It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriotic movies get snubbed by Hollywood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

oh i see how it is confusing for you.

i was outlining that defending the country is considered the highest form of patroitism.

if we expand the definition as you point too then just about every movie with a good ending and location set in america then all those movies are patriotic.

Bottom line is that the movies would not exist without the sacrifice of the military.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe you are confused. Defending Iraq isn't defending the US.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You can not say that as fact but rather an opinion.

We would have to be aware of all the influences in the situation.

We are not.

What are you really trying to say here?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Contrary to popular belief, war movie does not equal patriotic. Not to say small bit a patriotism can be found but that might be said about many movies.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

well sure. We would first have to decide what war we are talking about. Two rival groups on a school playground warring with eachother is not really patroitic unless we stretch the definition but one of the movies in question called american sniper is highly patroitic for many reasons but i think you just beat around the bush here and should have said several post ago that you do not think kyle was patroitic?
edit on 24-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think the movie selma is also highly patriotic also.

It outlines a different form of patriotism that does often go unrecognized.

Much like the oath that service men and women have to take they are sworn to defend against enemies forrign and domestic.

America was born deformed because of the part in the foundation that says all men are created equal while at the same time that equality has come at a great price of sacrifice that is often still today unrecognized. It is a battle just like the rest that continues to be fought because our military gives us the option of surviving as a country to out grow our deformity and become something many long ago envisioned. and the wars wage on...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Yes I want folks not to confuse rank nationalism with patriotism the two IMO are slightly different,it was our..well civilians patriotic duty not to send us to fight unnecessary wars or wars bought about by an obvious lie,it was their patriotic duty to question our civilian leaders and not just flag wave or tie a yellow ribbon around a tree, to insist the 5th estate.."Media" remain free and not just a mouth piece for gov and military brass,civilians need to have that same COURAGE UNDER FIRE as the men and women sent over there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join