It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil war or urban invaders?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I hope this is the right forum for this, sorry mod if it isn't.

I've noticed a recent upswing in various cities in the U.S. where the military and police are practicing urban warfare. Off the cuff L.A., Colorado, Penn.

This didn't happen so much before to my knowledge. I was wondering what the general majority of ATS thought. Do you think it is a preparation against U.S. citizens? The government is already trying to disarm the public and the UN is set to assist if necessary.

Or are they expecting to fight another enemy that will invade the US?

Sorry I have sources but can't post them right this second. I will try to post them shortly if necessary.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: remotev1

Could be 2 things.
They could training to fight homegrown terror attacks or they are training for urban war fare in cities. But, I it's unsettling that they're using cities like Dallas. There has been a shift in the American people. The dis satisfaction with the way government and police have been treating us has been building for a while and they may be afraid it's coming to a head. The military has always trained for urban war, but to train in large cities with no public warning makes it look like their training to fight us.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Theres no need to 'invade the US' with like, divisions of soldiers. Thats open warfare, (not Red Dawn neither) requiring loads of men and materiel, after they overcome all the US defenses before even opening a beach head.

D DAy style invasions are not what they are practicing "urban" combat for.

Yes, the anticipated enemy is us, the American "Citizen".

Why?

You fill in the blanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I think it's more publicized now than it ever has been. It's been going on for a good bit of time, but without the internet and twitter youtube, etc it was local news, maybe regional at best, and that was it. Now people in China know that there are helos flying around Dallas as fast, or faster, than somebody in Dallas that isn't on twitter.

It's mostly training for combat in built up areas. Whether that's US built up areas or elsewhere is often left ambiguous. The scenario may be "Dallas was just hit by a terrorist attack, lets go save the day" or it may be "this city was just hit by terrorists, lets go save the day." Either is as plausible as the other, because flying and fighting around high-rise buildings is largely the same whether it's Dallas or Hong Kong.

I don't read as much in to it as some/a lot of people do about it being to get Americans used to the military being nearby. It's been going on for a long time. It is what it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The military has always trained for urban war, but to train in large cities with no public warning makes it look like their training to fight us.

Practicing on US is just that. They "practice" on terrain they expect to encounter. If they can't find a mock up, they make one.

In the case of US cities, there is no need to build a mock up. They are already there.

Don't worry, its just an "exercise".

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

With so much unrest going on in the U.S. now it just seems odd that the government would create even more uproar with these exercises. It seems more premeditated than just random exercises. At least to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Even with all their experts, charts, studies and surveillance, I think TPTB underestimate the American citizen. It's like a hibernating bear. It may take a lot to wake it up, but when it does....you better run.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: remotev1
I hope this is the right forum for this, sorry mod if it isn't.

I've noticed a recent upswing in various cities in the U.S. where the military and police are practicing urban warfare. Off the cuff L.A., Colorado, Penn.

This didn't happen so much before to my knowledge. I was wondering what the general majority of ATS thought. Do you think it is a preparation against U.S. citizens? The government is already trying to disarm the public and the UN is set to assist if necessary.

Sorry I have sources but can't post them right this second. I will try to post them shortly if necessary.

LOL. Look in the mirror. Law enforcement has lost consent. They are ready. Are you?

new topics

top topics

join