It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Premiere of Sony Film, The Interview, cancelled

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If you want to see the scene that they don't want you to see and which has caused all of this unfathomable drama follow this white rabbit.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't understand the 11/9/01 reference, who is this "hacking" group supposed to be?

Are they talking about bringing down the cinema systems in a DDoS style attack, or something larger like actually blowing stuff up in the picture houses?

With them mentioning that people living nearby the cinemas should vacate their properties, it has to make you wonder how large of an attack if it is of that nature.

Now, if it is your usual anonymous groups, then I highly doubt physical terrorism would be involved, if it is the North Koreans....well we all know they are more talk than action....but which of the main groups out there affected by Sony could actually be capable of pulling something serious off?

I think it's just scare tactics (yes, indeed a basic form of terrorism) to try and lose Sony some more money and credibility.

I also think that NOT showing the movie on Christmas day is a bad move and giving in to these tossers.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So many possible conspiracies....

Anyways, like the poster above...I call bull# that no one can overcome hacking.

And like the another poster intimated - gotta wonder if it's an effort by someone
to change a societal paradigm...like the movie industry for example. Because - come on - NK isn't going to stop people from seeing this movie AND why, in the year 2014, do we even need movie theaters?
edit on 12/17/2014 by kosmicjack because: dang freaky auto correct!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

i saw that when you posted it the other day....looks funny
i think the movie is going to be pretty funny
i hope it hits the net as soon as possible

this is the perfect movie to enjoy with party favors

rogen is on the cover of rolling stone this month and there is a pretty good write up about him.
he is not as dumb as everyone thinks.
he is as stoned as everyone thinks but he is a smart dude and i say good for him.

i like him. i like evan goldberg.

they figured out a formula. they have enough clout that they are given millions of dollars to make 'stoner' movies. they are doing what they want to do, how they want to do it.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
here
www.rollingstone.com...

rogen is also very much involved in speaking for alzheimer's awareness. he has a charity devoted to it.

he just spoke about the disease in front of the united states senate appropriations subcommittee on labor, health and human services

^^^^thats enough for me to like him.

he does not conform and thats awesome
sony asked him not to have kim cheese die in the film and he said nope. they asked him to tone the death down and he said nope.
he is doing what he wants to do.

i think he deserves more credit. he was doing script punch ups before he got popular.
he and goldberg wrote the majority of superbad when they were 13-14
how many 13 year olds write a screenplay?

he also speaks his mind which is very refreshing.
i remember in an interview he called bieber a piece of #. that was great
said he met him at some awards show and he was wearing a snake as a bracelet..like a real snake

i like his style

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
we should all go watch this movie because fat boy is crying about it

scroll through this

www.upworthy.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
North Korea is doing us all a favour.

I spent $12 bucks to see Rogen's last POS and walked out 17 minutes into it.

If I'd walked out within 15 minutes, I could have got a refund.

I wouldn't put it past Franco/Rogen to produce an UN-releasable feature for the publicity value alone.

Ken Russel's 'The Devils' is still in the news, selling books, and filling arthouse theatres 30 years after it's non-release.

Hey, if the choices are:

a) yet another 'turd'(to use site vernacular) or b) front page news; the smart money would go with 'b)'.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
It's all just like the script of a crappy Hollywood movie!

Somewhere in the bowels of a NSA bunker in Utah, there is a bunch of geeks wetting themselves over the chaos they are creating as a means to usher in new laws to curb the internet and file sharing.

Sorry, what am I thinking.... it's North Korea behind it, I mean, it's obvious, what with the film content and all.

I gotta agree. It's North Korea just like it was Lee Harvey Oswald, lol!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Bundy also owed millions of dollars in taxes...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

Yeah, poor example, but I stand behind the premise. I'll give you a star for pointing out my bias.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Care to provide any evidence of any of this or are we just in hearsay mode?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I could be wrong but it seems that this movie set out to break unwritten forrign policy rules. Can you point me to any other satirical film that has been realeased that portrays the attempted killing of a dictator that holds millions of his own people hostage everyday. It seems wreckless to me.

Please show me that i am wrong about this and that this film is not crossing unwritten lines. Even in rogans interview with the funny news cc he admitted his goal was to make fun of the worlds most powerful dictator in the most realistic way possible. That puts every one of you in unwanted danger even if you can not see how it does.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I so hope that some hackers that hate threats of terror to the public over the greediness and political influence of companiescompanies steal the movie and made iit to watch for free.

They would get Sony and people that use fear in one act.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

There used to be tons of movies just like that during WWII.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

idk maybe I'm missing something but since when does hacking equate to death?? What are they going to do? Hack the film projector and make it explode? Hack the coffee maker or pop corn machines? Hack the up escalator and make it go down?

What's the big fear?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Are there movie theaters in our Embassy's?
Do they get new releases

Remember Bengazi

This wouldn't be the first time a 'movie' was 'blamed' for 'terrrorist' attack done by uh...peaceful protesters

Look out Ferguson, somebodys got an excuse to go shootin stuff up

X

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

God knows - I'm just the messenger

The "threat" is quite ambiguous, but I suppose the intention was to convey a physical threat of attack, rather than some kind of software based approach. Quite how this group would go about planning such a thing, or even if they're capable, I couldn't say.

It is a very basic form of terrorism though - make a demand coupled with threats of violence if your demand is not met, although I do think it to be a totally hollow threat and I'm sure those cinema's that do show it will be just fine.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

because the implication is one of a physical attack, on american soil, over a goddamn movie...

i mean, it's vague enough to be one of many things, but there is no mistaking that it is a vague threat of physical destructive action..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
While whomever is doing all this must be pissing off Sony with the gossip/emails/wages leaks,I think they will make this film one of the biggest box office hits for a while.

I wonder if they aware of that?

All this pre release controversy,and the canceling of the movie in NY,and maybe other places is giving this movie the best hype it could hope for...couple that with the perception of many that this is North Korea trying to tell them what to do-and you have a film that will be attendend by many people who otherwise would not have gone to see it.

Now here's a long shot hypothesis-Someone inside Sony is doing this to clear out some of the management they don't like,wind up a few actors,and make "the interview" break box office records.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: deadeyedick

There used to be tons of movies just like that during WWII.

I do not know if you ment to but you hit the nail. It is pure WAR PROPAGANDA and only brings us closer to a ww.
Personally i love to watch rogan and crews films but that is because i supported mj legalization in some areas. I do not support ww3 yet.
Let's be honest those films influence society much and alphabet agencies could only wish to have such effect. That is if they do not already via such means.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join