It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Video Shows MICHELLE OBAMA Lied About Experiencing Racism At Target...BUSTED!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You have only made my point for me. Just like the title you chose for your thread. People made the title to sell magazines. Perhaps you will be interviewed someday and understand.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
How is that racism?!?!

I get asked all the time at the store to reach something for someone off the top shelf because I am 6'2".

A short person asks for help reaching for something high and it's racism.......I guess I misunderstood the meaning of the word all these years.

The lady Obama is almost 6 foot tall !!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Context is always important.

Absolutely! And if we could see the text of the entire interview, we would be able to tell more. Several topics were discussed.

Are you suggesting that a magazine wouldn't use such a title and try to attach a simple story to it to cause sensationalism in order to sell their magazine?

And you don't think that People would have submitted the article and it's title to the Obama's for 'sign off' approval BEFORE publication?
edit on 18-12-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
a reply to: IAMTAT

You have only made my point for me. Just like the title you chose for your thread. People made the title to sell magazines. Perhaps you will be interviewed someday and understand.

I actually have been interviewed by People magazine before...and they show you the article for approval before publication.

Surely, you don't believe the magazine didn't show the WH Press Secy. and the Obamas before they ran it.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm pretty surprised by the people actually trying to make excuses and dismiss this blatant example of lying to incite racial paranoia. Why isn't BH just going to read the story for herself instead of pretending it doesn't exist?

www.people.com...

"Before that, Barack Obama was a black man that lived on the South Side of Chicago, who had his share of troubles catching cabs," Mrs. Obama said in the Dec. 10 interview appearing in the new issue of PEOPLE.

"I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new."

In a 30-minute conversation, the president and Mrs. Obama candidly added their stories to the national discussion of race and racial profiling that was sparked by the deaths of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and Eric Garner in Staten Island, New York.

"There's no black male my age, who's a professional, who hasn't come out of a restaurant and is waiting for their car and somebody didn't hand them their car keys," said the president, adding that, yes, it had happened to him.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I will only quote your title. You say she "Lied". The anecdote is almost word for word what she said before. There wasn't any hint that she felt the person was racist. Where is the lie?

Listen, I think Obama is one of the worst presidents ever, however I look at each thing objectively. I see no evidence of a lie or even any change in the spin of her story the way she tells it. The only difference is that is it embedded in an interview that People has focused on racism.

If you are going to say there is a lie, you should show where she said one thing and where there is some conflicting facts in the story. They are practically identical.

That said, if you show me the transcript question and it is something like "Tell me about a racist experience you had.", and this is Michelle's imeediate answer, I will agree that she fully misrepresented the incident.

edit on 18-12-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr0neT3k

I'm pretty surprised by the people actually trying to make excuses and dismiss this blatant example of lying to incite racial paranoia.

I am not.
Barack Obama or Michelle Obama could drive a steamroller over dozens of screaming babies on a live video feed and I am sure that some people would explain to everyone else that they were only trying to help the babies.

edit on bu312014-12-18T10:05:06-06:0010America/ChicagoThu, 18 Dec 2014 10:05:06 -060010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't see any issue here at all. Someone is looking mighty hard to find a nit to pick.

a reply to: kosmicjack

So true. Or a black tunic at Sephora or MIchaels. Hahaha. I always try to help though....

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I contend that now we are all going to be too afraid to ask black people for help lest we be considered racist. Only, therefore, ask white people to help you.

Which in itself is racist. Think about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I will only quote your title. You say she "Lied". The anecdote is almost word for word what she said before. There wasn't any hint that she felt the person was racist. Where is the lie?

In one story it was racist that a white person dare ask her for help and in the other story racism is never mentioned. This is pretty blatantly obvious. What part are you confused about?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
surely she knew that the context of the interview was about racism so why would she tell that story about her trip to target if she felt that there was no racism involved?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr0neT3k

No, read her two actual quoted stories. They are nearly identical.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You can see that the interview wasn't just about race

The Obamas open up about raising their daughters, the impact of stereotypes, and what's on the POTUS dance party playlist.

President Obama: Boyhood Was 'My Favorite Movie' of the Year

That is People Magazines own description and title

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You can see that the interview wasn't just about race

The Obamas open up about raising their daughters, the impact of stereotypes, and what's on the POTUS dance party playlist.

That is People Magazines own description and title

You must hail from an alternate reality because this is the title of the story in this reality:

The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
TITLE from the People INTERVIEW:

www.people.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr0neT3k
Why isn't BH just going to read the story for herself instead of pretending it doesn't exist?

I read the article several times. I looked up the interview to see if I could find it in its entirety. I have done everything I possibly can to find it (aside from buying the magazine - which is what they want people to do) and I can't. If you can post a link to the ENTIRE interview, please do.

No where does Michelle Obama suggest this story was racist and no where does she lie. Assuming that every single word in the interview relates to racism is just silly. Show me the entire interview. Until then, I will assume that People just wants to sell magazines.

This thread does not deserve any further responses...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Please click the People link directly ABOVE your last post.
Please note the title (which establishes the context).
Thank you.

From the article:

In a 30-minute conversation, the president and Mrs. Obama candidly added their stories to the national discussion of race and racial profiling that was sparked by the deaths of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and Eric Garner in Staten Island, New York.

www.people.com...
edit on 18-12-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

12/17/2014

12/17/2014

The second article links back to the "racist experience" article. Or are you suggesting they interview the Obamas every week???

"Boyhood was a great movie. That, I think, was my favorite movie this year," he told PEOPLE in a joint interview with First Lady Michelle Obama for this week's issue.
For more from our exclusive interview with the president and first lady, pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday

It's all the same interview. I suggest you pick up a copy. Case closed!
edit on 12/18/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Definitely NOT '"Case Closed"
More like: 'Mind Closed'

Still, no worries. Thank you for your learned contributions and noble defense of Michelle Obama.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wow, you're REALLY stretching and doing some serious mental gymnastics there. The article was about Michelle and Barack's alleged racists experiences and that's the story Michelle recounts. After re-telling her Target story, the author goes on to say:

The thread deserves lots of response and attention from our press. Although it won;t get it because our press is basically an extension of the president and his party.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Dr0neT3k because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2014 by Dr0neT3k because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join