It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2009 I went crazy, OR had immense spiritual experience of an alternate reality....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I thought I'd share my experience I had in 2009. It was quite bizarre to say the least, and yes I did end up being hospitalized because of what I was saying to my wife and others around me of what I was experiencing. Something occurred and its simply a puzzling time in my life but I will explain what I experienced, and you judge for yourselves.

I started to do some visualisations, I won't go into what they were right now, but lets just say around 24 hours of constantly visualising certain shapes/colours at my pineal, I started to 'shift'.

First thing I noticed is that colours started to become a little brighter, more crisp, as if my vision had improved.

I noticed the length of my wifes hair had slightly increased, and had a 'purple' or 'violet' tinge to it. She then started to wear her hair differently - as if I've n ever seen it before - somewhat futuristic, I shrugged it off as maybe I just didn't notice this before.

I would then start to see everyones eyes 'glow' a certain colour. News presenters had glowing of various shades, and even their pupiles would be different, some seemed as if they had facelifts. Then I would recall the public on tv, some were rather.... sick it seemed. There was a story about a drug raid, and there were 'witnesses' to the event. The person being interview had no pupils, was totally white, and the glow was a 'dark - burnt) like colour. Something inside me said this person was a user of drugs.

At this point I started to recognise that the traffic was different, cars would look futuristic type, not flying or super different, just looked clean, polished, like the entire middle class had upgraded their transport to types of cars I've not seen before. Homes would look really nice, clean, and futuristic in some way, hard to explain, it was just like someone turned the knob on 'make it better'.

At this same stage, my wife said to me I looked unwell. To me she looked super, nice hair, her natural beauty was flawless, and of course the violet tinge in her hair also now glowing purple/violet eyes.

After this started to occur, it was decided that psychiatric team would visit me. The team looked like SUPER professionals, I can't explain it, it was as if I was no longer seeing their 'physical' attributes, but more so mental aptitudes was oozing through their appearance, looked somewhat 'alien' but aged.

OH they looked like they were very 'learned' and aged, but in a young body...so so hard to explain. I think I saw the movie version of "halo" where this was repeated and I recognised a similarity to what I went through.

So the psych team driving me to hospital, everything was futuristic, clean etc.... then went into the psych evaluation room, where the nurses had 'toys'. Now im serious, all their equipment looked like KIDS TOYS. Plastic, old, weathered, the thermometer they used didn't beep, it simply looked like a toy. The patients in there, some of them had no pupils, with the 'black' burnt glow around them, later I found they were uses of certain substances and had psychotic episodes. Another person was identified as being autistic, he'd smile often at me and for some wacked out reason I could hear his thoughts as if he was trying to communicate with me via ESP.

Ok so now drugged up with injections and medications, the toys started to soon be 'upgraded' to real tools, they started to look 'normal'. The eyes of people stopped glowing, and pupils started to re-appear. It seemed I lost what I had experienced.

But thats not the bad thing.... it got worse before it got better. All the equipment started to look futuristic in the psych ward, in there, patients whom looked unwell - looked like they were well. One person told me that I looked 'really sick' mentally. To me she was worse than me when I was first in there, now she looked like she had recovered, but to her I was looking unwell.

During group walks, the first time we went out, long gone the futuristic cars and homes, now everything was flipped. There were broken down cars on the side of the road, all traffic looked old and lots of dents/dings in automobiles, I recall homes looked like exactly how 'marty' from back to the future 2 went back to 1985 - it looked like the world had gone to ****.

I won't talk too much about the flipped version of reality I was experiencing, lets just say I felt safer in the psych ward.

Over the 2 weeks I was in the psych ward, people started to look unwell again, the equipment went back to where they were before, and looked 'normal' not futuristic - nor were they toys, and my wifes hair looked normal again, no glowing of peoples eyes, and that was that. I was let go as now being stable, and have been on the same medications since.

So to all readers. What in the world happened! I have an idea that I may have seen different layers of reality, my point of view altered and so did everyone else around me experience 'me' differently too. Was quite strange, but a memory of about 3 weeks I'll never forget.

Marty

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Im a Marty

What a story. Hope things have stabilized for you one way or another.
In all sincerity, it would make a killer screenplay. Write it all down immediately. No detail is too small.
The psychedelic imagery would come across great on the big screen.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So to all readers. What in the world happened! I have an idea that I may have seen different layers of reality, my point of view altered and so did everyone else around me experience 'me' differently too. Was quite strange, but a memory of about 3 weeks I'll never forget.

