It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations to me! I did it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
I deleted Facebook! Hooray and Haleluja

read a book for once in ya lifetimes. No wonder my generation ( i am 24 ) got the iq of a squirrel and the attention of a hamster.

hehehe... your generation do got had have had datz IQz LOLZ OMGZ

I actually have a facebook. I don't look at it much. I don't have a phone so it's a way for people to get a hold of me. Otherwise you have to find me on the street.

Congratulations. I think this will be good for you. Don't say my generation got ever again though.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

Ummm...Awesome...I've never had a facepalm book presence...nor the old myface either for that matter...although i have posted some schtick on various walls once or twice...

IDK...I guess I just thought that TMI...was TMI..............KWIM...?

God I just luv these hyphenations...it makes me feel all......empowered.

YouSir

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Never had facebook never will.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
We have never even considered FB at any time, however the wife was pressured to advertise her Yoga classes on there and after a 3 minute chat she agreed it would be a mistake.

We just don't understand the attraction but then to each his own I guess.
Great news that you toasted it and never ever look back you will be much wiser than in the past. Like one poster said above it's all "Look at Me" and nothing else.

Enjoy your new freedom
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I like Facebook. Before it, I never got any news about my relatives in the US.
Now I can know when cousins are getting married, and having babies and stuff. I can see the weddings I missed, get an idea of what kind of life they are living, ... I don't always understand the complaints people have about it, but whatever. to each his own!

I am the only poorsap that starred you.

I just opened another account to keep in touch with friends and family.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i dont get it, kinda pointless axing your account.
but some people just want to tell everyone they dont have a facebook page.
maybe youre one of those people.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
i dont get it, kinda pointless axing your account.
but some people just want to tell everyone they dont have a facebook page.
maybe youre one of those people.

You seem upset the OP no longer has a facebook account? Why the sorrow?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder
well i doubt the op has axed their fb account any.
maybe i am upset. upset people see fb as a bad thing .
if you dont like fb, the problem is most likeley with you.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
well i doubt the op has axed their fb account any.
maybe i am upset. upset people see fb as a bad thing .
if you dont like fb, the problem is most likeley with you.

Well it's fairly obvious this thread is about toasting facebook and almost if not all posters so far accept the fact it is worthless.
Not only worthless but it is also a major invasion of privacy and also a security risk to anyone who knows squat about these things.
If you Love facebook you are in the wrong thread my friend. :-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i dont love fb, but its far from worthless, anything negative about it is your fault.
my privacy and security(?) have never been affected.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ha good for you dude. I myself find nothing wrong with Facebook in itself, in fact I find ATS more of a bother these days then Facebook, its getting to gloomy around here even for me, a few years ago it was more cheery around here and more intriguing threads.

Generally there is nothing much on Facebook, but you know its still good to have if nothing more then keeping in touch with family persons, and considering some of those are in other countries for me, though even now I only if barely rarely talk to them, and when I do its usually over some hilarity somebody posted in a youtube vid.

Though even that gets old, for instance my sister all she does is post pictures of her kids and all that stuff, though that is a normal thing especially for women her age. And there is all kinds of people as well. If anything I find myself reading stupid cracked articles and just wondering why I still have not deleted them, probably for the same reasons why I still am on Facebook or even ATS or any site I frequent, because once in a while something will pop up that makes it worth it.

In all its like everything else, merely distractions for a few minutes, once in a while somebody would post something interesting or something that would make me baffle over with lolz. But even that now a days on the Facebook does not happen often. In all, its like everything else, hit or miss, it comes and goes.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

I am the only poorsap that starred you.

I just opened another account to keep in touch with friends and family.

It is very cool these days to proclaim you don't have Facebook. The american culture is always racing so fast, what is in one week is out the other.
Tatoos became so popular, soon only those who don't have any will be the in ones that are cool.
It's like the Star Bellied Sneetches.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Well done mate. I deleted it years ago and I haven't regretted it for a second. In fact, I can quite honestly say it's probably one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. It frees you. What do you have to prove to anyone when you don't have facebook? Nothing. You're a free agent again; free to be yourself.

Enjoy it! I know I have been. You'll be surprised at how different you'll think & behave once you forget all about what it's like to care about what complete strangers think of your life. I found my life changed for the better in almost every way (especially my self-confidence - I'm not anywhere near as anxious as I used to be when I used social media).

It's rubbish anyway. Who really cares about the mundane details of other people's lives? It just gets in the way of what life is really about. You now have more time to live life instead of watching others live and then commenting about it! What a stupid culture social media has become.

Anyway that's awesome. Enjoy your new-found freedom.

Peace!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join