It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathe Easy, Don't Break The Law...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

I'll make one myself. Don't choke me to death for selling single cigarettes. Don't you have a drug dealer or murderer to kill?

I guess when someone says they can't breath, you let them the # up. Sadistic bastards.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Except a lot of folks who stopped breathing haven't done anything and the only thing said by people who are against other folks breathing is oops!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Excessive force is the same as sexually frustrated.

Excessive force is the lack of size between one's legs.

Accountability in Law Enforcement. Nuff said!

I have a few more but you get the point. While some cases are justified, others like big man getting choked to death wasn't one. I see a couple videos where people in wheelchairs were beat on. What the hell was going on in their violent pea sized minds when they did that? I really do want accountability. I don't want to be beat to death for jaywalking. Get a grasp on it now before it escalates into a violent cesspool of # for the everyday civilian.

The funny bastard making the shirts is kissing up to his masters. I bet he stops making those shirts when he gets a beatdown for picking his nose.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Cops have a hard job no doubt and are vastly underpaid for what they do. But It seems like in a the recently publicized case that the the officer botched a text book strangulation, but I kind of think the size of the guy scared the cop. In any case the control measures applied do not appear to match the threat level. Thats a training issue primarily. Should we prosecute them, well as an engineer if I # up a design its my ass and license, so why is it not the same for cops??

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: brokensnipe

Human beings tend to get corrupted when holding power over others. It's our job to hold them accountable. See how the real world works?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: brokensnipe

No, we should fire him for being afraid and letting it cloud his judgement. No room for mistakes that cost human lives.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

So, in other words, "Don't Break the Law, and We Won't Kill You".

That sounds like almost the perfect police slogan. Maybe just a tweak.

"If You Don't Break the Law We are Less Likely to Kill You, But We Still Might Kill You, Especially If You're Black".

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: muchmadness

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the slogan is implying that as long as we don't break the law, we don't get choked to death.
I'll pass.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I was thinking the same thing. Death to tyrants.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I honestly don't think profiling will ever go away. It really can't be controlled on a personal basis. You can change or manage how a police officer approaches a situation, but really if you think about it, it's part of law enforcement.

-If teenagers between the ages of fourteen and seventeen are more likely to shoplift, I'll bet you 10 to 1 store security guards are watching them more closely.

-If young blacks are committing more violent crime in a particular area, I'm sure they will be watched more closely.

-Middle Eastern looking people who are acting suspicious around airports or large events are going to be watched more closely because of the threat of terrorism that's committed by people in that community.

-I'm sure male Mexican drivers crossing the border into the U.S. who are acting nervous or suspicious are being profiled for possibly smuggling drugs. The same goes for Middle Eastern people crossing the border from Canada into the U.S..

-I'm sure bikers and gang members, black and white, are profiled for commingling crimes, dealing drugs, and instigating bar fights.

-Italians, Irish, Russian and the Chinese gangs are probably closely watched for organized crime.

Stereotyping occurs when a cultural segment of the population have a statistical high percentage of committing crimes, violence, shootings or displaying a habit or style that is unique to that community.

If 60% of Russian teenagers were found to have a high percentage of stealing cars, I'm sure police would be suspicious seeing them hanging around parked cars. It's stereotyping, but really, that's part of law enforcement.

^^^^BAM! - Exactly!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Millions of "F**k the police" shirts are sold, and nobody bats an eyelash.

A handful of "Breathe easy" shirts are sold, and everybody loses their minds.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah well....maybe that's because some of us are sick the bs from thugs with badges.
Maybe the fact that MANY people have had run ins with cops (while committing no crime, mind you) and have been accosted and harassed (or worse...beat/shot/killed) for absolutely no reason other than the cop was having a bad day, didn't like your attitude or whatever he decided to be a dick about.

Maybe we're fed up with being told, "be good little slaves and you won't get hurt...but step out of line and we will kill you".

I know I'm fed the f up...and I know many others are too.

That being said, they have every right to print the shirts if they so choose...."good for the goose, good for the gander" and all that.

(I would caution any that buy those to think twice before wearing them some places though....that could be a seriously dangerous position in the right areas of this country at this moment)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Okay, you're fed up. Got it.

My point was that it's rather ironic that people want to get so upset about this shirt and it's meaning, but likely don't bat an eyelash at the other shirt I referenced. Because now all of a sudden it's different and offensive. Not everybody shares your opinion of goose/gander.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

No, it's not ironic. People tolerate and justify the "f##k the police" stuff in certain areas, for a reason. They're often on the receiving end of unwarranted harassment and violence that the police initiate.

They get upset because of something like this because it practically mocks the dying words of a man murdered by police for a damned victimless tax crime. The violence was not justified and it was recorded for all the world to see.
To have someone say that all you have to do is be a good bootlicking slave, shut up and obey......yeah, I don't think so. They can stuff it!

Not everybody shares your opinion of goose/gander.

Nor did I imply they had to.
Your position is made fairly clear here on a daily basis in regards to cops as is mine. We agree to disagree, that's fine with me.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I would rather have a "Pants up - Don't Loot!" T-shirt.

They might as well put up bill boards that say "Don't Think, OBEY!" or "Pay your taxes and shut up, maybe we won't kill you." or the ever popular "Big Brother is Watching!"

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Ahh yes my opinion of not jumping on the bash train at first blush. Still amazes me how easily people on here discount the times when I, and other LEOs, agree that an officer crossed the line, or that something is wrong with a situation. But that sort of thing makes it hard to paint us as LEO apologists, so I do understand why it gets ignored.

I'm sure all the 15 year olds wearing eff the police shirts in suburbia have been jammed up by cops constantly, and have all the reasons in the world to wear them. Or, maybe, they wear them because they think it's cool.

Does the shirt say be a bootlicking slave? Or does it say don't break the law? Because I think it said don't break the law. Which is usually good advice if one doesn't want to worry about the consequences of breaking laws. (ETA - before anybody tries to jump on this statement: no, I'm not saying that being choked is a consequence of breaking the law. Sorry
)

Is the breathe easy thing in poor taste? Yea, it is. I personally don't like it, wouldn't buy it, wouldn't wear it if somebody bought one for me. Doesn't change that it is, actually, ironic that people are okay with one thing but not the other, when at their core both things are the same, just on different sides of the issue.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: had to take the wind outta some sails real quick

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I hope this cop's shop gets burned to the ground and looted for its mockery.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Is the breathe easy thing in poor taste? Yea, it is. I personally don't like it, wouldn't buy it, wouldn't wear it if somebody bought one for me. Doesn't change that it is, actually, ironic that people are okay with one thing but not the other, when at their core both things are the same, just on different sides of the issue.

The shirt and what it represents reminds me a lot of Romans 13, of the Christian Bible. Maybe Police Departments should start using this as their slogan, as they seem to think that their authority is "God" given.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong.

Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended.

In God We Trust?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I've never personally met a cop who thought his power came from God. Maybe you have, but I haven't.

Besides, that quotation would never fit on the door of a patrol car.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join