It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Classes No Longer Taught Due To Feminist Outrage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sigh... If this was a different kind of site, I'd just toss this in the rant forum... but I can't speak as freely as I like on ATS, so I better not make this into a rant.

Jeannie Suk, who’s been teaching at Harvard Law School since 2006, said campus organizations representing “women’s interests” are advising students not to participate in or even attend class sessions that focus on sexual violence laws because they might be “traumatic.”

“These organizations also ask criminal-law teachers to warn their classes that the rape-law unit might ‘trigger’ traumatic memories,” she wrote in the New Yorker. “Individual students often ask teachers not to include the law of rape on exams for fear that the material would cause them to perform less well.”

“One teacher I know was recently asked by a student not to use the word ‘violate’ in class — as in ‘Does this conduct violate the law?’ — because the word was ‘triggering.’”

Full article here ---> Source

I, an American female, have been arguing with tumbler-type feminists a lot lately, catching them berating random males on the internet simply for commenting on a video or speaking to a female youtuber. These people are unbelievable and disgusting, putting it as lightly as I can. And people wonder why I don't keep female friends...

Meh.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I, an American female, have been arguing with tumbler-type feminists a lot lately

You're a good person. The new wave of SJWs are freaking nuts. Everything is rape, everything is a trigger. I get that some people really do struggle, but I don't think the way to solve that is for everyone else to be walking on eggshells and unable to communicate effectively.

I have read some pretty bizarre stuff, this is up there.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I had to click on the thread to see if they were classes on how to rape or ones about the effects of rape.

You never know anymore. Im really not surprised by anything humans do.

Ditto what Domo said.

edit on 17-12-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Walking on egg shells…

Is the reporting of this causing the trauma or the actual incidences? If there are that many actual "violations" occurring, somebody better open the skeleton closet and drag all those responsible into the open. Catch the perps, and punish them.

Interesting to note how Cosby has stolen the lime light away from College Rape. Good job Media lackeys.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

If it's like you tell it, that's utter BS. They're just like religious crazies not wanting to hear a certain word or a subject mentioned. If the word "violate" or "rape" causes you to have an extreme response the academic setting shouldn't adjust to your obvious issues but you should seek a counsellor.

One of the examples in which feminists descredit themselves
No sense, no logic.

And if these classes and courses didn't exist or these subjects didn't get any attention, that would cause an outrage as well because rape is a terrible crime

edit on 17-12-2014 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is an example of a current cultural pattern of destruction
of the concept
but more important the actual use
of free speech in the USA.

The liberal/progressives not only want to control people's speech
they want to control our thought processes as well

By controlling speech, one ends up controlling and manipulating thought.

We are entering a day and age where not only has incorrect speech become a cultural "crime"
punishable by ostracization / job and business loss / and ridicule

BUT "incorrect" thought as defined by liberals/progressives/Democrats is not just ostracizable but is codified by law as a true crime punishable by jail time
(ie hate crimes; the term is mostly used on majority race who attack minority race;
minority race attacking majority race is very rarely defined as a hate crime through cultural excuses;
and minority race upon minority race crimes are never defined as a hate crime)

The control mechanism of correct speech, thought
and behavior is social media
and defined by liberals'/progressives/Democrats
and is punished through the complicit actions of the mass media.

edit on 8Wed, 17 Dec 2014 20:54:44 -0600pm121712pmk173 by grandmakdw because: format addition

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This does seem Bizarre.

If this was an issue, I would think it would be a case by case. Such as there will be questions about sexual crimes on the test...let the instructor know if you have a problem with this. Then perhaps there is a secondary test that those few could take. maybe that's pandering too much? But that seems like the logical alternative.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

What I love saying to feminists is that they should have to join selective service and be able to be drafted into the infantry during times of war. I've never had one reply yet....so maybe one can answer me. If its all gonna be equal...they should have to fight for their country too.

Problem is fanatics on any side or any group everyone such a bad name..they will argue anything...(case in point above!)...I dated a pretty big feminist back in the day who at least had a sense of humor about it if I cracked a joke.
edit on 17-12-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

What I love saying to feminists is that they should have to join selective service and be able to be drafted into the infantry during times of war. I've never had one reply yet....so maybe one can answer me. If its all gonna be equal...they should have to fight for their country too.

Problem is fanatics on any side or any group everyone such a bad name..they will argue anything...(case in point above!)...I dated a pretty big feminist back in the day who at least had a sense of humor about it if I cracked a joke.

But now you're lumping all feminists in one sweeping generalization and stereotype. I know many women that identify as feminists who would think this is a joke, and I also know other self identifying feminists that would love to serve in the infantry. Equality means many things....Women should be equal to men under the law...remember that it was only a few short decades ago that we didn't even allow them to vote in the USA. We're still backwards in that regard in many areas.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Feminists should be labelled as a terrorist group and I think they will be soon. Every feminist is a miserable disgruntled self-serving nobody.

