It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathe Easy, Don't Break The Law...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

LOL, Naw, just part I bolded. That'll fit on the door just fine. The rest can go on a T Shirt, front and back.

Yes, I've seen cops whose actions and attitudes seem to display the opinion that their power was God given. But so do many politicians and judges.

edit on 17-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Ahhh now I understand. That WOULD fit.

I've never been big on the power trips. Don't understand it but won't pretend I haven't seen them in action. If I pull somebody over, they're getting a ticket. But that's because if I pull somebody over, it's for a genuine reason and not just because they had a plate cover that could theoretically obscure part of their plate.

That being said, I'm not at all above pulling a "Liar, Liar" on our frequent fliers when they complain about always getting jammed up.

Hint: it's Jim Carrey's response to his client needing "legal advice."

Though I'm sure somebody will find that horribly offensive

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: elevatedone

Millions of "F**k the police" shirts are sold, and nobody bats an eyelash.

A handful of "Breathe easy" shirts are sold, and everybody loses their minds.

Yes 'thugs' get to say eff the system, nobody cares about that cause that is who they are and what they stand for

COPS do not get to act like thugs and say "hey just don't break the law and we wont kill you"

Cops are not held to the same standard as the NWA.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Meh. If you read his comments in the article that's not what he intended it as. If the shirt said "don't break the law...breathe easy" I would more readily buy into that being the intended message.

I've already said that I think it's a stupid choice on the creators part. Already said I wouldn't buy it and wouldn't wear it if somebody gave it to me. But if people are allowed to make and wear shirts that say one thing, people are allowed to make shirts that say the opposite. Sort of how things work. Unless you've found a comment by him that shows the message you take from it is his intent, and that cops are the only ones who have ordered the shirt, it's moot.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Millions of "F**k the police" shirts are sold, and nobody bats an eyelash.

A handful of "Breathe easy" shirts are sold, and everybody loses their minds.

Yes 'thugs' get to say eff the system, nobody cares about that cause that is who they are and what they stand for

COPS do not get to act like thugs and say "hey just don't break the law and we wont kill you"

Cops are not held to the same standard as the NWA.

I am no fan of gangsta rap,but you do understand the context of that song F-The Police,because the cops in that community and across L.A were massively corrupt,they sheltered some gangs for protection money while busting others so they were "Thugs" and thus no different from other thugs in colors.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

No I do, didn't mean for it to come across that way just want to make the point that just cause others do it doesn't mean cops get to cause they are held to a higher standard

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
'breath easy'? what incredible bad taste. really.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Spider879

No I do, didn't mean for it to come across that way just want to make the point that just cause others do it doesn't mean cops get to cause they are held to a higher standard

Okay thanks for the clarification.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Probably learned from Al Sharpton.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I certainly have my reservations concerning the decision not to indict in the Garner death, so I don't actually see the value of this shirt considering that I have extreme convictions that there should NOT exist a law stopping someone from selling individual cigarettes on the street. And I don't think it is necessary for multiple officers to enforce such an asinine law (or need to enforce it at all...doesn't NYC get enough taxes out of people?!?!).

But that said, I do agree with the sentiment that--in 99% of all encounters with an LEO--nothing bad will happen to you by an LEO if you're not breaking the law. Even if laws are ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I just want to say with all the cop-bashing and hoping this individual "gets what he deserves," WeRpeons (as far as I've read so far) is the only poster on this thread that has put some logic and thinking into their post.

Instead of posting nonsense and complaining, he/she lays out the question, how can we change this, or what can we do about this?

I also agree with you, WeRpeons, if someone has their pants around their knees and looks like trouble, I'm going to watch them more closely, regardless of race. It's natural for humans (and animals) to be aware of potential threats.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

First off he wasn't peddling loosies on that day his pants wasn't around his ankles and if so..so what ! having bad fashion sense shouldn't be a death sentence,his crime was he broke up a fight between two other individuals the cops showed up, a nemesis cop got in his face over a non-extant crime another hero cop decide to take down a big black bear of a man while others dog pile the hell of of him ended-up choking him to death! btw I am not keen on people with iron crosses and shaved heads covered in tattoos,most are fine folks I guess ,some are definitely thugs but fact is despite my apprehension they are allowed to breathe,why??..because they may look like a family member a neighbor or even yourselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
'If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about' is the idea. A favorite of totalitarian's everywhere.

Also, what's so fun about this is that they can harass you and mistreat you all they want, and if you don't just take it then you're 'resisting arrest'...and you have lost your right to breathe.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
a reply to: WeRpeonsI also agree with you, WeRpeons, if someone has their pants around their knees and looks like trouble, I'm going to watch them more closely, regardless of race. It's natural for humans (and animals) to be aware of potential threats.

The problem is that most, well white people anyways though I'm not sure it's exclusive to whites, are way more likely to think a black person looks 'suspicious' than a white person. It is nothing he is doing, and in most cases it's not a conscious decision by the person. They're not literally thinking to themselves, 'oh yea there's a black guy over there, must be up to no good.' It's subconscious, but very real. They subconsciously think black people are more likely to be 'up to no good.' And so they profile because 'they look like trouble,' and are probably not even conscious that a big part of why they think they 'look like trouble' is their skin. They don't consciously ascribe it to the skin, they certainly wouldn't describe their reasoning in that way. And maybe they didn't mean it at all. But whether their profiling is conscious or not, it is a very real problem. And it is having detrimental effects on the black community which is blatant and statistically provable. If it wasn't for our idea of 'the law' and a certain all-too-common police mentality which is justified by this faulty conception, it wouldn't be much of an issue...but we have the ideas we do, lending itself towards certain police mentality, and when you add that to subconscious suspicion of blacks, you have a real problem of unfairness.
edit on 18-12-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does it seem to imply that if you want to continue breathing, then don't break the law?

Or in other words, if you break the law I'm going to choke you to death?

So now the punishment for breaking the law, any law, is a summary execution in the middle of the street?

It's almost like they're saying "Hey, if that guy wanted to keep breathing, then he shouldn't have broken the law... he got what was coming to him!"

You break the law- you die!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Oh, I get it. So as long as you don't break the law, the cops won't abuse, torture, injure, or kill you. Because, at some point the Gestapo model of law enforcement went into effect, and these things called constitutional, legal, civil, and human rights kinda disappeared. Got it.

So jaywalking now justifies at least a beating, then, if selling loosies constitutes state sanctioned strangulation. Will littering get me tasered to death?

Just making sure I understand the new Blue Line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join