It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathe Easy, Don't Break The Law...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
South Bend Uniform Company sells 'Breathe Easy Don't Break The Law' shirts

The shirts are designed as a statement of support for law enforcement in response to the popular “I Can’t Breathe” shirts worn by professional and college athletes.

Link

A Michiana police officer and businessman is selling shirts with a slogan supporting police in response to the popular ’I Can’t Breathe“ shirts worn recently by professional and college athletes.

Jason Barthel, a Mishawaka police officer and owner of South Bend Uniform Company, has begun selling black shirts with a police badge and the phrase “Breath Easy Don’t Break The Law,” according to a report from WSBT.

The shirts are intended as a reminder that police are there to help citizens, Barthel told WSBT.

So remember everyone... just ...

Seriously though, I have no problem with "either" side having and wearing these shirt, I know what side I'm on and what I believe.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well if profiling didn't exist I could understand the shirt, seeing how profiling does exist, sometimes for some people it matters not if they broke the law. They will still get stopped by the police and because of ignorance not criminality, they are likely to say or do something to provoke a negative response from said officer. Like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Personally, I think the shirt is distasteful, it's almost like being told "you don't want to die than follow our rules". [snipped].

edit on 16-12-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Dec 16 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped inappropriate comment

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sadly, not breaking the law, doesn't guarantee that you're not going to be the subject of a cop having a bad day...

I'm not really picking sides, but if you've ever been on the receiving end of a cranky cop.....

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
they will probably sell a ton of them

i always wanted this one

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Nice intentions, lost on some.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

Your source says "police officer and BUSINESSMAN". He's only taking advantage of that situation and making money. Smart cop.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Personally, I think the shirt is distasteful, it's almost like being told "you don't want to die than follow our rules". To that I say "blow me".

Unfortunately some tend to bite for no reason at all depending on social status and whereabouts !

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It's hard to breathe easy when you're being strangled to death.

Very distasteful...

Breathe Easy...

I will once you remove your Neanderthal hands from around my throat.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Personally, I think the shirt is distasteful, it's almost like being told "you don't want to die than follow our rules". To that I say "blow me".

Unfortunately some tend to bite for no reason at all depending on social status and whereabouts !

Yeah well, I suppose what I really should have said was:

Breathe Easy, Don't Break The Law

Spoken like a true tyrant.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

I'd think that shirt might be dangerous to wear in some places. But, if they had something in visor form that I could throw on quick when/if I get pulled over........

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Come on do what your told especially when your a criminal or that's the risk you take . It's all business

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Breathe Easy, Don't Break the Law*

* unless you are a cop, prosecutor, politician, CIA, judge, banker, or multimillionaire. Then you can break any law you like, you won't be prosecuted.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I prefer this to their trollage.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I honestly don't think profiling will ever go away. It really can't be controlled on a personal basis. You can change or manage how a police officer approaches a situation, but really if you think about it, it's part of law enforcement.

-If teenagers between the ages of fourteen and seventeen are more likely to shoplift, I'll bet you 10 to 1 store security guards are watching them more closely.

-If young blacks are committing more violent crime in a particular area, I'm sure they will be watched more closely.

-Middle Eastern looking people who are acting suspicious around airports or large events are going to be watched more closely because of the threat of terrorism that's committed by people in that community.

-I'm sure male Mexican drivers crossing the border into the U.S. who are acting nervous or suspicious are being profiled for possibly smuggling drugs. The same goes for Middle Eastern people crossing the border from Canada into the U.S..

-I'm sure bikers and gang members, black and white, are profiled for commingling crimes, dealing drugs, and instigating bar fights.

-Italians, Irish, Russian and the Chinese gangs are probably closely watched for organized crime.

Stereotyping occurs when a cultural segment of the population have a statistical high percentage of committing crimes, violence, shootings or displaying a habit or style that is unique to that community.

If 60% of Russian teenagers were found to have a high percentage of stealing cars, I'm sure police would be suspicious seeing them hanging around parked cars. It's stereotyping, but really, that's part of law enforcement.
edit on 16-12-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Meh nm
edit on thTue, 16 Dec 2014 19:53:45 -0600America/Chicago1220144580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Ya but how much of thone numbers get created by people only looking at certain people?
Does it not make sense that if you pay to close attention to one group that not only will you find they do it more but others not get caught cause you are not looking?
edit on thTue, 16 Dec 2014 20:48:52 -0600America/Chicago1220145280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

That's definitely a problem, but how do you go about changing it?

How many people are afraid to drive through rough neighborhoods? The majority of us would drive around it instead of taking a chance of being shot at. That's a basic form of stereotyping. It's really human nature to be aware of our surroundings.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: WeRpeons

Ya but how much of thone numbers get created by people only looking at certain people?
Does it not make sense that if you pay to close of attention to one group that not only will you find they so it more but others not get caught cause you are not looking?

You know, it's a lot like anything else, you shine a bright enough light on any surface and you will find blemishes.

Regardless, even IF a certain race was more prone to violence the fact remains a persons "personality" is shaped by their culture, their culture shaped by their surroundings or lack thereof. Focusing or profiling a certain race only adds to the problem, as always "government" focuses on symptoms of a disease not the disease itself (likely manufactured, read: problem, action, solution) in this case inequality.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I hope everyone who buys a shirt gets slapped twice with two hands

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think it's in very poor taste. It's kind of trolling the last words of a dead citizen...who died at the hands of the police.
It's taunting and callous.

I feel the same about these police unions who feel the need to demand that the NFL apologize and stop the peaceful protests of it's players.
WTH?

edit on 12/16/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join