It is about time they were told to shut up or be labelled for what they truly are.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So, let me understand this....because I am having trouble believing what I am reading. This is within the context of a legal education program? A program with the goal of having men and women represent the public and even corporations in legal proceedings, perhaps even legal debates in a courtroom someday. And they are spooked by mere words??

Hmm...These topics they are so spooked over are part of the legal process. If they are that traumatized, yes seek counseling. Also, perhaps this field is not a good match, and something more fitting their sensitivities is more in order?

If they refuse to answer questions of a legal nature on an exam, then, they should get zero credit for that section......period. Trying to placate folks with "special tests" or deferring the teaching of these areas is not doing anyone any good. Someone in the future will be employing them in this field, and, are they going to mention in their interview or to the BAR association that they were traumatized by a word or particular area of law?

Right....I guess someone has to graduate at the bottom of the class.

edit on 12/17/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

We're still backwards in that regard in many areas.

Naw, not really.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Ya I know I lumped em all in together cause they all annoy me just a tad...but I earned it...I dated one...and if it makes you feel any better I've never voted and had ample opportunities too

Your post reminds of something...didn't they have animal abuse laws before child abuse laws or something like that....backwards indeed.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

It would be like someone with a fear of fire becoming a firefighter and expecting the training to have no hands on experience. Or something. I'm bad at analogies.

I feel very sympathetic toward rape victims and victims of violence that are suffering. My mild bout with anxiety recently was freaking horrible, I can't imagine what "real" anxiety would feel like. I was having issues driving on the highway. Guess who wouldn't have tried to become a cab driver? Hint (it was me).

I don't mind some considerations being made in certain circumstances for people that are genuinely suffering. This isn't giving someone with dyslexia a few extra minute on a test. This is dumb, and people that want it are failing to realize it would greatly inhibit their understanding of topics if they get to pick and choose what makes them comfortable, especially when dealing with the legal system.

I think one thing should be pointed out about the word feminist. The word has become convoluted. Back in the day, and not that far back, it meant someone that believed men and women should be treated equally. I totally agree with that. Women should be allowed to vote, not expect that having their asses grabbed is part of the job description and feel comfortable taking on roles other than housewife. By the old definition I'm a freaking feminist.

This new wave of feminism is bizarre. It is hateful. It is the polar opposite of equality. It's about denigrating all men, especially straight white men. Basically the more pity points you can rack up, the more important you are to these people.

Are you a deaf, blind midget that is gender fluid and missing a leg and have a hook hand? Do you also think that you are a dragon? Are you white but identify as black (sometimes Chinese)?

Do you become enraged when people won't hire you because your face is covered in tattoos? Do you have a polyamorous relationship that includes your goldfish? Do you become enraged when people refer to you as a certain pronoun other than xim (he and she are SO oppressive)? Do you think that a man asking for a woman's phone number is essentially rape? Do you grow out your armpit hair (if born female) or shave your armpits (if born male) just so that you can go to the gym and get disgusted with people that may happen to notice? Did you find it offensive I said you were born a certain gender? Congratulations, these idiots will idolize you, until they find something to get pissed at you about because that's all they want to do. They just want to be pissed.

It is incredibly disturbing that this weird hypocritical nonsense has gained a foothold. Love everyone, unless they're normal, if they're normal they're scum.

I need this:

edit on 1720141220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

But now you're lumping all feminists in one sweeping generalization and stereotype. I know many women that identify as feminists who would think this is a joke, and I also know other self identifying feminists that would love to serve in the infantry. Equality means many things....Women should be equal to men under the law...remember that it was only a few short decades ago that we didn't even allow them to vote in the USA. We're still backwards in that regard in many areas.

The 19th ammendment was passed in 1920 so it was 96 years ago not just a few short decades as you stated.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

The 19th ammendment was passed in 1920 so it was 96 years ago not just a few short decades as you stated.

Slavery was abolished in the 1860's, over 50 years before women could vote. I would say slavery is still in the public conscious. Women being treated equally is really pretty new.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: guitarplayer

Slavery was abolished in the 1860's, over 50 years before women could vote. I would say slavery is still in the public conscious. Women being treated equally is really pretty new.

My point was women got the vote in 1920 not just a few decades ago it has been almost 100 years.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I was raped by a feminist once or twice. I also consider myself a male feminist but Im sure some of the misguided girls think Im there to hit on girls. I am all for equal rights but with certain women, not all by any means, but some, I feel like they think I have some type of sexual agenda, which isn't true.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hmmm....: this whole "don't say the word violate" because it violates me... Hahahaha! I mean, that could not be more comedic if it were written into a sketch comedy show. Oh wait, it pretty much has been. Portlandia anyone? The Feminist Bookstore..... It's my favorite part of the shows, because it is SO FREAKING ABSURD! I just watched one last night, and I heard "don't say penalize".

Seriously, if you haven't seen it, it will give you a laugh at these absurdities!

Oh, I am also reminded of a classmate that cringed and voiced how much she hated the word "moist" in relation to an anatomy and physiology class. It was quite amusing; but she never asked the instructor to stop, because that would have been silly.
edit on 17-12-2014 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You had me belly laughing! And you are so right!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join