It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Education has Failed Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The most educated people I see are the less easily called people.

As man has information forced into him, he is left with the building blocks of his character which now seem irrelevant and without purpose. The human person is going backward through the stages of evolution. Children are not taught to increase the virtue of their personality or to utilize their will. What are they taught? They are taught facts and details that will earn them money, social security, and the ill famed idea of the American dream.

Human passion is stifled and is now called a hobby or a childish dream. We are wont to grow up cold because we are taught cold information that helps to develop nothing but the economy.

Have we lost care for the human person? I think not, but we have not been taught what the human person really is.

The human person is willing. Our freewill is the only thing that is ours. We are able to use that power and perfect ourselves. We are able to make our thoughts and aspirations like gems and treasures.

Weigh the worth of your happiness and compare it with what you want, what the world wants for you, and what God wants for you.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A very interesting read. These are the days where the money you earn and the amount of effort you put in to earn it define your value to a good sized portion of the population. If you work a minimum wage job you are 'lazy' 'worthless' 'stupid' or any number of disparaging terms. What people think or feel matter less and less.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

F+S for You!!! I agree that what our younger generation is 'taught' in School is Crap!!! Syx.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well said. You've articulated brilliantly a good part of the reason my wife and I pulled our daughter out of school after three months of first grade.
edit on 18-12-2014 by muchmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Birth, school, work, marriage, children, death.

What about this cycle actually appeals to people? Long term conditioning won, we lost.

I hope our world burns & soon.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Life is beautiful. All the things you mentioned are beautiful and prestigious things but they have been tainted by economic culture. Strive to keep the passion for purity alive, or to revive it. Do not live your life like one waiting to dye, but like one who is dying to live! And live rightly, i might add!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The problem is they teach you what to think
It's mostly about information retention and etc.
Otherwise normally called indoctrination.
Not how to think.
Thus the popular "wars" fought over what is taught in schools.

edit on 19-12-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The human person is willing. Our freewill is the only thing that is ours. We are able to use that power and perfect ourselves. We are able to make our thoughts and aspirations like gems and treasures.

Beautifully said. You nearly brought tears to my eyes as I contemplated your choice of words. It reflects the quote in my longtime signature, to a degree.

It reminded me of a wonderful interview I recently heard on Red Ice Radio:

Cheers =)
edit on 12 19 2014 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 19 2014 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
They want it done...
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think the education system defines the culture. Where I am living, I see the final cultural product of an educational system. This is so with any country I think and the government decides what line to take with their people and begins to instill those qualities at an early age to produce the society they wish to create.

I think the most useful thing we can instill into our kids is curiousness and a passion for learning how things work and how things are in our world. From that comes great investigations and great discoveries.

In a culture which is dumbed down and fed information, there is no curiousness for things and generally not much imagination to conceive of things outside the box.

ANY formal structured information or belief system is not productive of new fresh ideas and a need to investigate and be open minded.

I read once that we are paraphrased - the otters of the universe, playful and curious. (Illusions by Richard Bach) and I think that should describe us when we are unlimited ideas of Source.

For example, there are some who believe we are more than just our physical bodies, but we are all afraid to be curious about this and investigate ways to find out if this is true. Belief systems often force their way of thinking on us and restrict thinking and possibilities by instilling fear of the unknown.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Material education should be a schools' domain while immaterial education should be the Church's or any spiritual organization.

Did children ever learn how to utilize their will at school? Because I believe (without any sources or much information) that is something only a few families teach to their children and usually they become very succesful in life.

What I find more worrying about education is how and what children are taught. They should be prepared for a world full of robots and computers, where old jobs are being replaced or cease to exist. There are more schools teaching programming languages but it's hardly commonplace. Imagine how someone spend several years learning how to be a truck driver while the future is full of autonomous vehicles!

Or how children need to do without computer aids in classrooms while they could have better let them use computers, like having tests and the children can look the answers up on Google. Sometimes I wonder if it's the older generation that's jealous of the younger generation for having so much more than they did when they grew up, they want the young to put in the hard work on studying like they did "to build character".
edit on 27-12-2014 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

To start my reply off I would like to say that I am of the younger generation, so that you do not think that I am biased.

Separation of church and state has gone too far in schools no longer teach children to be prepared for life decisions, but to be filled with useless facts as if all these kids are going to be on jeopardy.

new topics

top topics

join