At the risk over topping the TnC, sounds like an Acid trip.

Maybe someone spiked your coffee.

BTW, love that Avatar.
edit on 17-12-2014 by intrptr because: BTW

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Hey inverse,

Yes i've been stable for the last 5 years, the meds help for sure, but its like I want to experience the positiveness of that again, however what I recall is that I was 'unwell' to everyone else, and I can't risk that now, my daughter and wife would suffer more so...

Interesting about the screenplay, never thought of that!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ahhh well It wasn't chemically induced

Glad you like the avatar

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'd like to read more on how you got your pineal gland to awaken.

Care to share more?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

In what sense did you appear unwell? What were your apparent signs and symptoms?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dezertdog

I'd like to read more on how you got your pineal gland to awaken.

Care to share more?

The archetype was a 3D Octahedron at the pineal gland. I won't say the colour as this is what supposedly indicates 'when' you go (ie future or past or present). I also simply lowered the octahedron and put the pineal at the top point. It varied what I did over the 24 hours, but yeah thats the 'rough' principal

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou

In what sense did you appear unwell? What were your apparent signs and symptoms?

Well I don't recognise being unwell myself during this phase, but to others I did.

I 'have' been psychotic in the past, and I 'know' when i've been in this state, my wife said I showed similar symptoms.

What I was describing of my reality seemed 'unnatural' to them as it was everyone elses reality......but not my usual one.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You said people thought you looked unwell. What did you see when you looked in the mirror?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Maybe you got your pineal gland to release some form of natural '___'?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If you have ever done acid there is a slight possiblity that you could have a trip even if you have not done the drug
and begin to feel the side effects.. even years afterwards.

On another note, it does seem like an alternate reality.. what got me was the eyes.
It is said that the way to a person's soul is through their eyes..
So if you did have a more spiritual experience it would explain that.
Maybe the darkened eyes=dark soul .. ect..

Very interesting experience! I know it must have been scary as well. Glad you are feeling better.
But you may have seen a dimension not many people have..

edit on 17-12-2014 by GoldenOne23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: compressedFusion

You said people thought you looked unwell. What did you see when you looked in the mirror?

I looked normal.... as if I looked any other day..

Thats the thing, it was strange, I looked normal.

When i was actually psychotic in 2002, I actually was unwell and looked unwell in the mirror.... does that make sense.

In 2009 I felt like nothing had changed in me....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
dimethyltryptamine

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Great thread, Marty. Very brave, I think, to be so open about this experience. I tend to react like intrptr, as it seems like an induced acid trip. And yes, it would translate well on a screen. I've always found that people comment on other's appearances as seeming "unwell," as sort of a social manipulation. It's a dead end kind of road you get set on when someone says that to you, as there's nothing you can really say in your defense of your appearance….lol.

I knew someone who was diagnosed as manic depressive, with psychotic episodes who experienced something like this when they first began treating hm with lithium. He said everything he was seeing was sharper, clearer, and the colors more vibrant than he'd ever seen. He was indeed, likely experiencing the high end of the manic spectrum, and like you, missed it when it left him.

This is a difficult area, as many manifesting "medical," or "mental" issues can be evaluated differently by different social structures….psychotic episodes can be seen by the catholic church as stigmata, etc. And then putting a quantum mechanical spin on the magnetic moment of the electrons spinning into that layer of "reality" for you to perceive….well, then "science," can put a whole other layer of spin and perception to your experience.

I am always fascinated by this kind of gray area experience, that could be all those things at the same time: a psychotic break, a stigmata, and an alternate reality….

Great thread. Should be an interesting discussion.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: alwayslearning33

Whilst trying to keep the T&C's....

Let me iterate, there was no usage or past usage of chemicals that would contribute to doing this.

At best, was probably lack of sleep and 3 weeks of mania... (Was excited to experience what I was experiencing)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ahhh well It wasn't chemically induced

Sorry, going on what you described "sounding like" what I've experienced.

Just the one occurrence in "2009"?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes just this once 'this' sort of experience in 2009. It was the last time i was hospitalised.

Previously I had psychotic breaks, and admittingly, I was unwell then

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience.

If you don't mind my asking, what was your diagnosis, and what meds are you taking to counter the condition?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Thanks for sharing your experience.

If you don't mind my asking, what was your diagnosis, and what meds are you taking to counter the condition?

Diagnosed Schizoaffective - Abilify for psychosis and Pristiq for depression
edit on 14/12/17 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join