so I thanked her and welcomed her to let me model some stuff for her but she declined. As Im walking around with a basket full of running thermals, dry wick shirts and reflector shorts, the same WHITE girl walks by and is looking in my basket. Just to add, Im wearing shorts and a tshirt, nowhere to hide anything. Then I leave the section and go to the gps watches and they are locked on but still on the shelf. So Im looking at them to see if any have Bluetooth mp3 and a WHITE guy sneaks up behind me to see what Im doing and asks if I need help, I think he thought he was surprising me. I could tell by looking at him tat he doesn't run and doesn't have a clue about anything and tried to tell me some stuff about the watched that wasn't true. So because the stuff is cheap and serves its purpose, I bought it anyway. I then went straight home and left a bad revue on the net. I don't think the people in Target are racist, Im sure there are some black AND white, but in general I think they are just idiots. As fo Michele Obaman , they probably just didn't like her because her husband is such a liar. If she was wearing an ugly red Target shirt, then she deserves to be mistaken as a Target employee, although I don't think Michele would be stalking me trying to buy stuff.
edit on 18-12-2014 by center because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It occurs to me that there might have been some confusion on the part of readers as to what Michelle Obama was saying. So let me break down her words:

Context:

"I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised"

Bad:

"the only person who came up to me in the store was a [customer]"

Good:

"who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her."

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

By now it should be obvious that nothing but lies come out of liberals' mouths.

Think about why her husband had to legalize propaganda (lying).

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences:

"We create them. We get more sympathy and guilty votes and support this way".

This is what they actually do in practice.
The Obama family, especially the in-law side of Mrs. Obama, are so completely self entitled and delusionally enlightened with their own self importance, based partly on their believed need for social justice, (which is part of that delusionally based belief that the world owes them all the best in life because they have black skin, that they are going to get what they want from every walk of life, one way or another.

Racism certainly does exist in the world today, and the Obama family are very proud of helping to keep it alive whenever they get the opportunity. They get so much from using it and exploiting racism to the maximum, that it is like a personal bank with no credit limit. They and the MSM even convinced a majority of voters that Mr. Obama is the first black president, when he is mixed race and only 50% black. But hey, they preach that any amount of black trumps all other races, and the only part that matters is the black percentage. Can't get free stuff using the white part. Obama showed this belief when he disavowed his white mother because he claimed he did not want to be beholden to white people.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

But hey, they preach that any amount of black trumps all other races, and the only part that matters is the black percentage.

Wikipedia: One-drop rule:

The one-drop rule is a sociological and legal principle of racial classification that was historically prominent in the United States asserting that any person with even one ancestor of sub-Saharan-African ancestry ("one drop" of African blood) is considered to be black (Negro in historical terms). This concept evolved over the course of the 19th century and became codified into law in the 20th century. It was associated with the principle of "invisible blackness" and is an an example of hypodescent, the automatic assignment of children of a mixed union between different socioeconomic or ethnic groups to the group with the lower status.[1]

Although racial segregation was adopted legally by southern states of the former Confederacy in the late 19th century, legislators resisted defining race by law to prevent interracial marriages. In 1895 in South Carolina during discussion, George D. Tillman said,

It is a scientific fact that there is not one full-blooded Caucasian on the floor of this convention. Every member has in him a certain mixture of... colored blood...It would be a cruel injustice and the source of endless litigation, of scandal, horror, feud, and bloodshed to undertake to annul or forbid marriage for a remote, perhaps obsolete trace of Negro blood. The doors would be open to scandal, malice, and greed.[2]

The one-drop rule was not adopted as law until the 20th century: first in Tennessee in 1910 and in Virginia under the Racial Integrity Act of 1924 (following the passage of similar laws in several other states).

I guess by "they" you really mean "we" ?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Lol at all the Obama defenders in this thread. Refusing to read, trying to derail the thread. Face it, the left is as messed up as the right and Obama proves it.

So Mr. Puppet, are the people only racist towards your black half? Hypocrites.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Go ahead and use it then, see if it helps you get a job, or a home mortgage. Go ahead and put all that same stuff in your application and see if they will then classify it with those special clauses that help minorities. I'm waiting....

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Exactly what is there to defend against from the OP? This thread proves that right wingers in this country are at LEAST as obsessed with race as Al Sharpton — probably more.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Go ahead and use it then, see if it helps you get a job, or a home mortgage. Go ahead and put all that same stuff in your application and see if they will then classify it with those special clauses that help minorities. I'm waiting....

Go ahead and use what? What are you waiting for? I've never had a problem getting a job, a mortgage, a cab or anything else. The most interesting thing about this nonsense is that the right wing media has shifted gears in the last six years from brainwashing consumers of their propaganda into believing that every complaint by a black person resulted from a "victim mentality" to brainwashing white conservatives into HAVING a victim mentality.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yes clearly right wingers are the only ones with enough common sense to see through the puppet's lies

Did you even read the title of the article (let alone the article)? Obama and racism, two peas in a pod.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Anyone really believes she shops at Target ?

