It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your cat bored out of his mind? Please share your cat entertainment and toys here..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: Nyiah

I actually never had a problem with any cats (and I've had cats all my life) till this particular one. He's very needy and I think he infected the other one. I'll spend time petting him and he likes to sit on my lap, but once I do something on my own he'll start crying.

Sounds like our middle cat that we had to euthanize not too long ago (kitty cancer) She was a shelter adoption who was badly abused as a kitten, and had lingering lifelong behavior issues. Anyway, what sounds similar to her is the clingy-ness. If you petted her 5 seconds, or 5 hours, it didn't matter. If you stopped, she'd try to get you to keep going, in a very overly affectionate, almost smothering manner. And she was quite vocal about it also, as if to say "Love me, love me! Pet me! PLEASE!" If yours was a shelter adoption/rescue, perhaps past abuse from a previous person may be at fault. If not, it could just be who they are, maybe an anxiety-prone personality.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Water. If I put the tub on drip it keeps my cat busy for hours. She chases the drops. Loves water. She's totally black. Probably from a panther strain of cat. They love water. Most house cats come from the lynx line. Not happy water cats.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
i actually have 3 cats. 2 are adults and we just brought a kitten home back in august. He definitely brought lots of fun with him. He was able to keep himself busy but he got my 2 older cats playing again and basically the three of them are inseparable. It can be hard trying to get an older cat to play, sometimes they just get lazy. I do have this one toy y cats never out grew. it was a cat tunnel and you can get it for really cheap at walmart, and my cats have used that toy from the day i brought it home and they still go nuts over it. so if you never has a cat tunnel i say def give one a try. My cats have everything under the sun too, but that tunnel really gets them going. what about an old fashioned shoe string? honestly sometimes the cheapest things are the most fun for your cat. see if they like to chase a shoe string around, and as others have said, paper and plastic bags, boxes (ive never seen a cat resist a box), what about a roll of toilet paper? do you think they would play with that? i know its a bit messy but they sure seem to have a blast playing with it. The one cat i had played with bags and toilet paper right up until he died at 15yrs. GOOD quality catnip is always fun, it will definitely get your cats in a more playful mood. Maybe give them some catnip and then play with them. As others have said give them lots of attention. i really think that all cats are attention mongers! well i hope at least something i have said will help you and your cats. i think you just need to get a little creative and you will find something.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That's really funny. My cat is also black and loves drinking dripping water. If the water is dripping in the tub, will sit there and lap up the dripping water even if his bowl is full. Probably can't think of anything better to do.
edit on 19-12-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: miss_sky

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join