It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations to me! I did it!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I deleted Facebook! Hooray and Haleluja

Their privacy settings is knawing on me like a rat with rabies. Want to sell my photo's and info to businesses? Aw hell no!

+ All the nonsense people drop on facebook minute after minute hour after hour jeez get a life people. read a book for once in ya lifetimes. No wonder my generation ( i am 24 ) got the iq of a squirrel and the attention of a hamster. I can and will no longer participate in this zombienation on the internet. I have to wait 14 days before my account is permanently deleted but i've pushed the button.

Anybody wanna join me? Or celebrate with me?

Freeeeeeeeedom

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Great work!

You'll now be on here for 20minutes a day extra!

Do something productive with that extra time. It really is a horrible thing, Facebook.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

AMEN to that. I got rid of it years ago. My wife has it and it's brain rot. I would much rather spend time checking out ATS than logging into Facebook. My wise old mother, who is in her 70s, says that it's the work of the devil and signifies the fall of civilisation. I don't think she's far wrong.

Anyway well done for breaking free from the shackles.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Congratulations ... have a beer

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I made an account to keep up with distant family, pictures, stuff like that, but finally got tired of the BS and deleted my account. They were constantly changing the privacy rules and not for the protection of the users. The main reason though, was shallow, ignorant people. I could post an article showing them how corrupt a politician was or how Monsanto was poisoning us and it would get 2 likes. Putting up an article showing abusive cops getting caught in the act would get me all sorts of replies saying I just didn't understand how stressful it was and I was should stop picking on heroes just trying to do their job.
Post a picture of my ferret doing something cute and I'd get 100. I quickly learned that the general population doesn't want to be informed, just constantly entertained.

edit on 17-12-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I made an account to keep up with distant family, pictures, stuff like that, but finally got tired of the BS and deleted my account. They were constantly changing the privacy rules and not for the protection of the users. The main reason though, was shallow, ignorant people. I could post an article showing them how corrupt a politician was or how Monsanto was poisoning us and it would get 2 likes. Putting up an article showing abusive cops getting caught in the act would get me all sorts of replies saying I just didn't understand how stressful it was and I was should stop picking on heroes just trying to do their job.
Post a picture of my ferret doing something cute and I'd get 100. I quickly learned that the general population doesn't want to be informed, just constantly entertained.

And it would seem most are inadvertently racist here in the UK.

Facebook shows us how much of a sad world we live in.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Thanx everybody for the replies so far. I agree facebook is dumbing down the people and it was/is sickening to see it happening in front of my eyes. I only used the facebook messenger i never dropped nonsense on my page and my page was completely empty because i chose it to be. It feels good to get rid of my acount.

A small step for the human race
A giant step for me

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It is my understanding, facebook does not delete accounts. They only deactivate them. If you ever sign back in, it reactivates the account. Maybe that has changed since I last checked into it. Nevertheless, congrats. No use in giving them more than they already have.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

edit on 17-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: Nevermind

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I never had it. My philosophy is if I haven't spoken to you since high school I have a pretty good reason not to have.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Congrats to you! LOL I always said I would never have one but I do. It is the only way I can talk to my husband overseas without the phone. It's the only way he can see pictures and get updates on our son.

Their privacy settings don't bother me because I have nothing I dont want people to see. I am a stay at home mom. My posts are random and mostly baby pics and food.

Facebook keeps me entertained at times and yes there is a lot of crap on their but I dont care what another posts on their page. It is THEIR page

I follow ATS on there and a few other sites i use to frequent. It's much easier than coming to ATS. I use my iPhone most of the time and ATS if very hard to read on it and even reply. I do much better on my iMac, which I am actually on now for once! WOOHOO!

I have friends who I have known online from Myspace for 10 yrs that I have never met that i keep in touch with on Facebook. I keep in touch with my family via Facebook as well. I have a big family and everyone is spread out! It's nice to see pics and their lives even though I'm not there.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I never did join Facebook; you quitting it I think is great! Like you said...what is wrong with reading a book once in a while...or (I say) writing a hand written letter to someone.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Well played.
I never liked the idea of facebook,and never joined.
I have been called antisocial by friends who are on it,and lost touch with some over not being prepared to join up.
Do I give a crap that everyone can't watch my life on FB? Hell no.

Next step is to ditch your cell phone-I am nearly a year without one,and it has been a liberating experience.
I don't miss it at all,and if I ever need one in an emergency,almost everyone else in the country has one I could borrow in a time of desperate need.Still have a house phone,so I am not totally isolated.

All I need now is a remote cabin in the woods,and I will have gone full Luddite(minus the dress).

For some reason the more technology advances,the more I wish to lead a simple old school existence.
I think I was born in the wrong century..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
It is my understanding, facebook does not delete accounts. They only deactivate them. If you ever sign back in, it reactivates the account. Maybe that has changed since I last checked into it. Nevertheless, congrats. No use in giving them more than they already have.

They have a 14 day change ur mind thing going on now. So if i log back in now i have to delete it again
but after 14 days its gone 4 ever....i hope. To hell with them and their evil agenda

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Well played.
I never liked the idea of facebook,and never joined.
I have been called antisocial by friends who are on it,and lost touch with some over not being prepared to join up.
Do I give a crap that everyone can't watch my life on FB? Hell no.

Next step is to ditch your cell phone-I am nearly a year without one,and it has been a liberating experience.
I don't miss it at all,and if I ever need one in an emergency,almost everyone else in the country has one I could borrow in a time of desperate need.Still have a house phone,so I am not totally isolated.

All I need now is a remote cabin in the woods,and I will have gone full Luddite(minus the dress).

For some reason the more technology advances,the more I wish to lead a simple old school existence.
I think I was born in the wrong century..

You and me both friend. I wanna get off the grid. I see society becoming like that movie Idiocrazy where in the future everybody is retarded. Maybe a change is gonna come? One can only hope

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Good for you! What a massive waste of time. Millions of people posting "Look at me! Look at me! Look where I am right now! Look what I'm about to eat for dinner that someone else cooked! Look at this video/picture that's not of me and wasn't taken by me! Me-me-me. I-I-I.

Does anyone ever look at those and say "Bob is about to have a delicious looking cheeseburger at the bar and grill. I wish I was more like Bob."

"Oh, Bob just checked in at the airport. Now he's at his hotel. That minx. He's always somewhere!"

edit on 12172014 by XP100 because: found a mistake

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm on the verge of deleting myself.

Friends and family sharing posts from "Britain First" and "Immigrant Watch"... It's hard to keep my cool otherwise Christmas day might be awkward.

It is actually terrifying how blindly the majority of people will believe any photo with text on it as fact.

edit on Wednesdayam171431Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:20:24 -0600202014-12-17T11:20:24-06:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I like Facebook. Before it, I never got any news about my relatives in the US.
Now I can know when cousins are getting married, and having babies and stuff. I can see the weddings I missed, get an idea of what kind of life they are living, ... I don't always understand the complaints people have about it, but whatever. to each his own!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I agree OP. I'll go on there every once in a while and see people posting memes about science (they seem to think it makes them look intelligent....), pics of lunches (as if Burger King is fine dining), sunsets, drinks, dogs, cars (I noticed the more expensive the car, the more confident the person gets. So what were they lacking in the beginning???).

FB is a cesspool, a cultural sewer. I weep for the future.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
That`s good news

I used to play those games on facebook about 5-6 years ago,it didn`t last long though they banned my account because they found out I used fake info to sign up,I haven`t been back to facebook since then. I always wondered how they knew that I used fake info,but knowing what I know now about facebook I no longer wonder about that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join