LOL.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Because of her profile and PR demands I wouldn't believe any account of anything she gives to the media. Everything she says (and any politician or celebrity for that matter) in public/media is to make her image better. Believe nothing... it is all about image enhancement. From Big Brother TV Shows to Political interviews, image enhancement... with no value.
edit on 18-12-2014 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Anyone really believes she shops at Target ?

LOL.

Nope... PR stunt to name drop Target and have a well framed photo opportunity that makes her appeal to the masses. Just like this Letterman interview is supposed to make her appeal to the masses. Plastic bullsquat. Kakamallasquirt.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Maybe I am missing something, but how/where is she claiming that was a racist incident? She is just telling a story of how nobody recognized her. I have had people ask me many times to get things off of shelves.

Since she has told this story before with no mention of racism, I am going to give the benefit of the doubt that People simply failed to transition topics well as the interview supposedly covered a variety of topics.

It would just be weird to retell a well-known story with well-known context as a racist incident, but who knows. Time will tell.

That's what I get out of it, the wee woman couldn't reach what she wanted, and besides that Michelle was relieved she wasn't recognised.
This is a waste of ether. Just because some guy with a webpage says Michelle LIED, doesn't make it true.
[SNIP]

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
THIS just in:

Listener Calls Into Glenn Beck Radio Show With an Incredible Allegation About Michelle Obama’s Race Story

A listener called into Glenn Beck’s radio program Thursday with an incredible story that contradicts First Lady Michelle Obama’s example of racism at Target. The caller said her sister was the person who asked the first lady to help her reach something, and the shocker is the woman allegedly voted for President Barack Obama — twice.

For those not familiar with the story, the first lady took a trip to Target in 2011. In a subsequent interview with David Letterman, she joked that someone didn’t recognize her and asked her to help her get something off the shelf. But in a recent interview with People magazine, Obama cited the story as an example of racism, saying the woman “saw me as someone who could help her.”

The caller, identified only as “Donna,” first called into TheBlaze Radio’s Pat and Stu on Wednesday, outraged that her sister was being painted as a racist by the first lady. TheBlaze has made multiple attempts to contact Donna’s sister since then, but was not able to reach her to independently verify her claim.

First lady Michelle Obama, wearing a hat and sunglasses, stands in line at a Target department store in Alexandria, Va., Thursday, Sept. 29, 2011, after doing some shopping. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)

Speaking on Beck’s program, Donna said: “The funny thing is, my sister didn’t even know it was Michelle Obama until she was laying in the bed with her husband watching David Letterman and heard Michelle Obama tell the story. And she looked at her husband and said, ‘That was me!’”

“Michelle Obama told it accurately the first time, but she is twisting it now to make my sister out to be a racist,” Donna continued. “Now, her name isn’t out there. But I just got furious on my sister’s behalf. I can — we have political differences, big time, but my sister is not a racist.”

Donna said her sister is a “huge” Obama fan, and Beck said she told a Blaze Radio producer that her sister’s husband works at MSNBC.

Donna said at the time the Letterman interview came out, “The banter around the water cooler at that station was, ‘Hey … wasn’t this your wife?’ And they were jabbing with him about it.”

Now that the story has taken a completely different turn, Beck said that network should be able to easily verify or refute the first lady’s claim, but they have not yet attempted to.

“It’s your wife,” Beck said. “Don’t you have a little righteous indignation and say, ‘Guys, correct this story because this is about my wife. I know nobody knows this is about my wife. This is important. … This hurts my wife. We’re supporters. We have no axe to grind. This story needs to be corrected.’”

“And if they don’t, why wouldn’t you walk?” Beck added. “Do you have no credibility? Do you have no honor and integrity? Is there not a chivalrous bone in your body for your wife? How do you continue to work there?”

Donna said she just wanted to “set the record straight” because the incident “infuriated” her, but said it’s possible her left-leaning sister won’t want to go on the record with Glenn Beck or TheBlaze.

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I've never had a problem getting a job, a mortgage, a cab or anything else. The most interesting thing about this nonsense is that the right wing media has shifted gears in the last six years from brainwashing consumers of their propaganda into believing that every complaint by a black person resulted from a "victim mentality" to brainwashing white conservatives into HAVING a victim mentality.

so because you've never had a problem, that must me all white people share the same experience? Do you have any idea how utterly ignorant that is? What do you have against treating white people with the same respect you would treat any other group of people? Making an assumption that a white person is a racist because they asked you for help is the ultimate irony.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Dr0neT3k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

The obamas are as much carpet baggers as jesse and al.

We see those kind of liars and drama queens down in the south-usually in political positions.

Probably why we have the third most murders almost every year in my city.

It really shows the lack of intelligence of their supporters-knowingly accepting and supporting their lies-especially the lies about racist experiences.
edit on 18-12-2014 by FalcoFan because: brainfrt

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am not sure how this could be racist, at all. Michelle is a tall woman and someone asking her for help getting a product off the shelf isnt racist. Is it because Michelle is a tall black woman that all of the sudden someone asking for help becomes a racist incident? Good god, what a joke, seiously! I am a white woman and stand almost 5'9 and have had people ask me to help get them something from an upper shelf. People are too sensitive!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join